PDA

View Full Version : Interview/FAQ with JoWooD about "Stargate SG-1: The Alliance"

Thor
December 9th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Stargate-Project got the chance to ask JoWooD Productions a few questions about the new, upcoming Stargate action game "Stargate - The Alliance". It will be released in late 2005 and is based on the SciFi channels hit series "Stargate SG1". The game will be available for PC and all major platforms.

You can find the article in english with two brand new photos on Stargate-Project.com

http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate/index.php?seite=artikel&aktion=show&ID=253

A German version comes soon! So to all Germans: Stay tuned!

Matt G
December 9th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Nice interview! It sounds fairly similar to Rainbow Six!:)

Wallpaperman
December 9th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Hello Thor !
Thanks for the interview !!

Elite Anubis Guard
December 9th, 2004, 12:25 PM
sounding nice, good interview!

Andy867
December 9th, 2004, 02:01 PM
I am really looking forward to both Co-op and also Multiplayer, as well as the "new threat exclusively for the game that is pivotal to the story..."

I am also definitely looking forward to the idea that they said the game will be VERY MODDER FRIENDLY and they will be very open on the scene...

MajorSam
December 9th, 2004, 03:35 PM
I cant WAIT for the game!!!!!!! I've been waiting forEVER for a good game.

The interview was pretty good, but I love how JoWooD or whatever kept saying "We dont' want to say anything about ____ at this time" for almost every single question...hahah. and the Furlings "No Comment' thing? They sure now how to shirk a subject!

D.C.
December 9th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Anyone played the game Freedom Fighters? It would be cool if you could order SG-1 team members around like that. :)

Darren
December 9th, 2004, 04:57 PM
To clarify, this is not a Stargate-Project interview with JoWood -- it is an FAQ that JoWood wrote based on what fans are asking them, and which they distributed to fan sites to publish today. (GateWorld has it here (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2004/12/jowoodanswersvideogameques.shtml).)

Maybe all the questions did come from Stargate-Project. Thor can correct me if that's the case.

Nathan
December 9th, 2004, 04:59 PM
They only distributed it to popular fan sites :P

But nice work on getting it up Darren :)

Thor
December 9th, 2004, 08:43 PM
We actually asked them the questions. It was planned to ask Ben Lenzo several months ago, but then JoWooD came and we were told if we have questions we should ask them. We did and instead of getting the answers only they made a FAQ out of it and sent it to every stargate fansite.

I do respect this, although I don't like it. But it's the best for the game if as many fans notice it as possible.

So Darren, yes it is a FAQ now, but it was planned as an interview a very loooooong time ago (August this year, but as you can see they kept us waiting all the monthy long)...
We wouldn't say it's our if it wasn't. And in a way it is but other websites got it also.

JWD_Ivan
December 9th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Thor is right. The FAQ is based mainly upon questions we got from Stargate Project, so if he says it`s an interview, it`s o.k.

Darren
December 9th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Very good, Thor! Excellent questions. Thanks much.

Wallpaperman
December 10th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Thanks Thor, I also recieved the email from JoWood and put it on my website.
I will credit you, I think it's normal.

D.C.
December 10th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Thanks Thor and everyone who posted the FAQ. It's an interesting read and it's definately appreciated. This game has been a long time coming and I'm glad we're finally getting some info. Thanks again.

Thor
December 10th, 2004, 04:07 AM
Come on guys ;) All that matter is that you enjoy it. We are not the source, we just sent the questions :D
So thank MGM/JoWooD/Perception for doing this great game and for giving us (I mean the Fans) information about the game :)

JWD_Ivan
December 10th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Come on guys ;) All that matter is that you enjoy it. We are not the source, we just sent the questions :D
So thank MGM/JoWooD/Perception for doing this great game and for giving us (I mean the Fans) information about the game :)

I promised Information,and you get information. I´m sorry for all the delays, but in the end we came up with a quite satisfying result. The next step is the collection of feedback and the integration of all star gate fans out there in the game developing process. I`ve always told that a great setting deserves a game worth this setting, the fans are the only one who can help us to achieve that as perfect as possible!

Wass
December 10th, 2004, 09:08 AM
I am looking farward to playing this game like the pics I have seen

Dana_Jeanne
December 10th, 2004, 09:35 AM
I promised Information,and you get information. I´m sorry for all the delays, but in the end we came up with a quite satisfying result. The next step is the collection of feedback and the integration of all star gate fans out there in the game developing process. I`ve always told that a great setting deserves a game worth this setting, the fans are the only one who can help us to achieve that as perfect as possible!

I don't play computer games (okay, I just finished the 12-step Get Away from The Sims Program <G>) but I'm really looking forward to this, it sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. I don't understand anything that people are talking about (modding and such) but as long as it has Daniel, mythology and exploration to go along with the explosions, I'll be happy. I like to use my brain as well as my fiungers :)

Dana Jeanne

Andy867
December 11th, 2004, 12:49 PM
My biggest curiousity is how perception/JoWooD plans to recreate the stargate/event horizon/Kawoosh effect (which is something that not even the Kawoosh FX people have been able to do for the TV show, which is why it is always a 2d effect)

D.C.
December 11th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Maybe they'll just go to a cinematic when it's time to activate the gate. :)

Andy867
December 11th, 2004, 03:33 PM
I sincerely hope not because I want the chance to be in the gateroom when the gate is activated (will allow for a cool scene like running into the gate right after the kawoosh effect or suicidal run;), or even missions in which the IRIS fails to activate and causes Kull warriors access to the base (AVATAR)

D.C.
December 11th, 2004, 03:45 PM
They could do it probably... just depends how realistic it will look. :)

Di$array
December 12th, 2004, 08:04 AM
god next year that is so long away!!! but it will be worth it, am tellin ya! ;)

Mjollnir
December 12th, 2004, 09:48 AM
When this game comes out I won't be going to school for at least a week. :D

Andy867
December 12th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Another thing I am really interested in is the whole "very modder-friendly" which I believe is the KEY to a games TRUE success. Sure the game has to have a strong story/game design to it, but for it to go well with fans and gamers nowadays, it MUST be moddable or the game will perish.

Elite Anubis Guard
December 12th, 2004, 12:22 PM
yeh, i cant wait for this aswell cos itd make making sg1 fanfilms easier. machinima!

Nathan
December 12th, 2004, 01:26 PM
god next year that is so long away!!! but it will be worth it, am tellin ya! ;)
Next year is only 18 days away.

Mjollnir
December 12th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Someone should make a Stargate MMORPG. That would rock my socks.

Nathan
December 12th, 2004, 03:58 PM
How do you know they haven't got that in mind already?
It would be cool. I hope they pay a lot of attention to multiplayer aspects of the game.

Completing single player mission will be fine and good but once you have played it and won it, what then?

MULTIPLAYER!
4 team members, all playing a specific character or playing the role of the Gaould or whoever the enemy is. Vehicles, space craft etc etc.

Unreal Tournament 2004 - Stargate style!

JWD_Ivan
December 13th, 2004, 01:39 AM
MULTIPLAYER!
4 team members, all playing a specific character or playing the role of the Gaould or whoever the enemy is. Vehicles, space craft etc etc.

YOU will love the game! :D

Nathan
December 13th, 2004, 01:44 AM
YOU will love the game! :D
I know. This is why I started a fan site dedicated to it :)
Still waiting for you to respond to my email to you though :P

Di$array
December 13th, 2004, 06:14 AM
yes the multiplayer should be aresome a bit like tom clancy splinter cell: PA that i have in mind :D and it will be are job to keep this great game alive and i will look forward to starting a mod for it. i also hope there the developers support the game by creating new maps to download, etc.

Elite Anubis Guard
December 13th, 2004, 08:15 AM
yeh, im hoping the multiplayer will be nice and intense, ut style!

Andy867
December 13th, 2004, 10:58 AM
I am definitely optimistic about both Multiplayer and its "co-op" function which I believe is the future of MP gaming... (Deathmatch had its time, but Co-op is becoming a huge thing among gamers)

Di$array
December 15th, 2004, 06:57 AM
I am definitely optimistic about both Multiplayer and its "co-op" function which I believe is the future of MP gaming... (Deathmatch had its time, but Co-op is becoming a huge thing among gamers)

well i am thinking of a splinter cell :PA kind of multiplayer, and that is one of the best multiplayer games out there :D