X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mortal Kombat movie

Director Chris Mink talks New Mortal Kombat movie

“The project isn't so much a sequel as it is a re-envisioning of the Mortal Kombat franchise from top to bottom. Todays audience is a savvy involved group so the film must be A plus plus in every area in order to capture the magic of the first film. It is taking the entire concept to the next level across the board in every area visual design, story, cast, FX, photography and most importantly the fighting scenes. The original Mortal Kombat game was born a child of many visual loves by the creators at midway so this latest version borrows heavily from that pioneering spirit and must be thought out and executed at the highest level in order for it succeed in today's market place. This is no overnight task."

And with regards to the casting of the film Mink replied

"First things first, the way these larger projects need to be done. It is still in the business stages but once that is squared away all casting options will be explored along with the continued development of the best story line

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...t/news/?a=7488

Why?! What for?, oh, I forgot - for money :|
    Old MK was... umm, decent. I don't think it's gonna be a huge success.
    '- Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!
    - Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth.
    - Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?
    - Yes.
    [long pause] - Friend!!'

Comment

see how the new street fighter movie does, then call judgement i say, i just hope it is an R rated movie
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, as usually: we will see. But I don't expect a miracle. Nor the Mortal Kombat, nor (especially) the Street Fighter (come on, Kristen Kreuk as Chun Li? oO) or new Conan (yep, Ratner will kill Conan - the same way as he done with X3).

(sorry for OT)
        '- Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!
        - Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth.
        - Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?
        - Yes.
        [long pause] - Friend!!'

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
          see how the new street fighter movie does, then call judgement i say, i just hope it is an R rated movie
          Originally posted by diana6echo View Post
          Yeah, as usually: we will see. But I don't expect a miracle. Nor the Mortal Kombat, nor (especially) the Street Fighter (come on, Kristen Kreuk as Chun Li? oO) or new Conan (yep, Ratner will kill Conan - the same way as he done with X3).

(sorry for OT)
          Well so far Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li has only had a limited international release, earning $11,960,221 (domestic & worldwide) and ranking only 4% positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.

Comment

Working...
          X