Dr. Weir and the Anti-Replicator Field in "Lifeline"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Weir and the Anti-Replicator Field in "Lifeline"

I was just watching Lifeline, and I realized something that could be considered a goof on the part of the writers. When Sheppard, McKay, Ronan, and Weir went to the Replicator Homeworld, they activated a field to disrupt the nanites in the Replicators.

Since the field emanated from the jumper, and Weir was inside the jumper, shouldn't the field have affected the active nanites inside of her?
    Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

That is definitely an interesting catch there. Now, I'll have to re-watch to find the answer. It's a good ep anyhoo.
    StarshineRoxie
    A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
    sigpic

Comment

em i dont think that would be an issue the field works on the same principal as the ARG's . that it disrupts the bonds between the replicator parts rendering them enert . but the nanites in wier dont actually form together into blocks or parts . they work as inidividuals . also i dont think the shield starts from the centre of the jumper . it would eminate from the hull outwards in the general shape of the jumper .anything already inside the bubble wouldnt have a problem only anything trying to pass through it

Comment

Something to do with Rodney altering Dr Weirs Nanites I guess? Plus the fact that she's mainly human?
        sigpic

Comment

No, Rodney made the field by interfacing the ARG crystal with the jumper's cloaking generator. So it should have started at the jumper's hull and then extended outward, just like the cloak would have if they simply extended the cloak to cover a wider distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
            No, Rodney made the field by interfacing the ARG crystal with the jumper's cloaking generator. So it should have started at the jumper's hull and then extended outward, just like the cloak would have if they simply extended the cloak to cover a wider distance.
            Exactly. The field doesn't extend inside the Jumper, but instead outward from the hull.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Working...
            X