Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest the mole Time

Mods perhaps a poll.

I am still pretty certain there a mole in the house, it was not the house just playing games.

Topher I believe is the mole it makes the most sense.
    Here my evidence

He hates himself and his job. evidence you say, after all most of the time he seems to take pleasure in doing his job. Well from the last episode we learnt
    Spoiler:
    In the final he purposedly create a construct of Ms Saunders(The whiskey doll ) which hated him, why would someone do that unless he hates what he doing as a job, or perhaps hate the entire concept of programming humans, and that programming someone who will purposely hate him is a way of punishing himself and to show sign of restraint in using the technology

He also punish himself by staying away from people and having no friends.
    or social life
    Okay so this may be the standard, nerdy character type in tv but I believe it actually part of his own punishments, he cannot stand what he is does and so he denies himself life and friends outside the house. Evidence is shown by the face that once a year he lets himself have a friend for a day so it not completely unbearable life for himself.

So you say why does not he leave. A reason is because he never seen anyone else leave the house before and seen them afterwards, and because he wants to know what the purpose of the house is, like most intelligent people he hates not knowing stuff and he been there for years an yet have not figured it out and he want to stay until he does. He probably wondering why they do not used it to control the world or have immortality, he likes puzzles and the dollhouse is just a puzzle to him that needs solving.

More evidence, He show his true colours when he finally discovered a bit more about the organisation, the location of the headquarters, he actually smiled slightly at that, it almost a sign of relieve that he actually got a bit of new information after all these years, he had the progress at last look, and attempted further that a bit more.
    He, in so far as we seen on screen is the only one who would have access to the constructs to program the messages the mole sent to the Paul.
    To me I think I got a pretty strong case for Topher being the mole. Anyone else got other ideas.

sorry if this a duplicate thread did search but could not fine a dedicated thread.
    Last edited by knowles2; 09 May 2009, 06:25 PM.

Sorry to come on late on this one.

I feel Topher isn't a mole. He's smart, but annoys the hell out of everyone he meets, leading to the conclusion that if it weren't for the Dollhouse he'd be miserable because society could not accept him. This can't be an act because he's even an ass to dolls who won't remember him in 10 minutes.

The show doesn't display any staff with normal lives because that undermines the nature of the show. Do the all the staff sleep at the Dollhouse or do some go to their homes? I could see Boyd going home to the wife and kids. Unfortunately, this makes it look like all the staff are insane.

Comment

I still think it's Doc Saunders especially now
      Spoiler:
      that we found out that she is actually a doll and the real Doctor was killed by Alpha. She does remember she was someone else, doesn't she or did I get this wrong?
      Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
        I still think it's Doc Saunders especially now
        Spoiler:
        that we found out that she is actually a doll and the real Doctor was killed by Alpha. She does remember she was someone else, doesn't she or did I get this wrong?
        Spoiler:
        I don't believe that she remembers being someone else per se, she just understands what it is to be a Doll. Now, what would be fun is if the original Dr. Saunders was the mole and this Dr. Saunders has carried through with all of his plans.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
          Spoiler:
          I don't believe that she remembers being someone else per se, she just understands what it is to be a Doll. Now, what would be fun is if the original Dr. Saunders was the mole and this Dr. Saunders has carried through with all of his plans.
          That is even better!
          Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

i just watched s1 and wanted to post that there is another spy ...good thing i checked previous topics.
            knowles2, i don't think topher is a mole, because analytic-echo didn't think so. only way he could be a mole is if he would program himself to do moly stuff unknowingly, like a sleeper or another personality of which he made himself unaware.
            i myself think that dr.sunders is a mole - she has the knowhow and she has the motif - maybe she feels that her agreement to become a doll was abused and she wants to save other dolls while still protecting them by being their doctor.
            ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

i think it's tophers assistant, for a few reasons
              1) imbedded stuff for paul didn't start showing up until she did
              2) she's not in epitaph one
              3) mr dominic tried to frame her for being a mole, the fact she was framed was from a story perspective because dominic didn't trust her, and from a writing perspective, beause it was supposed to throw the viewers off her scent as a mole.
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

I think it may be Boyd because of his scene with the Doc in Epitaph One.

Comment

Working...
                X