X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeds of Time (419)

Stargate: Horizon
    Seeds of Time

Ten years in the future De'van Callen learns that the timeline has been manipulated.

Check it out!

Then stop back here for comments and discussion!
    Outstanding
    41.18%
    Good
    41.18%
    Fair
    17.65%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Last edited by Alex Rubit; 14 May 2009, 01:55 PM.

Well, it's finally happened! After more than a year, Horizon has finally returned with a brand new episode!

We'll also have the website updated with the release later, but for now... click on the link above to download "Seeds of Time."

And be sure to post your comments here to get some discussions going.

Enjoy!
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
      Well, it's finally happened! After more than a year, Horizon has finally returned with a brand new episode!

We'll also have the website updated with the release later, but for now... click on the link above to download "Seeds of Time."

Enjoy!
      Can you please give me a link to the pilot?
      sigpic

Comment

You should find the older episodes here.

http://sg-universe.net/sgh/s1/

Make sure you click on the SGU Episode Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post

Enjoy!
          Its GREAT so far!

Although im busy with something else at the moment and will have to read it all later.

and Alex... am i part of the writer staff yet?

its been almost a month and i havnt been informed yet.

Comment

i don't know what to say man that was a good episode. u guys sure do know how to come back with a BANG! I was kinda reminded of 2010 from SG-1. but i hope what happened at the end of the episode will happen in either an upcoming episode or the season finale cause quite frankly i think grant and sivea need to have a little talk.

Comment

As Lt. Colonel John Sheppard said, I was reminded of SG-1's "2010" was well, but honestly, I thought this episode was awfully derivative of that episode. Frankly, the whole idea seemed rather lacking in originality. Alex, you've mentioned that sci-fi is about putting new spins on old stories, and I honestly don't think this was a new spin.

Besides that, I did enjoy the episode, although I also feel that the ending seemed too easy. Future Grant just shows up, shoots the guy and all's well. Yeah, finding the time travel device and everything wasn't exactly simple, but it shouldn't have been that simple for Future Grant. Also, Adult Caitlin showing up... so? There was nothing that made it especially significant that Caitlin sent them the message from the future instead of someone else. Granted, it did need to be someone who they would listen to, but so much more could have been done with Adult Caitlin and, in the end, it felt like a wasted opportunity.

The following is more of a side note, and is not directed towards the episode in particular:
              From the other scripts and teleplays I've read (including those from SG-1), Horizon seems to be written in a more "old-fashioned" type of screenwriting that's clunkier and harder to read. Yes, some screenwriters will constantly use the SHOT element, but most won't--especially not with such frequency. Obviously, it is too late to even consider these changes for season four, but it is something to at least think over in the future.
              Rocky

Comment

Snif,
                It was worth the wait.

Comment

Really nice episode. A bit confusing at the start and David ramming the ship was a bit predictable but overall, I'd give it a 8/10.

Also I was think that maybe you guys should do a kind of catch up trailer, just for people like me with bad memorys who have forgotton the finer points of the series and don't have time to re-read it. Just an idea.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                  Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

It's good to read you guys & it was really great!!

Now it's a little late here so I'll leave my comments for tomorrow, but today I couldn't help to thank you for so an emotive episode and with so a shaky-teaser!!

sigpic
                    ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
                    - That's a lie!!!
                    - Indeed it is...

Comment

Sorry did you nick this epsidoe of star trek voyager. It reminded me a awfully alot like Relativity. But may be that me.

Overall very predictable episode. So I rated it fair.

I thought it a nice introduction to the new race, who seem far more advance the ancients when it come time travel anyway. Wonder if we going to see anymore of them.

An honestly they be stupid to destroy the technology, It far to powerful to destroy it.

I would just like to add a catch trailer would of gone good here to.

Like the station blowing, through it reminded me of a DS9 episodes.

Now I feel like I am just picking on you guys. Look forward to the next episode and welcome back.

Comment

So! As promised, my comments:

-First of all, a comment about "this episode has a resemblance with..." or "that was a SG:H version of that episode in...". Really, if you track all episodes of all sci-fi series is for sure that you'll find a lot of it-seems-like episodes. IMHO it's a little unfair basing a comment in "that's a version of... and was better/poor than that one". Each episode is unique. Some aspects look like aspects of another episode of another series? Good, series and films have continuously references and influences to previous works of the same thematic but still they are a work for themselves. It's fine post it as note, but basing a whole comment on that... :/

Now, about the episode! First of all, I think the whole pace was really great. The continued changing between present and future wasn't crazy at all -sometimes that's too confusing in these sort of episodes- . One more time, the teaser was a big shock, indeed! The character development was OK. There was a lack of deeper exploration of Daniel's, Chris' & Tom's lifes, though. Grant's future version was really good interpreted.

The next one as soon as possible, please!
                        sigpic
                        ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
                        - That's a lie!!!
                        - Indeed it is...

Comment

Thanks to everyone for all the great comments!

I couldn't check until today, because I haven't been able to get online (that's also why the site is still not updated). All the feedback is definitely appreciated, and... only three more days until the next episode.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith queen inga View Post
                            and Alex... am i part of the writer staff yet?

its been almost a month and i havnt been informed yet.
                            Sorry about the delayed response. But I'd like to make an official announcement regarding the future of the series first. So... that's coming up soon. And I promise it'll be good.

Comment

I don't care about the 'it's like 2010 or ST Voyager' I am just so glad it is back and with such a good story. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it and keep'em coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X