Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. Zelenka - which department does he lead on Atlantis ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Zelenka - which department does he lead on Atlantis ?

Ok this is a question that i have been trying to find an answer to for a long time. i have searched the 5 seasons of Atlantis and havent found it

in one episode Dr. Zalenka tells McKay " i am my own department head"

what Department is he the head of?
    THE HAM HAS SPOKEN

What episode is that in?

Maybe he's a head of a sub-science dept.

Comment

As far as I remember, he was just head of his own science and research department team.
      If you want a particular department title, seeing as his proficiency was with Ancient technology and everytime you saw him he was messing around with the Ancient technology in Atlantis - I'd say that was it.

Rodney was going off-world, at times even being "stuck" in situations where he couldn't spend full-time with the department at home to explore, learn about the city and deal with crisis when Rodney wasn't there.
      It would be only fitting that Radek headed his own team of scientists in Atlantis.
      Any "science" department that Rodney isn't "heading" he would consider a joke because of his ego. (Rodney lovers: That wasn't a dig at Rodney's character)!

Edit: wraith1112, that was from First Strike (3x20).
      Save Atlantis Forum
      TheAmberCafe.com Free Classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by THE HAM View Post
        Ok this is a question that i have been trying to find an answer to for a long time. i have searched the 5 seasons of Atlantis and havent found it

in one episode Dr. Zalenka tells McKay " i am my own department head"

what Department is he the head of?
        They never really have said what he was department head of. They've just left it so far to the fans to use their imaginations.
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Zelenka: If we survive this, I'm putting in for a transfer.
          McKay: Oh, please, we both know that you've done your best work under me.
          Zelenka: Under you? I'm my own department head you know.
          McKay: Oh, please, we both know that department is a joke...
          Sheppard: Why don't you guys just make out and get it over with?

The name of the episode is First Strike (3.20). I loved that scene
          I'm guessing there are several science departments on Atlantis. Should there be any particular ones?
          Last edited by Mirjam; 15 May 2009, 11:25 PM.
          "The clowns? Oh, yeah, the clowns. We fight them too — entire armies, spilling out of Volkswagons. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in!"

Comment

i think he is the head of the medical department

Comment

Originally posted by Cadaveria View Post
              i think he is the head of the medical department
              That makes no sense. Zelenka has no medical background. I think Zelenka heads a sub-department. McKay obviously is in charge of all the Physics in Atlantis. An area is very broad. it stands to reason their are departments inside Physics are more speciailized. I wonder if Zelenka runs a more specialized department.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Zelenka is Mckay's second-in-command, so he leads every scientist in the city when Rodney is off-world.
                In that episode he is probably talking about a research team; we know he is one of the most expert of puddle-jumper technology, maybe it's about that...
                sigpic
                Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

Personally, I think it has something to do with city maintanence. More broader, fixing broken technology on Atlantis.

My Controls · Edit Signature · Edit Avatar

Comment

i think dr. Zelenka was as written earlier Mckays second in command. and head over the city power maintenance and puddle-jumper bays.

Comment

Based on what I know about technology and after seeing the kinds of things that Zelenka was usually repairing, I am going to say that Zelenka was probably in charge of the Electrical Engineering dept.

Rodney mentioned having degrees in Physics and Mechanical Engineering, so I'm guessing that Rodney is probably the head of the Science branch on Atlantis and takes on position as head of the Mech. Engin. dept as well. Elec. and Mech. engineers often have to collaborate with each other on similar projects in RL so this makes the most sense to me.
                      StarshineRoxie
                      A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starshineRoxie View Post
                        Based on what I know about technology and after seeing the kinds of things that Zelenka was usually repairing, I am going to say that Zelenka was probably in charge of the Electrical Engineering dept.

Rodney mentioned having degrees in Physics and Mechanical Engineering, so I'm guessing that Rodney is probably the head of the Science branch on Atlantis and takes on position as head of the Mech. Engin. dept as well. Elec. and Mech. engineers often have to collaborate with each other on similar projects in RL so this makes the most sense to me.
                        as far as i know it was never mentioned he had a degree in mechanical engineering. in "this mortal coil" he said 'is anyone else a physics and math expert' so i assumed he had a degree in some type of mathematics..correction a PhD in maths and physics

Comment

There's quite a few sites that say Radek had an expertise in and was an expert on Ancient technology.
                          Save Atlantis Forum
                          TheAmberCafe.com Free Classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by WraithInMe View Post
                            There's quite a few sites that say Radek had an expertise in and was an expert on Ancient technology.
                            He'd have to be if he was always working on the puddle jumpers and keeping systems operating on Atlantis not to mention being able to keep up a conversation and working along side Rodney.
                            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I believe he heads the clown college.

das
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X