Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outline : Fan script/fanfic help needed !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outline : Fan script/fanfic help needed !

Hey guys,
    For quite a while i have been wanting to write a Stargate Atlantis script, just for fun. I think i have picked up on the characters manerisms from watching so much atlantis and i want to do it(even if it's not that great). I do, however, need an outline or a concept. Anyone have anything they wished they could see atlantis do that Atlantis never did?
    sigpic

I want to see Teyla be the hero for once () and something that follows up The Seed/Spoils of War. I love the Wraith background
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I want to see Teyla be the hero for once () and something that follows up The Seed/Spoils of War. I love the Wraith background
      Yeah that would be cool, I just need a more specific plot, like the SGA team stumbles upon a hiveship factory(cause they're grow, not built) and telya somehow saves the day. Also, I want to bring in a guest star(not todd or any wraith for that matter.) Any ideas
      sigpic

Comment

Lol, you wanna write a script but your asking for other peoples ideas!? Anyone else see the cross-purpose in that!?

Umm, k well I guess it'd be interesting for the Goa'uld and the Wraith to form some sort of an Alliance, maybe a Wraith with a Symbiote in it!?
        sigpic

Comment

Interesting idea about a Wraith with a Symbiote. I wonder if it would need to feed??

Anyway, I would like to see an episode showing the Ancients in action against the Wraith.

Comment

bring back super ford. i miss rainbow sun franks
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It's best if you use your own ideas...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                It's best if you use your own ideas...
                I'm just afraid my idea will be bad so I wanted to get ideas from fellow fans.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, you're never going to be a successful writer if you don't have confidence in what you're writing.

Just try.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Well, you're never going to be a successful writer if you don't have confidence in what you're writing.

Just try.
                    I agree with PG15.

I can understand why you'd like to get some ideas from others but what makes their ideas any better than your own? You may find that as you start to write your own ideas will change and grow into something totally different to how you imagined it would turn out when you started. (Hope that makes sense.)

Just go with your own ideas - and happy writing!

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                      Hey guys,
                      For quite a while i have been wanting to write a Stargate Atlantis script, just for fun. I think i have picked up on the characters manerisms from watching so much atlantis and i want to do it(even if it's not that great). I do, however, need an outline or a concept. Anyone have anything they wished they could see atlantis do that Atlantis never did?
                      I'm just afraid my idea will be bad so I wanted to get ideas from fellow fans.
                      As you've said in the initial post. It's primarily for your enjoyment (as is all the writing I do) so you should write whatever you like! Don't worry about what other people think about it, as pleasing others shouldn't be the reason why you write if it's just for fun
                      McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Anyone have anything they wished they could see atlantis do that Atlantis never did?
                        What do you wish the show had done? Surely there must be something.

Your idea that you mentioned in a later post about a hive factory is a great place to start. You may not know exactly how it's going to go, but you know that happens, and if you want Teyla to save the day you know sort of how it'll end. That's enough to start with. Just start writing.

Also, if you want to write, that's great. But if you need to rely on others for ideas/direction etc you won't get very far. I guarantee you that you'll be less excited about writing someone else's idea than you will be your own.

Comment

My problems with my own writing, is a little bit of overambitious scope, lack of actually writing it, (though I've done quite some fixing), and feasibilities with compatibility with existing Atlantis canon.

I've decided to start up a new thread soon and begin throwing ideas around and working to build up improvements in my vision.

Fanfiction isn't easy, especially writing episode-length scripts and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                            My problems with my own writing, is a little bit of overambitious scope, lack of actually writing it, (though I've done quite some fixing), and feasibilities with compatibility with existing Atlantis canon.

I've decided to start up a new thread soon and begin throwing ideas around and working to build up improvements in my vision.

Fanfiction isn't easy, especially writing episode-length scripts and then some.
                            Yeah i know what you mean.

Hey send me a link to the thread when its up and running.

Here is an idea for the episode i want to write.

The story will feature the genii, it will be a 45 minute episode, and will be a wraith story that will explore the creation of hiveships. I want telya to be a significant presence in the story and i want to have Ford in the story.

I also want to include the Daedalus Variations aliens but that will probably be a different story

So what do you think of it?
                            sigpic

Comment

It has potential. Now, how do those things relate in your story, and what does the story do to the characters? Does it develop them in anyway? What is the point of the story?

Does anything cool happen?

Basically, if you want to have a good episode, it's best to not make it so it's just a bunch of things that happens, IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                              X