PDA

View Full Version : Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Off-World (RPG Thread)



Pages : [1] 2 3

ciannwn
May 3rd, 2009, 02:22 AM
*Communication for Devon from the Pirate Camp*

Jean-Luc: Jean-Luc, Afa and Spike will be attending the Grand Opening of Deveareax. This is a partial party of ordinary attendees.

ciannwn
May 3rd, 2009, 02:33 AM
*Communication for Devon from the Hippie Commune*

Ellia: Ellia, Zaddik, Molly, Crockett and Isolde will be attending the Grand Opening of Deveareax. This is a party of five ordinary attendees.

Mariellelita
May 3rd, 2009, 09:39 AM
*Message from Kenny's Hive*

Kenny: Mar, Chris, and myself will be attending in the Commandership party.

ciannwn
May 3rd, 2009, 09:59 AM
*Communication for Devon from Boris's Hive*

Boris: Boris, Ciannwn, Karl, Erik and Shawn will be attending the Grand Opening of Deveareax as members of a Commanding Officership party.

Draygon, Michael, Draco-Stellaris and Tommy will be attending the Grand Opening of Deveareax. This is a party of ordinary attendees.

Shawn is applying for a place on the kitchen tour.

TechnoWraith
May 3rd, 2009, 11:02 AM
Devon is sitting in his quarters, taking a rare break from the hustle and bustle of Deveareax. He looks at his recent messages and Communications.

Devon: "Wow. I have 19 attendeees so far. Queen Amadala and her entourage, plus the Hive 95 attendees... " **Devon does some quick mental math. He then clicks on his communication device, calling down to the kitchen.***

Devon: "Please make sure there are at least 25 entrees available from the menu. Prep will take additional time, so please be sure to do it properly. We can not afford to mess up like we did last week."

**Devon closed the communication and looked back at his messages. He notes Shawn's Tour request, and makes a note on the kitchen planner to accommodate the request. Devon then leans back in his chair, and stretches. He thinks about the upcoming Grand Opening. Deveareax has been running smoothly for the most part. Though the first couple weeks were really bad as both Devon and his staff were getting accustomed to the new equipment and procedures. But even still, there are still glitches and things that made life a tad stressful sometimes. Like that time a chef left the freezer door open. Devon learned all too late that the freezer wasn't installed properly, and the door did not close on it's own like it was supposed to. A costly mistake at the least. And then there is the fryer incident where a chef mistakenly poured water into a deep fryer and caused a large fire. But it was contained to only that fryer, which was easy to replace. Devon sighed, thinking about all the final preparations taking place. His staff was currently out in the dining room, placing the last of the decorations, and moving things around according to Devon's carefully laid out plan. Queen Amadala was also fixing up her private seating area as well. She had married her design with that of Devon's to create a distinct, yet appealing area that looked elegant as well as fit well into Devon's design. In the end, Devon had a lot of stress on his shoulders. Zidane had made top-notch raves for Deveareax, and wasn't afraid to make them known, either. In the end, Devon was really just hoping to get the Grand Opening over with, so he could return to normal life. The communication matrix buzzed loudly. Devon's thoughts are interrupted, and he reaches for the button.**

Devon: "Yes?"
Voice at other end: "We have a problem. The oven seems to not be working right."
Devon sighed heavily.
Devon: "On my way..."
Off to the kitchen again, he thought. Devon stands up and make his way toward the door.

TechnoWraith
May 4th, 2009, 10:01 AM
**Devon is standing in the middle of the 2nd Tier dining room in Deveareax. He directs some wraiths to adjust the blinds and curtains on the expansive windows.**
Devon: Too far to the right. Move the curtain to the left slightly.
**The wraiths move the curtain accordingly.**
Devon: Perfect!
**Devon moves on to the next order of business. He sees a head staff member sitting with several other wraiths in front of a mountain of flatware, cutlery and napkins.**
Devon: Please make sureto get all the flatware polished like i showed you. It's important for presentation!
**The head staff member nodded, and then instructed the wraiths polishing the flatware accordingly. Devon went to the Queen's section, and sees that she is still putting her section in order. The Queen doesn't see Devon, as she is absorbed in having her section arranged just perfectly. Devon turns and walks to the balcony rail overlooking the 1st Tier Dinging room. Deveareax staff members are placing tables, unfolding table cloths, placing center pieces. The entire room is bustling with hurried activity. Several wraiths are seen setting up a DJ station, and lights. The thick heavy ribbon is being strung across the wide doors of Deveareax. Devon heads to the kitchen, throwing open the big doors. Inside is a cacophony of pans, yelling, sizzling and all manner of kitchen hubbub. Through the back hallway, steady deliveries of fresh food and ingredients are flowing to the kitchen. Devon walks the stations, carefully looking at each chef as they do their work.**
Devon: The meat sauce needs a bit more seasoning.
**The young chef nods nervously, then sets about adjusting the sauce. Devon moves to the meat stations.**
Devon: Be sure to make the cuts as planned, and don't forget to keep the spare ribs on freeze until they are ordered.
Head butcher: Gotcha, chef.
**Devon moved on out of the main kitchen over to the stock areas. Wraiths were moving a steady stream of fresh goods to the freezers, refrigerators and dry stock areas. After a few minutes of observation, Devon heads to the office to check if any more communications came in from guests who are attending tomorrow's opening.**

TechnoWraith
May 4th, 2009, 08:29 PM
**Devon is in his quarters, looking at his computer screen. He opens his messages. He sees RSVP's from quite a few members of Hive 95. **

Devon (muttering under his breath): Leave it to these idiots to respond at the last minute.

**Devon sighs heavily, then updates his numbers again. Devon begins thinking about the event. **

Devon: Let's see... Zidane, Wraithguyver, Queen Amadala and 5 from her top entourage, Lucas, Morokko, Deblane, Zelda, Dr. Scott, Mavin, and Gordon. 34 total RSVP's. Sounds like a good number for the private seating. The general seating for the regular dinner service is also taking place during the opening, but that service is separate from the Private Seating. So there shouldn't be an issue. Ralph can easily handle the standard dinner service. I'll be personally overseeing the Private seating. Hmmm...

**Devon looks away from his screen to see the Deveareax menu. Mavin and Zidane had designed it in a week. Devon was impressed, especially for how crudely they had designed the menu. But the look fit in with Devon's vision quite nicely. Devon was not comfortable with being away from the kitchen during this time of critical preparation. But his kitchen staff has essentially kicked him out, saying he spent too much time in the kitchen. And that he needed rest. Devon was confident in his staff, so he gave them free reigns to manage Deveareax until he returned the next day for the final preparations for the Grand Opening.**

TechnoWraith
May 5th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Devon stared nervously at the doors of Deveareax. The bright red ribbon strung across the doors was ready for the ceremony. The final details had been put together, final meal preparations have been completed. Devon had arrived early to make sure everything was perfect. To his surprise, his staff had everything ready, and Deveareax stood ready to greet it's first formal crowd of guests. For the ceremony, Devon had the old kitchen do meal service for the day, so the vast majority of the Hive's population was eating down on deck 14. That left the dignitaries and invited guests to dine in Deveareax at their leisure. With the time of the ceremony was rapidly approaching, Devon checked in with Dartway Control to make sure guests were directed accordingly.

Devon: This is Devon to Dartway Control.
Dartway Control: Yes?
Devon: Please inform me when guests begin to arrive. Direct them to the Deck 2 Dart Bay.
Dartway Control: Roger that. Guests to Deck 2 Dartbay.

With that, Devon headed off to the old kitchen to make sure things were running ok. In just a short time, the ceremony for the Grand Opening of Deveareax would be commencing.

ciannwn
May 5th, 2009, 10:32 AM
*Communication from Boris*

Boris: A number of us from my hive, the Hippie Commune and Pirate Camp are travelling in the Wraith Jumper. This is the same size as an Atlantis Puddle Jumper. I appreciate the fact that you could be having a lot of extra darts to park so if our Jumper won't fit into whichever dart bay you have designated for guests we'll understand if we have to go somewhere else. I apologise for the inconvenience.

TechnoWraith
May 5th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Devon is walking by his office in the kitchen when he sees a communication on his screen. He opens it, seeing it's Boris.

Boris: A number of us from my hive, the Hippie Commune and Pirate Camp are travelling in the Wraith Jumper. This is the same size as an Atlantis Puddle Jumper. I appreciate the fact that you could be having a lot of extra darts to park so if our Jumper won't fit into whichever dart bay you have designated for guests we'll understand if we have to go somewhere else. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Devon nods to himself. Dartbay 2 could accommodate the jumper easily through the freight entry. He writes back to Boris.

It is not a problem to come in your Jumper. Included with this message is a clearance code that you must transmit on arrival to the Dartway Flight pattern. Failing to transmit the code may result in your being destroyed by Hive defenses. Your jumper after all, is identical to the Lantian Jumpers. I am having the Dartway Controllers bring you into Dartbay 2 through the freight entry, and you can park your jumper inside Dartbay 2 along with the other guests.

Devon attaches the clearance code to the message and then sends the message back to Boris.

Devon: So the guests are on their way. Excellent!'

Devon gets up and then heads to the kitchen to oversee the last of the final preparations.

ciannwn
May 5th, 2009, 12:22 PM
*Ciannwn takes her compact out of her evening bag and checks her hair and make up as the Jumper nears it's destination. Everyone on board looks their best. Erik is wearing the smart, short jacket he uses for special occasions and Boris has changed out of his somewhat shabby everyday clothes and is now looking very imposing in his up to date Wraith Commander's outfit. Jean-Luc looks equally imposing for the same reason because he'd thought that turning up in his usual Pirate costume would have been the incorrect thing to do. Shawn, meanwhile, as elegant as always, radiates excitement because he's been longing to see Devon's new kitchen ever since he heard about it.

Ciannwn is a little nervous about the event even though she's already met Queen Amadala and some of her crew members. Ellia senses this and sends her a wave of calming energy.

Karl is piloting the Jumper because he doesn't trust anyone else to transmit the clearance code correctly. At exactly the right second he sends a message to Hive 95*

Karl: This is the Wraith Jumper from Boris's Hive. I'm transmitting the clearance code now. *Sends clearance code*. We request docking permission.

TechnoWraith
May 5th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Hive 95 Dartway Control: We are receiving your transmission... Please standby...

**Few minutes pass.**

Hive 95 Dartway Control: You are cleared for entry. Proceed along the guided path that is being transmitted to you now. Enter Dartbay 2 through the open hatch. Dartway Control out.

ciannwn
May 5th, 2009, 12:48 PM
*Karl follows the instructions sent by Hive 95 Dartway Control. The Wraith Jumper. Enters Dartbay 2 through the open hatch.*

Mariellelita
May 5th, 2009, 01:25 PM
*Kenny, Mar, and Chris are in a jumper together and are coming closer to the hive. Mar is fidgeting with her hair, then Kenny's.*

Chris: *piloting the jumper and tries to contact the hive* Permission to dock?

Draco-Stellaris
May 5th, 2009, 01:25 PM
*DS is already excited and snuggles closer to Tommy*
DS: I have never been to such a formal event, on a strange hive, too.
*Tommy pats her hand*
Tommy: I'm sure it'll be wonderful.

TechnoWraith
May 5th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Devon sees to the last of the final preparations. The visitors would be arriving any second, and as if on cue, Dartway Control informed Devon a guest ship had arrived. Devon headed out of the kitchen and through the back access way, as using the front doors was not possible at the moment. As Devon walked toward Dartbay 2, eh encountered Lucas, Morokko and Deblane.

Lucas: Guests arrived?
Devon: Yes. In fact.
Morokko: Let's go see them.
Deblane: It will be nice to see friends again.

At that, the 4 turned toward Dartbay 2. On arrival, they all see the guest jumper from Boris's Hive. Lucas waves. Devon leads the group to the Jumper, then stands beside the rear hatch, as it slowly opens.

(OOC: Since there was a posting glitch, and the two posts above mine didn't show up till after this one, Hive 95 grants the Jumper permission to dock. ^.^)

ciannwn
May 5th, 2009, 01:41 PM
**Boris leads the way out of the Jumper and everyone says hello to the Hive 95 Wraith who have come to meet them. Ciannwn is pleased to see Lucas again. She's always been interested in hearing about his mishaps and adventures although her favourite story is still the one about a rescue party finding him photocopying his head on UPX-2411. Shawn goes over to Devon.**

Shawn *smiling*: I've been so looking forward to your Grand Opening. Congratulations on having your dream come true.

Draygon
May 5th, 2009, 01:47 PM
*Michael and Draygon follow the others out of the jumper*

Dray: Michael, relax. It's not as if anything is going to happen.

Michael: From my experiance, nothing ever runs smoothly...

Dray: :rolleyes:

Draco-Stellaris
May 5th, 2009, 01:52 PM
*DS and Tommy leave the jumper*

*DS looks around and tries to do so in an appropriate polite manner and fails terribly thus giving the life-like impression of a gaping tourist in Notre-Dame de Paris*

DS: This dart bay looks different to the ones on Boris's hive, doesn't it? It's pretty impressive.

TechnoWraith
May 5th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Devon: Welcome to Hive 95. I am grateful that you all can come to the Celebration.

**Devon sees Shawn approaching. **

Devon: It is a dream come true. And at some point, I am sure I can assist you in building your own dream dining experience.

Morokko: I wander if the others are coming?
Lucas: You mean Neo and them?
**Morokko nods.**
Deblane: I heard they might be, but not sure.
Lucas: Awesome, maybe we can go hit the Adrenaline Amusement Center later...

**Devon clears his throat loudly. Lucas gets the message and becomes silent.**

Devon: Queen Amadala is regretful that she is unable to meet you personally, but she will be meeting you all at the start of the opening ceremony. As for everyone gathered here. Again, welcome to Hive 95. If you will follow me, we shall be heading to the Meditation Center before the start of the opening Ceremony. We will be hosting you there until the final preparations are complete, which will be when all of our guests arrive.

**With that, Devon turned, and lead the group out of the Dartbay toward the Meditation Center.**

ciannwn
May 5th, 2009, 02:15 PM
**Boris is walking with Morokko and Deblane**

Boris: Neo and Fred had their chance to put their names down for the guest list but they forgot until after it was too late. They've now gone to TPD-123 with Jimmy and Gawain for the evening.

** Boris decides it would be better not to mention that the four young Wraith were probably at a Dwarf cook shop now ordering such delights as rat pie and rat on a stick.

Ellia is delighted to be going to the Meditation Center because she's heard about it and has longed to see it. Zaddik glances at her and thinks how beautiful she looks in her simple but elegant gown. He'd always wished he could have given her a better childhood than a cave to live in and rough garments to wear and he's very proud of her - his scared waif foster child has blossomed into a true Queen. **

Draygon
May 5th, 2009, 02:18 PM
*Molly sticks close to Zaddik. She feels slightly uncomfortable wearing her old royal garb, but Draygon had said it was special so she'd decided she may as well dress up.*

TechnoWraith
May 5th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Morokko and Deblane are disappointed to hear that Neo and Fred weren't going to be at the celebration. They didn't say anything, but walked with the group to the Meditation center. Lucas, on the other hand, being curious as he is, has begun to find the guests fun and interesting to be with. He is walking with DS, Dray and their wraiths, telling another one of his adventures from World of Wraiths.

Lucas: So when I found the other ships, we decided to open fire and see if we could destroy them. Then after that we... ...

ciannwn
May 5th, 2009, 02:54 PM
*Draygon wonders if she could persuade Neo and Fred to play World of Wraith. Shooting virtual ships on a computer would leave everyone dryer than their current habit of shooting people with water pistols.

Erik wonders if he'll have a chance to talk to Wraithguyver during the evening. He thinks that the Hive 95 inventor might be interested in trying to develop miniature Z.P.Ms which could power things like CD players. He's disappointed that Archimedes didn't want to attend the event as well but he understands his colleague's lack of enthusiasm. Archimedes has never taken to eating ordinary food for pleasure like most of the other Wraith on Boris's Hive - the only item he enjoys is popcorn and it's unlikely that this will be on the menu at the Grand Opening event.**

Mariellelita
May 5th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Chris walked off to talk to some of the other guests.

Mar: I can't wait for the party, can you? *fiddles with Kenny's hair*

Kenny: No, me either. I am sure Devon worked very hard on this.

Mar: *Sees Devon, but he is busy with other guests, so she just briefly waves at him*

TechnoWraith
May 5th, 2009, 03:32 PM
At length, Devon came to the Meditation Center. He opened the doors for the group, motioning them to enter. Inside the expansive lobby, there were plenty of chairs for everyone, along with soothing music and wafting smell of nice smelling scents.

Devon: Here is the Meditation Center and Spa. Please feel free to settle in. I have been informed that the Deveareax is ready for our arrival. We will proceed to the celebration just as soon as all our guests arrive.

Lucas, Morokko and Deblane run into the forest, like kids.

Devon: Don't get dirty for dinner!

But it was too late, the 3 young wraith were already out of earshot. Soon, it would be dinner. Devon was happy to have everyone at the Hive, but was nervous because he wasn't sure how the party would go. He inhaled deeply, as word came in the Queen Amadala would be joining the group in the Meditation Center in a few minutes.

Draco-Stellaris
May 6th, 2009, 04:28 AM
As they enter the Meditation Center DS inhales the wonderful scents and feels instantly relaxed.
Tommy offers her a chair and she sits down gratefully, already cursing her high-heeled shoes.

Tommy: I wonder what kind of food we will be served. Do you think there will be dishes with nutella in them?

DS: I doubt that. We can expect some highly sophisticated and delicious compositions of flavours. I imagine nutella would be a bit too mundane for Devon. Besides, nutella isn‘t normally used as a multi-purpose ingredient.

Tommy: :( Works just fine for me though.

DS: Not everyone appreciates chips with nutella like you do, sweetheart.

*DS looks around and notices Devon‘s nervousness and smiles encouragingly*

ciannwn
May 6th, 2009, 04:37 AM
**Ellia goes to the edge of the forest and listens to the birds who inhabit it.

Meanwhile, a dart painted with brightly coloured flowers and butterflies on a blue background approaches Hive 95. This is the famous Hippie Dart.piloted by Crockett with Isolde as a passenger. Crockett is completely with it at the moment because he hasn't been eating any mushrooms with interesting properties or 'happy weed'cake. He transmits a message to Hive 95**

Crockett: This is Crockett and Isolde arriving for the Grand Opening party. I'm requesting docking permission.

Draygon
May 6th, 2009, 09:31 AM
*Draygon and Michael sit together, relaxing and chatting with the other guests*

Molly: Draygon? Can I go with Lucas, Morokko and Deblane?

Dray: :rolleyes: If you really want to... but don't get grubby!

*Molly runs off after the other young wraith*

ciannwn
May 6th, 2009, 09:46 AM
**Boris and Jean-Luc get together and start talking about how hive ships were never like this during the Lantean war. Ciannwn knows that this will lead them into reminiscing about the old days and looks for someone else to talk to so the two old Commanders can enjoy their conversation. She suspects that Erik is likely to tell her about his plans for miniaturised Z.P.M's yet again and sees that Shawn is looking at Devon as if waiting for a good time to mention kitchens. In the end she goes over to Draygon and Michael.**

Draygon
May 6th, 2009, 09:52 AM
*Draygon waves as Ciannwn walks over, though she's half trying to keep an eye on what Molly's doing*

Michael: I have to say, nothings gone wrong so far :rolleyes:

Dray: Michael! Will you cheer up? You're worse than Siric...

ciannwn
May 6th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Ciannwn: What do you think's going to go wrong, Michael? **She laughs** We haven't got Kit with us so we won't end up stuck to tables with cake and jam. **She pauses.** I wonder if Devon would mind if we took something nice back for him

Draygon
May 6th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Michael: I just have a healthy sense of trepidation. Nothing ever seems to go right...

Dray: Pessimist. It would be nice if we can take something back for Kit. He's going to be very sulky about not coming... *hears a distant crashing sound from the wood and looks worried* Hope Molly's being sensible..

Mariellelita
May 6th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Mar: I love this place, the lighting is perfect!

*Spots Karl, and hugs him*

Mar: :o

Mariellelita
May 6th, 2009, 10:57 AM
*walks over to Draygon and Ciannwn*

Hello.

Draygon
May 6th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Dray: Hello Mar. Does anyone know when the meal is? I'm not complaining or anything, it's very lovely here, but I'm starting to feel hungry :o

Mariellelita
May 6th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Mar: I don't know Dray. Maybe it will be in an half an hour or so? I think that Devon wants everything perfect and set up well before it starts. I hope that he will send out hors d'oeuvres soon if dinner won't be started for a while. *Stomach growls*

Karl: *laughs at Mar* Yeah, I hope so too.

Mar: :o Oh, and Dray, I love your outfit.

ciannwn
May 6th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Ciannwn: Devon said they're waiting for all the guests to arrive before starting the celebration. I wonder what's happened to Crockett, Isolde, Afa and Spike. They should have been here by now. ** She looks a bit worried** I hope Michael's not right about something being likely to go wrong.

Draygon
May 6th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Dray: :( You had to say it, didn't you Michael...

Michael: What? It's not like it's my fault!

Mariellelita
May 6th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Mar: Oh, thanks for the reminder, Cianwnn. I hope those four didn't get lost or anything.

Draco-Stellaris
May 6th, 2009, 11:27 AM
*DS and Tommy walk over to to Dray, Mar and Ciannwn*

DS: I hope Crockett didn't eat any of his mushrooms and flew his dart in the wrong direction.

Mariellelita
May 6th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Mar: Hello DS. Hello Tommy.

Karl: I doubt Crockett would do that, would he? He may like certain, herbs and such, a lot but he is still responsible. :)

ciannwn
May 6th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Ciannwn: Even if Crockett has been on the mushrooms it still wouldn't account for Afa and Spike. They're supposed to be arriving in Spike's dart.

Draco-Stellaris
May 6th, 2009, 11:36 AM
*crashing and whooping can be heard from the forest*

DS: Sounds like the young folks have fun in there.

Draygon
May 6th, 2009, 11:37 AM
*Draygon winces as the crashing continues*

Dray: And here I though Molly was the sensible one :rolleyes:

Draco-Stellaris
May 6th, 2009, 11:39 AM
*a flock of birds emerges from the forest*

DS: So it's a good thing Gowen hasn't come with us. :rolleyes:

Mariellelita
May 6th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Mar: O.O What are they doing over there? I hope no one is hurt.

Draygon
May 6th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Dray: Well, Molly's normaly the one that keeps the other two from getting out of hand... I think maybe the other youngsters have persuaded her to relax a little though...

TechnoWraith
May 6th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Devon hears the crashing from the forest. He raises an eyebrow, then sends the 3 young wraith a stern message telepathically.

"You 3 had BETTER NOT be dirty. If you are, you will be in big trouble with Queen Amadala."

Devon then receives a message from Dartway Control that a dart has requested docking clearance. Control said the dart was hear for the party.
Devon returns the message.

"Dartway Control, please direct the dart to Dartbay 2."

Dartway Control acknowledges. Devon counted the guests present. Almost everyone had arrived. The forest is filled with noises that probably means young wraiths are getting dirty. Devon frowns, and looks up as Wraithguyver and Gordon enter.

Wraithguyver: Hi guys. Sorry we're late. Had a malfunction with the coffee detector.
Gordon: Yes, the main sensor array that scanned the coffee went bad, so we had to jury rig a new way too a redistr-
Wraithguyver: Let's bore them over dinner, not introductions.

At that, Gordon becomes silent. Wraithguyver sees the new guests. He had never met Dany of the worshippers. But he heard stories about them. Wraithguyver goes to Devon and leans close.

Wraithguyver: Those worshippers over there. Have they gone crazy yet?
Devon: No they haven't. They've been well behaved.
Wraithguyver: I think I'll talk to them.
Devon: It would be nice for you to talk about something other than technology and science.

Wraithguyver shoots Devon a glare, but then heads off to introduce himself to the worshippers as well as get reacquainted with the other wraith. Gordon meanwhile, sat on a bench near the edge of the forest, waiting for the final guests to arrive.

ciannwn
May 6th, 2009, 12:06 PM
**Crockett waits for instructions from Dartway Control**

Mariellelita
May 6th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Mar: *Says hi to Wraithguyver and asks him about any projects that he is working on*

Draygon
May 6th, 2009, 12:20 PM
*Draygon winces at yet more crashes from the forest. she starts to get up to investigate what exactly is going on, but Michael forces her to sit down.*

Michael: :rolleyes: I don't know what you're worrying about. Molly is probably just having a good time.

*more crashes*

Draco-Stellaris
May 6th, 2009, 12:26 PM
*another flock of birds emerges from the forest after a particularly loud crash*

*a bird dropping lands on DS shoes*

DS: Splendid. http://www.draco-stellaris.de/Emotes/keeper_mckay.gif

Tommy: Look at it this way. Now you have a good excuse to get rid of the uncomfortable shoes.

DS: You're right! :D *hugs Tommy and takes her shoes off* Aaaah, that's much better.

Mariellelita
May 6th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Karl: *winks at Mar and leads her on a walk around the place*

ciannwn
May 6th, 2009, 12:49 PM
**Ellia comes back from the edge of the forest thinking that she'd love to see it when there are no young Wraith and Molly making a lot of noise. Eric is pleased that Wraithguyver has arrived but forces himself not to mention miniature Z.P.M's. Shawn is starting to feel impatient and he wishes that Afa and Spike would hurry up. The longer the guests have to wait in the Mediation Room the longer it will be before he can go on the kitchen tour.**

Draco-Stellaris
May 6th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Tommy: Why don't we go over to the others and greet Wraithguyver, I haven't met him before.

DS: Sure. Now that my shoes are off I could walk through the whole hiveship and back again, so let's go over there.

TechnoWraith
May 6th, 2009, 01:26 PM
**Crockett waits for instructions from Dartway Control**

Dartway Control: You are clear for approach and landing at Dartbay 2.

Devon is continuing to wait for guests to arrive. Wraithguyver is busy meeting the worshippers. Devon senses Shawn's unease and walks over.

Devon: Trust me, the kitchen will be there. I know you are excited. I am happy to show my kitchen to anyone who wishes to see it. But in all honesty, I do wish everyone had arrived. We could start the celebration sooner.

At that, Devon hears more noise from the forest, followed by a splash. Devon winces thinking how badly he will have to scold the young ones.

Draygon
May 6th, 2009, 01:31 PM
*Draygon spots a bedraggled Molly wlaking out of the forest*

Dray: :eek: Molly! What on earth have you been doing?!

Molly: :o We were all playing tag, and I was it, and then Lucas accidently knocked me into the pond... Sorry

Dray: :rolleyes: Devon? Is there anywhere were Molly can get cleaned up? And possible some dry clothes?

*Molly blushes further*

ciannwn
May 6th, 2009, 01:36 PM
*Crockett approaches Hive 95 now he's got clearance and hopes there will be somebody to meet him and Isolde in Dartbay 2 because neither of them knows where the dining room is.

Meanwhile, Shawn looks a bit ashamed of himself.**

Shawn: I'm being selfish. I should be concerned for Spike and Afa, not getting annoyed because they aren't here yet.

TechnoWraith
May 6th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Devon looks at Molly when she emerges from the forest. Draygon looks her over, inquiring about what happened. Next Draygon asks for a change of clothes.

Devon: I do believe we have a change of clothes. However, you may have to put up with wearing male commandership uniform.

Devon sends a signal to a nearby wraith warrior. After a couple moments, the two are finished, and the warrior swiftly exits the meditation center.

Devon: Molly, you can borrow one of my uniforms for the celebration. I have a warrior going to my quarters to get the uniform. He will return in a couple minutes.

Devon was now fuming, though he kept his emotions in check. He sent a message to the 3 young wraiths in the forest. Pretty soon, the 3 reappeared. Somewhat disheveled and dirty. Just at that moment, Queen Amadala and her entourage enter the meditation center. She sees the 3 young ones.

Queen Amadala: (Giving the 3 a serious stare) I sincerely hope you do not plan on attending the ceremony looking like that.

Lucas, Morokko and Deblane all nod no.

Queen Amadala: Then get to your quarters and change into fresh clothing and look presentable. Go!

The 3 hurry out of the meditation center, eager to comply with Queen Amadala's orders. Devon sighed with relief at not having to scold the young ones. The Queen turns to the guests.

Queen Amadala: Welcome to Hive 95. I am Queen Amadala, queen of this hive. I apologize for not personally welcoming you to my hive upon your arrival. I had to attend to some serious business. I am sure Devon is eager to showcase his new kitchen and dining experience. However, I hear word that we are waiting for the last guests to arrive. Please make yourself at home.

With that, the Queen began introducing herself to the new guests she had not met before, and re-acquainting herself with the Wraith visitors.

Isolde
May 6th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Crockett: *gazes around the empty hangar* Seems like we've been forgotten. :mckay:

Isolde: No, I don't think so, sweetie, it's just that everybody is very busy tonight. :) Why don't you do your mind stuff and get someone to come get us.

Crockett; You are wonderful, Izzy, I don't know what I'd do sometimes. :D :D *sends message to Devon telepathically*

TechnoWraith
May 6th, 2009, 01:59 PM
When the message from Crockett came, Devon remembered that Crockett is arriving at the Dartbay.

Devon: I am going to meet Crockett in Dartbay 2. I will return soon.

Devon leaves the meditation center, and heads to the dartbay. He hadn't realized how unused Dartbay 2 was until he entered. The jumper and a dart were all that were there. Plus two newcomers. Devon quickly walked over to the guests.

Devon: Welcome to Hive 95. I am Devon. I apologize for not being here upon your arrival. Dartway Control must have brought you in the fast way, rather then through the regular pattern. We are all gathered at the meditation center, awaiting the final guests arrivals. I will escort you there.

Devon invites Isolde and Crockett to follow him, as he makes his way toward the Dartbay exit.

Draygon
May 6th, 2009, 02:07 PM
*Molly looks uncomfortable as Amadala and the other Hive 95 greet them. She's relieved when the warrior returns with the commander uniform.*

Molly: Is there somewhere I can change?

Michael: *whispering in Molly's ear* If you hadn't decided to go playing in the forest with a bunch of rowdy young males, then you wouldn't have this problem.

Molly: :o I said I was sorry...

ciannwn
May 6th, 2009, 02:12 PM
**Boris and Jean-Luc pay their respects to Queen Amadala and then step back so they're at the edge of the group of guests.**

Boris *whispering**: Just as well Neo and Fred didn't come with us. They'd have ended up looking like something an Iratus bug dragged in too.

Jean-Luc **whispering back**:: I won't tell anyone what happened to you at the tavern the other week,

Boris **whispering**: I wasn't about to attend a formal event hosted by a Queen, though.

Isolde
May 6th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Iz: Thanks for coming to get us, Devon. *she has linked arms with Crockett who is holding her hand too* Wow, this is an amazing ship. :D

Crockett: It's very strange to be here on another hive. :S What are we having to eat?

Mariellelita
May 6th, 2009, 02:31 PM
*Mar and Kenny go to greet Queen Amadala. Mar gives her compliments before she and Kennys walk off*

ciannwn
May 6th, 2009, 02:44 PM
*Ellia, Ciannwn, Zaddik and Erik pay their respects to Queen Amadala too. Ciannwn then makes way for Karl and goes over to Boris and Jean-Luc*

Ciannwn: Crockett's going to love this place when he sees it.

Boris: I hope he doesn't get spaced out and end up falling in water as well.

Ciannwn: Water's better than orange dye. Ellia said she won't let him near any tie dying sessions now if he's been on the mushrooms.

Isolde
May 6th, 2009, 02:55 PM
*Crockett is very busy looking at everything and admiring the hive as Devon leads them to meet and greet*

Crockett: The colours in this hive are quite beautiful, Izzy. :):cool: They are almost hippy. *he puts his hand in his pocket and Iz frowns at him*

Iz: :mckay: I hope you left the happy weed and the 'shrooms back at camp, honey, because we won't be able to join in the games.

Crockett: Iz, I promise I am on my best behaviour tonight. :confused: *shows her his empty pockets*

Iz: I'm sorry, Crockett, I DO trust you, but I had to be sure. Forgive me? :o:)

Crockett: *purrs* Of course. :D :D

TechnoWraith
May 6th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Devon slackened his pace when he heard Crockett's question about what to eat.

Devon: I have prepared a buffet style menu for tonight. When we return to the others, I will tell everyone about dinner. I am sure by this point everyone is getting hungry.

Rounding a hallway, Devon sees Lucas.

Devon: So you've gotten changed at least. That is good.
Lucas: Ummm... Yeah. Especially since Queen Amadala told me to.

Devon nodded. Lucas turned to the visitors Isolde and Crockett.

Lucas: "Hi. I'm Lucas."

He fell silent after introducing himself. The group followed Devon down the halls of the Hive. At lenght, the group came upon the meditation center. Devon invited Isolde and Crockett through the entryway, then he followed after Lucas. Everyone in the room turned as they entered.

Devon: I am happy to introduce Isolde and Crockett.

Devon stepped aside to allow the two to mingle with the guests. Devon, meanwhile, began mentally checking off those in the room. Hopefully everyone had arrived, but he didn't want to wait too much longer. He knew his guests must be getting hungry. Morokko and Deblane came back, freshly changed and looking pretty good in their commandership uniforms. The two went over by the Spa entrance and sat in the chairs, then began jabbering away about the things adolescent wraiths jabber about.

ciannwn
May 10th, 2009, 09:58 AM
**Boris, Ciannwn and Jean-Luc remain at the edge of the group**

Jean-Luc: I'm starting to feel a bit worried about Spike and Afa.

Boris: So am I. If they aren't here soon I'll ask Devon if I can send transmissions to Archimedes and Connolly so they can organise a search party.

Draco-Stellaris
May 10th, 2009, 10:10 AM
DS: I hope no one will mind my lack of shoes, they could think I'm not showing respect. :S

Tommy: Don't worry, your feet are looking nice enough.

DS: I'm a bit excited with all those strange Wraith around. What if they get hungry?

Tommy: They wouldn't feed on worshippers, at least that's what I assume.

DS: Assume?! Does that mean you don't know for sure?! :eek:

Tommy: Just kidding. :o

ciannwn
May 10th, 2009, 10:24 AM
**Ellia goes back to the edge of the forest to wait now that it's quiet. Zaddik joins her and tries to identify the scents which are wafting around. Shawn starts wondering what they're going to have for dinner although, deep down he is starting to feel a bit worried about Spike and Afa too. Erik absent mindedly strokes a strand of his hair and tries to take his mind off Spike and Afa by thinking about his miniature Z.P.M. project. Ciannwn wonders where the nearest ladies' room is along with wondering where Spike and Afa have got to.**

Draygon
May 10th, 2009, 10:31 AM
*Molly wanders back from getting changed, managing to look elegant despite wearing a commander's uniform. She makes her way over to Zaddik and Ellia, because she doesn't want to deal with Michael's "I told you so's"*

Draco-Stellaris
May 10th, 2009, 10:37 AM
*DS and Tommy wander over to Draygon and Michael*

DS *concerned*: Did you hear anything about AFA and Spike?

ciannwn
May 10th, 2009, 10:53 AM
**Ciannwn decides to ask Lucas where there nearest ladies' room is. She then realises that he probably wouldn't know what the term means and considers using the word bathroom instead. She rejects this too in case he thinks she actually wants a bath. In the end she comes to the conclusion that keeping things simple and to the point would be the best course of action.

She goes over to Lucas.**

Ciannwn: Sorry to bother you but can you tell me where the nearest toilet is?

Draco-Stellaris
May 10th, 2009, 11:02 AM
*DS overhears Ciannwn's question and thinks: I know that problem. It's not only difficult finding the toilets, the next problem is to discern which is the ladies' room and which the gents' room because the pictograms look very much alike - long hair and billowing clothes.*

Draygon
May 10th, 2009, 11:03 AM
*DS and Tommy wander over to Draygon and Michael*

DS *concerned*: Did you hear anything about AFA and Spike?
Dray: :S They still not here yet?

Michael: I said something was going to go wrong!

Draco-Stellaris
May 10th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Dray: :S They still not here yet?

Michael: I said something was going to go wrong!

DS: That scares me. :S Spike is a skilled pilot and they are both reliable. I hope nothing bad has happened to them. :(

Tommy: They will turn up enventually, we didn't get any telepathic distress call after all.

TechnoWraith
May 10th, 2009, 01:22 PM
**Lucas sees Ciannwn coming over.**

Ciannwn: Sorry to bother you but can you tell me where the nearest toilet is?

**Lucas points to the spa entrance.**

Lucas: Your restroom is located on the right i believe. Wraithguyver and Gordon had done research on human anatomy, and integrated what you call toilets into a couple of locations on the hive. I believe you are looking for the room with the "girl" symbol on it.

**Devon, in the meantime, had counted his guests and realized that by this time, two haven't shown up yet: AFA and Spike. He is concerned for his guests. But he can not delay the event any longer. He looked around. He saw Boris, and all the others mingling together. Devon made his way to Boris.**

Devon: Boris, we are missing two guests. AFA and Spike are unaccounted for. Dartway Control has not reported any ships approaching that have requested docking permission yet. I fear something has happened to them. I can not wait much longer, as the kitchen has completed the final preparations and is ready to serve our dinner. Perhaps a search party may be needed to guide them to the hive?

ciannwn
May 10th, 2009, 01:30 PM
**Ciannwn thanks Lucas for his help and goes off in the direction he indicated. Boris, meanwhile, nods in agreement with Devon's suggestion of a search party.**

Boris: I can send transmissions to Archimedes on my hive ship and Connolly at the hill fort. They could organise search parties and follow the route that Spike and Afa would have needed to take. Is it possible that I could have access to the communications system?

Draygon
May 10th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Michael: I'm not going to say it....

Dray: :mckay: Just say it.

Michael: Okay: I told you so. I said something was going to go wrong.

Dray: :rolleyes: You just had to say it, didn't you :P

Michael: :confused:

ciannwn
May 10th, 2009, 01:42 PM
**Ciannwn is pleased to discover that Wraithguyver and Gordon have conducted very successful research into toilets and the restroom is suited to human girls. She decides not to check her make up and hair while she's there because she doesn't want everyone waiting for her. She returns to the Meditation Center and joins Boris and Jean-Luc.**

TechnoWraith
May 10th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Devon: Boris, follow me for a minute.

**Devon leads Boris to niche in the wall, by the entrance to the meditation center. He presses a button and a screen and a keypad emerge from the wall. **

Devon: You send out on this frequency. Incoming messages will transmit on this frequency. ** Points to another section of the screen.** To send the communication, press the green crystal. To close or end your session, press the red crystal. If you accidentally close the session early, press the green and blue crystals at the same time and the system will automatically reconnect to the last transmission source you transmitted to or from."

**Devon stepped off to allow Boris use of the communications system. He had noticed that Queen Amadala and her entourage had left the meditation center. He assumed they were on the way to Deveareax. Devon hoped they would be on the way too. He was starting to get hungry himself. Devon stepped toward the center of the group.**

Devon: Two of our guests have not arrived yet, and haven't been accounted for by Dartway Control. We are arranging for a search party in case they ran into some trouble en route to the hive. We will be making our way to Deveareax very shortly, as soon as Boris completes his communications.

ciannwn
May 10th, 2009, 01:58 PM
**Boris follows Devon's instructions and is successful in contacting Archimedes and Connolly. He then returns to the others.**

Boris: Archimedes contacted the Pirate Camp while I was speaking to Connolly. Gowen said that Solma will help to search the planet.

Draygon
May 10th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Molly: Did he? Solma should be able to search the planet very quickly then.

Michael: Molly, you've still got leaves in your hair :rolleyes:

Molly: :S Really? *blushes and tries to pull out the twigs and leaves tangled in her hair*

TechnoWraith
May 10th, 2009, 02:43 PM
**Seeing Boris return, Devon clears his throat loudly. All the others become silent, looking toward Devon.**

"We are now ready to proceed to Deveareax. What I have prepared for you is a buffet style dinner. Your range of selections is far and wide. There is an exceptional variety of human food, and I have chosen to create dozens for our buffet. The buffets are set up by food type. Meats are together, vegetables are together, baked breads and goods, seafood both raw and thoroughly cooked, a drink buffet, a soup buffet, and a desert buffet as well. Wait staff will be making constant rounds, refilling drinks, and taking away unneeded plates or what have you. You may also choose to use Deveareax's award winning sit-down service. Or you may peruse the A-La-Carte Express line. For those who have signed up for the kitchen tour, your guided tour will begin shortly after the Opening Ceremony. If you choose the sit-down service, you can place your order during the start of your tour and watch your order get made from scratch to final presentation at your table. You may even sample the quality of your order as it progresses toward final presentation. Are there any questions?"

ciannwn
May 10th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Shawn: How should I go about choosing the sit-down service?

TechnoWraith
May 10th, 2009, 03:28 PM
**Devon turned to Shawn.**

Devon: When you are seated, your wait staff will ask you. You can choose the sit-down service at that time. A-La-Carte service is available as well, and can be used at any time.

Draco-Stellaris
May 11th, 2009, 01:19 AM
*DS turn around to watch Devon make his announcement. She is eager to see the buffet*

DS *whispering to Tommy*: Did you hear that? A vegetable buffet! And seafood. Yummy.

Tommy *whispering back*: I‘m more interested in the dessert buffet to be honest. :o :D

TechnoWraith
May 12th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Devon spoke up again.

Devon: For those of you who do choose Deveareax's premiere sit down service, you will be given a menu containing the items available on the buffet. Or you may custom order an item from scratch. Your waitstaff will let you know if Deveareax can meet your request. We will try our best to do so, however, we can not make a 100% guarantee either. If anyone has signed up for the kitchen tour, please inquire of your waitstaff. They will give you the option of ordering when you sit down, or requesting your order during the tour. At this time, the kitchen informs us that they are ready for dinner service. Before dinner, there is a ceremony that Queen Amadala has prepared for the grand opening. It is brief, so as not to delay dinner any longer then it has been. If you will follow me."

Devon turned and invited the group toward the door. He was finally happy to get the guests on their way to dinner, but was still concerned that two of the guests have not arrived yet. Devon went to Boris.

Devon: Have you heard any word yet?

ciannwn
May 12th, 2009, 11:21 AM
** Shawn decides to order his meal while on the kitchen tour.

Hive 95 receives a transmission from Archimedes who is on Boris's Hive where he's been coordinating the search parties**

Archimedes: This is for the attention of Boris, one of the guests attending the Grand Opening of Deveareaux.

Spike's Dart has just appeared. It seems it was caught in some kind of space-time anomaly which sent it an hour into the future. The experience left Afa feeling a bit queasy so she doesn't feel up to attending the event. Spike is taking her back to the Pirate Camp and will be staying with her. He apologises for any inconvenience.

Draygon
May 12th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Dray: Think I'll go for the buffet. You too, Michael?

Molly *whispers* What's a buffet?

Michael: You can't be serious!

Molly: :o Sorry...

Draco-Stellaris
May 12th, 2009, 11:36 AM
DS *claps her hands excitedly*: Buffet! Buffet! *loud stomach noise* I haven't eaten all day, sorry. :o

ciannwn
May 12th, 2009, 12:26 PM
**Boris, Jean-Luc and Ciannwn start making their way towards the door.**

Ciannwn: I'm not feeling very hungry at the moment. I hope Spike and Afa are all right.

Boris: We have to make an effort to stop worrying about them now. There's nothing more we can do other than wait for news. Being miserable won't help them and it will only spoil the atmosphere for others.

Jean-Luc: Boris is right.

Ciannwn (in a resigned tone): I know. I'll do my best to stop fretting.

TechnoWraith
May 12th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Devon was at the door when the communications screen beamed in a message. He wasn't sure if Boris had seen it. Devon glanced over at the screen. He went to it quickly and read the message that came through.

Archimedes: This is for the attention of Boris, one of the guests attending the Grand Opening of Deveareaux.

Spike's Dart has just appeared. It seems it was caught in some kind of space-time anomaly which sent it an hour into the future. The experience left Afa feeling a bit queasy so she doesn't feel up to attending the event. Spike is taking her back to the Pirate Camp and will be staying with her. He apologises for any inconvenience.

Devon went to Boris.

Devon: This message came for you through the comm system.

Relays message to Boris.

Devon: It appears they will not be attending. I am sorry to hear. They will be welcome to visit Deveareax at any time in the future.

ciannwn
May 13th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Boris: They are safe. That's the important thing.

**Boris tells the others that Spike and Afa have been found. Ciannwn is very relieved and finds that she's now feeling very hungry. **

TechnoWraith
May 13th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Now thoroughly relieved that all his guests were accounted for (even if two weren't showing up), Devon prepared himself for the ceremony ahead. The group had filtered out into the hall.

Devon: If you will follow me, we will be arriving at Deveareax in just a few minutes.

Devon took point and led the the group through the halls of Hive 95. Patrols of Warriors stood aside for the group as it passed, remaining at attention. When they passed, the Warriors resumed their patrols. Smells of food began to waft through the hallways. Devon hadn't realized how hungry he was until he smelled the scents. He could only imagine his guests were just as hungry. The scents climaxed as they approached an open space ahead. Queen Amadala and her entourage stood at attention in front of the doors to Deveareax. Devon led the group to the atrium outside the entrance of Deveareax. He waited for everyone to gather around. He only hoped that Queen Amadala would be brief, as he was hungry, as were the guests more than likely.

Mariellelita
May 14th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Mar: I can't wait Kenny, it all smells so good!

Kenny: I hope they have lobster, I have been craving it recently. :p

Mar: Lol, for your sake, I hope so too.

Draygon
May 14th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Molly: :) I'm really getting pekish. It smells very good.

Dray: :P So long as there's meat, I don't mind.

Michael: :rolleyes: *sigh* Do remember to have some sort of vegtables as well.

Dray: :P Okay Michael...

Draco-Stellaris
May 14th, 2009, 07:06 AM
*loud stomach noise again*

DS: Sorry. I can't wait to dig my teeth into one of the things that scent so overwhelmingly wonderful in here.

Tommy *with one suspiciously raised eyebrow*: I really hope you're not referring to my new aftershave.

TechnoWraith
May 14th, 2009, 11:40 AM
The group gathered in front of Queen amadala and her entourage. The warriors stood at attention. At that moment, from the hall entered a new entourage, dressed in regal medieval garb, fit for a king's banquet celebration. Devon raised an eyebrow, not sure what was happening. The new entourage stopped before the Queen. They took out trumpets and blew a welcoming tune. If you could call it a welcoming tune. Devon winced slightly at the off notes. The entourage then bowed before the Queen after they put their trumpets away. The Queen spoke up.

Queen Amadala: It is my sovereign privilege as Queen of this hive to welcome you all as guests. I am privileged to serve you as your host for tonight.

The Queen gave everyone a look over. Then turned to the waiting entourage, still bowed down.

Queen Amadala: You may rise.

The entourage stood up, then fell into two lines on either side of the entrance to Deveareaux.

Queen Amadala: It is on this day of the human calendar, recorded as May 5th of the year of 2009, that I present you the first class dining experience, Deveareaux. Will the Master of the Establishment please step forward.

No one moved, not even Devon. He was a bit confused, and wasn't expecting this at all. After a time, Lucas nudged Devon.

Lucas: Go... She waiting.

Not giving Devon time to react, Lucas shoved him forward toward the Queen. Devon shot Lucas a momentary glare, but then proceeded to the Queen.

Queen Amadala: The Master of the establishment has come forward.

The Queen looked Devon over.

Queen Amadala: It is my honor to present you Devon, the one who's vision has brought us Deveareaux. Does Devon wish to say a few words?

Devon hadn't prepared a speech of any sort, and was now beginning to sweat a little.

Devon: I ummmm... I'm grateful for all those who have contributed to make Deveareaux a reality. Most of all the support of the Queen for making this happen. I am sure we would all like to have dinner, so I won't say much of anything other than, Let's Eat.

With that, the Queen smiled and nodded. She called a warrior over. On a pillow was a pair of large scissors.

Queen Amadala: It is my solemn privilege to allow you to break the threshold and open Deveareaux.

The Warrior approached Devon with the scissors. He took the large scissors from the pillow. When he did, the medieval entourage took out their trumpets and played a victory tune. Devon looked at the guests. They seemed hungry, so he went to the large doors and put the scissors to the ribbon. *Snip* The large ribbon fell to the floor, and the Queen and her entourages cheered. Devon smiled, and then pushed the doors open. Holding them open, he turned to the group.

Devon: Deveareaux is now officially open. Dinner is now served.

Draygon
May 14th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Molly: :o:rolleyes: Reminds me of home...

Dray: :P Ah well... I'm starving! :D

Isolde
May 14th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Molly: :o:rolleyes: Reminds me of home...

Dray: :P Ah well... I'm starving! :D

*Isolde's belly makes a loud gurgling sound and Crockett stares at her*

Iz: :o So sorry... :o
Crockett: :D ;) 'm hungry too, darlin'.
Iz: For human food? :confused:
Crockett: *flexes his feeding hand behind her back* :D

ciannwn
May 14th, 2009, 12:32 PM
**Shawn was nearly overcome with excitement now that the moment had arrived. It was all he could do to stop himself from pushing his way to the front of the group just to he could see what lay beyond the open doors.

Ciannwn was glad that the medieval style trumpeting hadn't lasted long although she'd been fascinated to see Wraith performing such a ceremony. **

Draco-Stellaris
May 14th, 2009, 12:50 PM
DS *awed*: Wow, that was quite impressive.

Tommy: If you want to see something equally impressive look over there. *points*

*DS looks amazed at the buffet* :eek: :P :D

ciannwn
May 14th, 2009, 12:58 PM
**Ellia used a calming technique so she wouldn't feel overwhelmed by the grandness she could see before her. Growing up in a cave and then living in a Hippie Commune hadn't exactly prepared her for anything like this..**

Mariellelita
May 14th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Mar: *eyes go wide* It looks so nice in here! And the buffet looks nice.

TechnoWraith
May 14th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Devon beamed as the group entered Deveareaux. First the guests, then the Queen and her entourage. The younger wraiths, Lucas, Deblane, and Morokko all ran over to the buffet, eyeing up the large assortment of items. Devon shot them a telepathic message to wait for the guests and not be so rude. They returned to the seating area. Zidane entered just as the last of the guests had entered.

Zidane: Devon! So sorry for being late. There was a last minute project at the studio.
Devon: Don't be worried. You're just in time!

Zidane sighed with relief. The regally adorned waitstaff began to assist guests to their seats. Devon noticed Queen Amadala and her entourage taking seats among the guests, rather than using her private dining area. Deveareaux featured premium quality dining and an environment to match. Devon had noticed that the DJ booth had been taken out and instead, a quartet of musicians had taken it's place. The lighting was adjusted, from it's normal harsh powerful brightness down to a soothing glow. The table center pieces each featured candles, and little models of various wraith ships, from Hiveships to Darts. The lace table cloths had been specially ordered for the grand opening, but the standard white table cloths around the buffet tables were the actual tablecloths that would be used in the dining rooms. The tables and chairs were hand-carved exotic wood, with each individual piece having it's own unique character. Devon had set up the dining rooms to be a place to relax while eating. And the architecture and the feel of the dining rooms conveyed such. The guests were being assisted to their seats by the waitstaff. After everyone was seated, Devon spoke up.

Devon: For those of you who signed up for the kitchen tour, that tour will begin very shortly. If you choose to place an order on your tour, inform your waitstaff. For those of you who have not signed up for the tour, you may choose to peruse the buffet, the A-La-Carte express line or enjoy Deveareaux's premiere sit-down service. Your waitstaff will be serving placing drink orders momentarily, and at that time, you may choose how you would like to experience Deveareaux. Please note that even if you choose the sit-down service, you may still go to the buffet or the A-La-Carte line. For those that signed up for the tour, please be aware that your tour will be starting within about 5-10 minutes. We will allow the waitstaff to get you situated before the tour begins. I will make a final check of the kitchen now, and when I return, we will begin the tour.

With that, Devon turned and went to the kitchen. He went through the doors, entering the cacophony within. He saw buffet entrees being made, prep for desserts was being done, all manner of kitchen activity. Devon double checked food being made, offering corrections and guidance where needed. He walked about the stations, checked the equipment and made final adjustments here and there. He mentally went over the tour route as well during his rounds. After several minutes, he completed his walk around. He exited the kitchen, and saw that the waitstaff had taken care of all the guests. Devon went to the center of where all the guests had been seated.

Devon: At this time, the kitchen tour is ready to begin. For those of you who signed up, we are ready to leave at your leisure.

Draco-Stellaris
May 15th, 2009, 02:44 AM
*DS marvels at the decoration as she and Tommy wander over to the buffet*

DS *in a hushed tone*: This is very tasteful. I feel a bit out of place here, it's so formal and I'm not exactly a formal person. I so do hope I won't embarrass myself by spilling food over my clothes or all over the table. :S

Tommy: Don't worry, you'll be fine. But it could help if you only picked food which complements the colour of your dress.

DS: :mckay:

Isolde
May 15th, 2009, 04:18 AM
*Izzy smoothes her dress down, a sparkly sequined little number in cinnamon, and holds Crockett's arm; he looks very smart, and handsome*

Iz: *whispers* All this food, honey. What do you want to try first?:confused:
Crockett: I don't care, but I'm making sure we get a big slice of that coffee gateaux each, for after. :D *starts making a mental list of nice things to eat*
Iz: It'll go straight to my hips...:(
Crockett::confused: Eh? Oh... :D *checks Izzy's hips* Will it? :cool:
Iz: Behave. :o
Crockett: I am. :D :D If we have the seated service, we can take our time choosing.
Iz: K, good idea. :)

*Crockett guides Iz to a table and he pulls a chair out like a perfect gentleman*

Iz; Thank you. :)
Crockett: *as he sits by Iz* My pleasure. :)

ciannwn
May 15th, 2009, 09:30 AM
**Shawn, having informed his waitstaff that he wished to order during the kitchen tour, joins the other guests who have signed up for it. Boris, Ciannwn, Jean-Luc, Erik, Ellia and Zaddik have a quick consultation and decide that they'll all go to the buffet.**

Ciannwn (quietly): This is a bit overwhelming.

Boris: It's definitely more formal than the Hill Fort.

Jean-Luc: And the Pirate Camp Tavern.

Erik: We have to place our drinks orders before getting our food.

Ciannwn: I think the Hill Fort is more straightforward. You just have to stand still for a couple of minutes and one of the Scottish Wraith will hand you a drink.

Draco-Stellaris
May 18th, 2009, 02:41 AM
*DS takes her ordered drink from the staff*

Tommy: What's that?

DS *offers her glass*: It's an earth recipe called caipirinha. Try?

*Tommy takes the glass and sniffs at it*

Tommy: It smells good and it has a nice greenish colour.

DS: You know I have a special taste for everything greenish. ;)

*Tommy takes a sip*

Tommy: There's alcohol in it.

DS: I had hoped it would. Don't worry, I'll just drink the one glass. I don't want to embarrass myself by getting drunk and do something silly.

Tommy: Ah! That's why Rhys has stayed on Boris's hive!

Isolde
May 18th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Iz: *Scanning the room* It's really posh, isn't it? *leans into Crockett slightly* I think I'd quite like a glass of champagne. :D
Crockett: I think the waiters are on their way over, sweetheart. :)

Draygon
May 18th, 2009, 10:00 AM
*Molly looks longingly at the buffet as she, Michael and Dray take their seats*

Dray: :P Bet this reminds you of home, eh?

Molly: :o Yes, but we never had buffets...

Michael: :rolleyes: Choice your drink first, and then I'm sure you can peruse it at your lesuire.

Molly: :D I think I'll just have watered wine.

Mariellelita
May 18th, 2009, 10:49 AM
*Mar notices the Queen sitting with the guests*

Mar: *whispers to Kenny* Does that mean there is still special seating for those in the Commandership party?

Kenny: *busy telling a server that he and Mar will have the sit-down service* What? Oh, yeah, sure, I guess.

*Kenny and Mar find seats near the Queen and other officers*

Mar: :o I have no idea what to order for drinks... *looks at menu*

Kenny: :cool: Just take your time.

Draco-Stellaris
December 28th, 2009, 02:33 AM
*Tommy gives DS flight lessons with a Wraith cruiser and they fly over to Andelia for training*

Just to keep this thread from being archived.

ciannwn
December 28th, 2009, 03:15 AM
*Shawn and Gloria visit the Olesan Magistrate*

ciannwn
January 28th, 2010, 06:52 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*


Jasper, grumbling to himself over the network about a lack of coffee, arrived first on the dig site as per usual, parking within walking distance before exchanging his leathers for the digging equipment.

Start of day five


*The Jumper lands and Dave and his team get out and go over to the excavation.*


Jasper:
*waves to Dave and the team, his head sticking out above the ladder*
"Morning!"


*The graffiti is on four curing bricks with mortar on top so the find has been moved to the surface after photographs and scan results were sent to Archimedes. Archimedes makes a communication.*

Archimedes: The latest find was buried around nine hundred years ago. Erik has managed to translate the graffiti. It reads Star-Ranker was here.

Neo: Star-Ranker? It sounds like a character from an Earth video game.


Jasper: Or it could be like a job? You know, like some sort of astronomer. But that'd depend on if people use descriptive names, like Blackheart or Sitting Bull, or names like those humans use, like Jasper or Phineas.


Dave: I suppose an astronomer could assign stars to different categories such as red dwarf or red giant.

Jean-Luc: And scientists can sometimes get drunk and do silly things which could explain the graffiti.

IV
January 28th, 2010, 07:28 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper:
*continues cleaning it off* It might mean we're nearing the chamber, given how frequently we've started to find things.
*chuckles* Ok, i've asked what's the most interesting thing you've found, but what would you say is the funniest thing you've discovered aside from the disney song thing?

ciannwn
January 28th, 2010, 07:34 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Dave: The funniest thing has to be the stone tablet which was fixed to a wall. The inscription is Please spit in the buckets provided, not on the floor. This suggests that the room was a communal one and some of the people who used it had unpleasant habits.

IV
January 28th, 2010, 07:43 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Dave: The funniest thing has to be the stone tablet which was fixed to a wall. The inscription is Please spit in the buckets provided, not on the floor. This suggests that the room was a communal one and some of the people who used it had unpleasant habits.

*Draygon Castle Dig*
Jasper chuckled quietly as a wry smile appeared on his features.
"I can imagine several habits that require spitting, not all of them unpleasant." With an innocent sort of whistle, he resumed cleaning off the dirt before awkwardly positioning his legs to either side of it as he carried on digging.
"Star-ranker... You know, that's going to occupy me thinking now until we find out more.."

ciannwn
January 28th, 2010, 07:47 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig^

Dave: They still didn't have to spit on the floor, though.

Gordon: The name's going to get me wondering too.

Darrell: It will make a change from you wondering where the rest of the pot is.

IV
January 28th, 2010, 08:03 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig^

Dave: They still didn't have to spit on the floor, though.

Gordon: The name's going to get me wondering too.

Darrell: It will make a change from you wondering where the rest of the pot is.

*Draygon Castle Dig*
Jasper: ...Good point. Perhaps we'll find out some more clues once we've found midden, we might find some useful stuff amongst the useful trash they chucked out.

ciannwn
January 28th, 2010, 08:16 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Dave: According to Archimedes' survey we should soon be finding a heap of stone blocks or bricks where the tunnel collapsed. We can clear the pile from the right hand side *he indicates the direction he's talking about* but we'll have the leave things on the left until Jimmy gets here with props to shore up the passage into the chamber once we've cleared the entrance.

We can just say that this part of the operation goes well so they can enter the chamber.

IV
January 28th, 2010, 08:28 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: Alright, I'll keep an eye out.
*eventually comes across the pile, scraping away before they come to a stop*
Looks like this is it.. right-side only, yeah?
*starts taking bricks from the top to prevent it collapsing down onto them*

ciannwn
January 28th, 2010, 08:50 AM
*The team starts removing bricks from the pile and taking them to the surface. As they're Wraith with super-human stamina and strength they finish that part of the operation by mid afternoon. Dave then contacts Jimmy. His dart soon arrives and he beams down all the equipment they'll need before landing and getting out. He's wearing jeans, a t-shirt and jacket like everyone else.*

IV
January 28th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Jasper blinked. He'd never get used to wraith wearing human clothing, ever. But he nodded in greeting all the same, eyeing the equipment before, after taking a gulp from his flask retrieved from a pocket, standing ready to help.

ciannwn
January 28th, 2010, 09:24 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

*The team gets to work again. They clear the bricks from the entrance to the stretch of tunnel leading to the chamber and Jimmy makes sure the tunnel is propped up safely. It is now starting to get dark.*

Dave: I think it's time we went. We'll need lamps for the chamber tomorrow so we can see what's in there properly.

End of day five. They can explore the chamber as soon as they get back in the morning.

IV
January 28th, 2010, 11:11 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper was first there, as always now. Little sleep and lots of coffee helped in that respect. Down the ladder he slid, landing with a thump on the ground before pulling a torch from his pocket and sending it quickly around and entering. No harm in just taking a look, right? He wasn't about to start touching anything.

Start of day six

ciannwn
January 28th, 2010, 11:21 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

*Jasper sees what could be tombs in the chamber. There are also what could be stone plaques attached to the walls.

The Jumper lands and Dave and his team come out carrying battery operated lamps. Jimmy is with them. Jimmy goes to the entrance of the chamber and, after switching on the lamp he's carrying, he checks the brickwork.*

Jimmy to Jasper: The roof doesn't look too safe above where you're standing. You'd better come out until I've shored everything up.

IV
January 28th, 2010, 11:26 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper, grinning broadly at the thought of telling the others, then nods at Jimmy before making his way carefully towards him.
"There's plaques and what looks like headstones in the walls. Is that normal for a midden, or something different?"

ciannwn
January 28th, 2010, 11:35 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jimmy: Errr.. this isn't the midden. Archimedes' survey found an area with a high level of calcium deposits which are likely to be bones. It's located outside where the main defensive wall used to be so he thinks the midden could be located there.

*Jimmy starts shoring the roof of the chamber up so it doesn't collapse on them.*

IV
January 28th, 2010, 11:59 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: Hm, I must have got some of the reports mixed up then, I'm sure someone said something about a midden. Oh well. Need some help?

ciannwn
January 28th, 2010, 12:18 PM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jimmy: Dave said he start an excavation of the midden afterwards.

*Jimmy tells Jasper what to do and they get to work making sure the chamber is safe. As they go deeper into it they see what definitely look like six stone tombs .*

IV
January 28th, 2010, 12:44 PM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: Aah.
*follows Jimmy in, running a hand lightly over one of them*
Who do you think they are, at a guess?

ciannwn
January 28th, 2010, 12:56 PM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jimmy: It's likely the tombs are for members of the family who owned the castle. Perhaps some of the plaques are for important members of their community. *He sighs* The tombs aren't very interesting to look at when there are no sculptures of the dear departed on them.

*Jimmy tells the others the chamber is safe to enter and Dave and his team come in.*

Dave: We need to record the inscriptions first.

IV
January 30th, 2010, 03:06 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper:
*looks to Dave* How about taking rubbings of the tomb headstones as well? That way we might pick up details that the camera and lighting could miss.

ciannwn
January 30th, 2010, 04:26 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Dave: That's a good idea, Jasper.

The tombs are similar to these. There will be writing on them and maybe a carving of a face or figure.

http://www.photosofchurches.com/images/Wales/Anglesey,%20Trefdraeth,%20St%20Beuno%27s%20Church%20-%20Slate%20Table%20top%20tombs.jpg

IV
January 30th, 2010, 04:31 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Dave: That's a good idea, Jasper.


*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: Thanks :) *fetches the camera anyway, then takes photos of them from a few angles*

ciannwn
January 30th, 2010, 05:54 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

*Dave and his team look at the plaques on the walls.*

Dave: The inscriptions look like they're in the same archaic version of Ancient as the one about buckets on the stone tablet. Erik can translate them for us when he has the information.

Jimmy: I can get the walls and ceilings reinforced properly so we won't have to look at emergency props. It will be really nice in here then.

Liam: Can't say it's my idea of a beauty spot.

Nathan: Same here.

IV
January 30th, 2010, 06:03 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper:
*grins at Liam and Nathan*
Can't you feel the serenity of this place, the sheer liminal atmosphere of being so close to those who've passed? Very peaceful. *winks in agreement to Jimmy*

ciannwn
January 30th, 2010, 07:49 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Liam: I was often close to those who had passed when I was feeding on humans.

IV
January 30th, 2010, 09:19 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: I guess that is where we differ then. I find places where the deceased lie as places where memories can be found. It's only up to us if they're pleasant or not. I'd care more if a human died than a wraith, because that is merely how my life made me; I was trained to hold the lives of my own kind, aside from my former Queen, in very little value. I guess that's the small benefit of being an assassin - I didn't make bonds.

ciannwn
January 30th, 2010, 09:52 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Liam: I think I understand. I find these tombs interesting from an historical point of view but I don't find the place really nice in the way that you and Jimmy do.

IV
January 30th, 2010, 09:57 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: *starts doing a brass rubbing carefully off the first one once the photographs are taken* Nice is probably not the right word exactly...How long have you been with this Hive for, to change subject?

ciannwn
January 30th, 2010, 10:09 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Liam: I was with the hive before. Then I decided to transfer and came back when I heard about this new cultural revolution.

IV
January 30th, 2010, 11:11 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: *nods, checking between the plaque and paper every now and then to ensure he's not missing anything* Mm, I suppose you could say I was originally a prisoner, when I first encountered the dragon expedition. While I admit that the idea of feeding humans isn't quite eradicated from my mind, the idea of clones and other such solutions is slowly starting to make more sense.

ciannwn
January 30th, 2010, 11:23 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Liam: I like Archimedes' feeding device now I've got used to it. Ciannwn and Iminda can feed everyone on the hive between them and we can also feed each other.

Jean-Luc: The nymphs and dryads can't feed us because they aren't human. If they channel the universal energy it has an effect like happy weed.

Gordon: That's a lot of fun, though.

IV
January 30th, 2010, 05:17 PM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper:
"Happy Weed.. Yes, I remember someone telling me about that. I've yet to try it."
*finishes one rubbing, writing down the date and location on the corner before picking up another bit of paper*
"Anyone care to help?"

ciannwn
February 7th, 2010, 04:02 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

*Gordon and Darrell start taking tomb and plaque rubbings as well.*

IV
February 7th, 2010, 07:32 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: Have human remains been discovered before on this planet?
*does another two, then leaves the rest for Gordon and Darrell*
*pauses and waits til the question's answered*
"How would, or how do, you go about recording the finds of skeletons? Is it different to how you record normal finds or...?"

ciannwn
February 7th, 2010, 07:42 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Dave: This is the first time we've found human remains, all supposing there's anybody in the tombs. There's a possibility that they're just more elaborate memorials to people who were culled. As for opening the tombs, that's up to the villagers. Any bodies will be their ancestors so they mightn't want them being disturbed. Crockett will be asking them for their opinions.

We need to come up with some names and inscriptions for a few tombs and plaques.

IV
February 7th, 2010, 10:16 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: Good point. What are the burial ceremonies like here normally? Maybe those they do now have been passed down.

Maybe we could ask people in the OOC thread to suggest some?

ciannwn
February 7th, 2010, 10:31 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Dave: Crockett said that the villagers don't do anything special for burials. So many of them were culled in the past that they ended up focussing their remembrance of the dead on the Ancestors Night celebrations. Any ancestor can come and visit then no matter where and how they died.

Perhaps we could ask DS to help out for names etc.

IV
February 8th, 2010, 02:05 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: That makes more sense, now that I think about it.
*to Neo*: Thanks for showing me skateboarding by the way :D It was great!

ciannwn
February 8th, 2010, 12:45 PM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Neo: I'm glad you enjoyed it. Fred and I will have to show you the microlites.

IV
February 8th, 2010, 03:31 PM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper:
*arches an eyebrow up* "Micro-wha?"
*finishes rubbing the last few, checking between them before taking a photograph of each and leaning back a little to admire the chamber*
"Do we get a sample of the material off the front of one like we did with the finds, or is that possibly against the descendant's wishes?"

ciannwn
February 8th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Draygon Castle Dig*

Neo: They're powered hang gliders.

Gawain: The readings I take don't require samples of anything.

IV
February 9th, 2010, 06:11 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper tilted his head a little at Neo when he got the answer before hmming thoughtfully as he tried to picture what he described.
"...Interesting" Then he peered at the plaques before counting out the amount of rubbings they'd got.
"Hm, I think that's all of them rubbed and photographed. What's next on the agenda?"

Phineas arrives, parking his dart neatly next to Jasper's still spray-painted one before clambering down, carefully poking his head through the entrance but deciding that staying outside would probably be safer, clutz that he is.
"Hi guys. Thought I'd pop in and see if you need a hand with anything."

ciannwn
February 9th, 2010, 10:35 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Dave: The next thing to do is transmit the inscriptions to the hive for Erik to translate. I've just had a telepathic message from Crockett. The village headman has arranged for a public meeting in the inn to discuss whether or not the tombs should be opened. *To Phineas* Hello and come in. We've just about finished for the moment but you can look round.

ciannwn
February 9th, 2010, 10:48 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

*Gawain, who was using the camera while Jasper did rubbings, transmits the photos to the hive.*

IV
February 10th, 2010, 10:58 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Phineas peered around the inside of the chamber from where he stood in the entrance, taking in the details with a low, clearly impressed whistle. He might not understand why they enjoyed digging up what looked like junk to him, but he would admit that it was very impressive junk!

Jasper nodded to him in greeting, then turned to Neo.
"I've an idea what we can do sometime - me and Phineas versus you and someone else at paintball?"

Phineas rolled his eyes.
"Aren't you supposed to be doing a dig?"

Jasper huffed softly, briefly baring his teeth at the younger Hunter despite the fact the threat was very much empty.
"We're recording and such."
*to Dave* "Can Phineas help in some way?"

ciannwn
February 10th, 2010, 11:42 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Neo: You and Phineas against me and Fred. :D We haven't got the equipment yet but Archimedes will be able to make it for us.

Dave: We've just about finished here unless the villagers give us permission to open the tombs. We've got the photographs, rubbings and Gawain's readings now.

*Telepathic message to everyone from Crockett*

Crockett: The villagers have given you permission to examine the remains of their ancestors. As far as they're concerned, the bodies are no longer needed by their former owners.

Dave (to everyone) : In that case we'd better see if those lids will come off.

Gawain: According to the readings I took, the lids should slide although we'll have to be careful because they'll be heavy.

ciannwn
February 10th, 2010, 12:28 PM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

*Telepathic message to everyone from Ciannwn*

Ciannwn: Erik entered all the inscriptions into the translator program and then did a search for the name, Ordo. He found this - Ordo The Second. Deceased due to a surfeit of mushrooms. He believed he was piloting a Wraith dart and leaped through a tower window to his death.

Jean-Luc: That could be the origin of the Aaarrrrgghh Splat ghost story. Perhaps the truth was distorted because an evil tyrant being pushed out of a window by his wife sounds more exciting.

Ciannwn: It could be the origin of the spaced out pig story, too, seeing as he'd had a surfeit of mushrooms.

Draco-Stellaris
February 11th, 2010, 03:37 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

*Rhys enters the chamber*

Rhys: Hi guys. You've been pretty busy while I was away. *examines the chamber with interest* Looks like a subterranean graveyard, did you find anything interesting yet?

IV
February 11th, 2010, 05:04 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper looked over his shoulder as Rhys entered, then Phineas gave a jaunty wave and exited to prevent any over-crowding - he had things to do, target practise to have and the like. At the telepathic message, he let out a sort of intrigued 'oooh' sound before moving next to Gawain to help. Slowly but surely, they'd work together to ease off the lid - a small cloud of dust came off it, and he chuffed a little to quell the desire to cough.
"Well, one of these-," he pointed to the headstones "-belongs to Ordo."

Draco-Stellaris
February 11th, 2010, 05:10 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

*Rhys waves bye to Phineas*

Rhys: Ordo? Nice name. Shall I give you a hand removing the lid?

IV
February 11th, 2010, 08:23 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: *nods*
"Sure, that'd make it easier."
*moves aside to allow Rhys to get to it, and then looks to Gawain*
"Any clue as to what direction we slide?"

ciannwn
February 12th, 2010, 03:31 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Gawain: According to the readings, any direction will do because the lids are resting on top of the tombs.

Dave: I've just had a telepathic communication from Erik. He wants us to take samples of any bodies we find. He's contacted Michael who said he'll look for DNA. If the villagers are willing he'll try to find out if any of them are directly descended from the castle inhabitants.

IV
February 12th, 2010, 11:16 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Rhys and Jasper worked together to ease it off carefully, slowly tilting it sideways before pulling it out without damaging what was beneath. A small cloud of dust lifts off as a result of the stone and gas from the long-dead body being released, causing Jasper to restrain a cough before nodding at Dave's explaination.
"This one has someone in."

ciannwn
February 12th, 2010, 11:27 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

*Gawain records the inscription on the tomb before scanning the body then explains what he's done.*

Gawain: I thought it would be the best way of recording which tombs the bodies came from.

Dave: Good idea.

Gawain: What's the best way to take samples?

Dave: I don't know. *Contacts Erik telepathically* Erik says he'll come down and do it.

Draco-Stellaris
February 12th, 2010, 11:45 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

*Rhys peers into the tomb*

Rhys: Looks like a recent dinner besides the dust. The dry air in here has preserved the body quite well.

ciannwn
February 12th, 2010, 12:12 PM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

*Everyone in the mausoleum can just about hear the sound of a dart. A few minutes later Erik enters with a bag full of equipment for taking samples. He looks at the inscription on the tomb lid.*

Erik: Dumas, son of Ordo The First. Deceased due to a fever caught from gathering mushrooms in the rain. I wonder why they didn't say what age people were when they died.

*He takes some samples.*

IV
February 12th, 2010, 04:14 PM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: Maybe age wasn't seen as something important, or something that didn't think needed to be remembered alongside them.
*watches Erik*

Draco-Stellaris
February 14th, 2010, 02:29 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Rhys: Still it's odd they didn't say how old they were. For most cultures it's something worth remembering if someone died of a natural cause instead of ending as Wraith lunch. *scratches his head* Or do you think those people were protected by some sort of Ancient technology and didn't fear the Wraith? Or maybe it's like Jasper said, they just didn't think it was important. Or they had no calendar.

ciannwn
February 14th, 2010, 05:06 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Erik: Many of the plaque inscriptions record people who were culled. It's also curious that the castle's inhabitants had tombs and memorials when today's villagers don't have any special funeral customs.

Jean-Luc: Perhaps the castle's inhabitants thought of themselves as being very important and worth remembering.

Dave: That's possible. Going by what I've learned from Earth archaeology, the upper and ruling classes had elaborate tombs while peasants were buried as cheaply as possible.

Erik: I've finished taking samples now so the lid should be put back on as soon as possible. We don't want the body being exposed to the open air in case it degenerates. Beckett's going to be taking samples from the villagers because they know him.

IV
February 14th, 2010, 07:29 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper nods, carefully moving it back on with Rhy's help.
"Or it could just be an evolution of how they treat their dead. Maybe it was important then, but not so much now. Like, their attitude to it changed."

ciannwn
February 14th, 2010, 07:36 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Dave: We'll probably never know. You could be right, though, because human cultures can change a great deal over a thousand years.

IV
February 14th, 2010, 11:07 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: Shall we move onto the next one and repeat the process, or shall we wait until we've found out results concerning the first?

ciannwn
February 14th, 2010, 11:32 AM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Erik: We should move on and take samples from all the bodies we can find.

IV
February 14th, 2010, 02:48 PM
*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: Alright.
*works with Rhys to repeat the procedure again, after tieing a bit of material round his nose to stop the body dust and such from getting up his nose*

ciannwn
February 15th, 2010, 06:46 AM
*There are six tombs with bodies in. Two of them are women. After Erik has taken the samples the lids are replaced. It's been a very long day so everyone takes a break for the night.*

We now start day seven. Can't think of anything else to do in the mausoleum, though. Perhaps we could take a break from archaeology now and go on a zoo hunt or something.

IV
February 15th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Sounds good to me. Maybe for soemthing like a Roc'd be cool

ciannwn
February 15th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Sounds good to me. Maybe for soemthing like a Roc'd be cool

We should wait and see what Tommy says.:p I'm not sure how a Roc would fit in the hive's zoo, though.

Draco-Stellaris
May 2nd, 2010, 11:57 AM
*A huge, dark bulk of an alien hiveship darkens the starscape just outside the edge of Copelandia's solar system, it remains at its position, apparently waiting for something*

Don't know where this might lead to, just a random start for a more action-y scenario.

ciannwn
May 2nd, 2010, 12:04 PM
*Boris's hive's sensors detect it and Karl reports to Boris.*

Karl: I can't sense anything telepathically.

Boris (tries to sense the hive): Neither can I.

A good time for Boris to get his battle cruiser active if nobody has this other hive communicating soon.

Draco-Stellaris
May 3rd, 2010, 10:56 AM
*Edge of solar system*

*Several indiscernible shapes approach the unknown hiveship from various directions. Just before entering the ship through the dart bay doors the space around the shapes blurs and they become recogniseable darts. The dart bay doors close and the ship still remains at its position*

How about letting them have shield technology? They could have spied on us without us noticing.
By the way, everyone's free to RP the unknown hive and add things, I've got no specific idea where this might go so every help is welcome. :D

ciannwn
May 3rd, 2010, 02:57 PM
*Edge of solar system*

*Karl reports what happened.*

Karl: It was like some kind of shielding technology. I've sent the readings to Erik and Archimedes.

I was going to have Boris wonder if Jasper's ex Queen is behind it but I can't find her name in the WWA forum game guides. I'll have to do a search in this thread if I can think of the right key words.

IV
May 3rd, 2010, 05:00 PM
*Aboard the unknown Hive*

Moana settled into her throne, her eyes narrowed almost dangerously as she surveyed her monitoring screen. She had limped away after the last time.. after her. No, she would not call it a defeat.. But she had tracked Jasper.. using what fleeting connection, gossamer-fine, there was between them. Attacking was, for now, not her intention. She was patient.. and certainly had enough humans on board to keep her going for some time. No, for now, she waited...

Draco-Stellaris
May 4th, 2010, 04:49 AM
*Rhys is on his way to see Gabriel for a Harkness clone when he walks past Karl and senses something going on. In an unusual display of helpfulness he decides to talk to Karl*

Rhys: Everything alright? I just thought you were radiating a general air of confusion.

ciannwn
May 4th, 2010, 08:21 AM
*Karl tells Rhys what has been happening. Boris makes a general hive announcement.*

Boris: I am sending the battle cruiser out under the command of Hector. Gawain, Alec, Bladwin, Neo and Ciannwn allocated to crew.

*Archimedes sends a telepathic message to Boris*

Archimedes: The hive's augmented shields and weapons checked and in readiness.

IV
May 5th, 2010, 09:25 AM
*Aboard the unknown Hive*

Moana looked over her shoulder to her Commander.. the same one that Jasper had known a century or so ago. "Prepare the dart pilots.. ensure our weapons are ready to go if need be. Pass a message to the other two Queens, ask them to ready themselves but not to move to our position yet. We are still unaware what these new ...wraith are going to do."

Draco-Stellaris
May 5th, 2010, 11:04 AM
*Boris's hive*

Rhys: *to Karl* Thanks for the information, I'm going to find DS and Tommy, they're on the island. We don't know what these foreign Wraith are up to but I'd like to be prepared just in case they're hostile.

*telepathically to Boris on his way to the dart bay* Boris, if you need my help with anything let me know. I'll stay in touch.

ciannwn
May 5th, 2010, 11:50 AM
*Boris's Hive*

Boris to Rhys: Are you taking DS and Tommy back to Earth or bringing them to the hive?

Boris to Archimedes: Have scans picked up anything unusual about this hive apart from it being cloaked?

Archimedes: Erik and I are working on modifying the scanners now - we can't tell much until we can get through the cloak.

Haven't a clue what other technology Moana could have picked up or where she got it from.

IV
May 5th, 2010, 07:59 PM
*The unknown Hive*

The engines allowed it to remain stationary, just... there. Barely moving at all, stationary. Certainly no threat, but certainly not something to just approach on a whim however.

Probably the most she's got is a thicker form of hull.. much like the uber-hive at the end of season 5, a better cloak.. same weapons, same darts and such. it's the same size, even in fact a little smaller, than your average ship however

*Boris's Hive*
Jasper, midway towards the sparring area, froze on the spot. Oh.. bugger. His golden eyes widened in surprise at the feel of the mind just fleetingly brushing over his, and up he slammed those mental walls in response. He hadn't hoped to ever feel that again, and he wasn't going to let her in without a fight. Replacing the sword as fast as possible onto the rack, he contacted Tommy...

Is there a way to shield my mind?

No explaination, but a faint.. very faint feeling of worry was transmitted over the link.

Draco-Stellaris
May 6th, 2010, 02:59 AM
*Boris's Hive*

Boris to Rhys: Are you taking DS and Tommy back to Earth or bringing them to the hive?

Rhys *climbs into a dart and starts the engine*: *to Boris* First I'll tell them what's going on and then we'll decide what's best. As long as the unknown hive doesn't show signs of aggressions we'll stay here. Do you want to inform Ellia about this situation or do you want me to go and see her once I've arrived on the island?


He hadn't hoped to ever feel that again, and he wasn't going to let her in without a fight. Replacing the sword as fast as possible onto the rack, he contacted Tommy...

Is there a way to shield my mind?

No explaination, but a faint.. very faint feeling of worry was transmitted over the link.

*Tommy rubs his forehead, looking alarmed, while he's at the beach with DS*

DS: What's up?

Tommy: I just got a telepathic message from Jasper, he's too far away for a proper connection but as far as I have understood he asked how to shield his mind. That's a bit worrying.

DS: Why? Maybe he wants to play a prank on Phineas and doesn't want Phin to notice. :P

Tommy *smiling worriedly*: I don't think so, he should be perfectly able to play pranks. No, he'd only ask if there was trouble heading our way and he'd want to shield his mind from someone dangerous. Best we head back to the hive and find Jasper.

*A dart zooms past overhead, sinking lower and lower, apparently heading for the Hippie Camp*

Tommy: Right on cue, there's Captain Suck'N'Puke.

DS: *playfully slapping Tommy's arm*: Don't call him that, he'll get grumpy again. :rolleyes:

Tommy: And isn't that fun? :P

ciannwn
May 6th, 2010, 12:26 PM
*Boris's Hive*

*Boris sends a telepathic message to Rhys*

Boris: I've already informed Ellia. The Hippies and Pirates are coming up to the hive. The nymphs and dryads said they can teleport themselves away from any danger if necessary. I've also contacted Connolly. The Scottish Wraith are making their own arrangements.

IV
May 6th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Tommy: Right on cue, there's Captain Suck'N'Puke. :lol:

*Boris's Hive*

Phineas: *jogging down the corridor to Jasper* What is wrong?

Jasper: *glares* Nothing is wrong, but something is up. It could be Moana, or it could be any one of the other Queens I once temporarily.. served, if you will

Phineas: *gives him a bland stare* You mean, served, then blew up most of their Hiveships?

Jasper: You could say that...

Phineas: Come on, let's go find someone on the hierachy here. I always knew that woman was a sore loser from what you told me...

Draco-Stellaris
May 7th, 2010, 10:48 AM
*The beach*
Keeping the post in this thread, it'd be too confusing and bothersome to make just this single post in the planet thread.

Rhys *sends a telepathic message back to Boris* Understood. I'll pick up DS and Tommy and head back to the hive.

*DS and Tommy have already packed up their picnic stuff and approach the dart. They notice the Hippies preparing the evacuation of the camp*

Tommy: Uh-oh. As I feared, trouble's on the way.

DS: What's going on? :eek:

*Zaddick walks past, carrying a box with his belongings, and gives them a short summary of the situation*

Rhys: *yelling* Come over here! I won't wait here all day.

Tommy: Coming! Aye aye, Capt'n S&P. :P *is nudged by DS*

*DS and Tommy position themselves to be beamed up and Rhys takes them to Boris's hive*

ciannwn
May 10th, 2010, 08:20 AM
*The Mainland*

*Crockett is overseeing the villagers' evacuation to Atlantis.*

Draco-Stellaris
May 10th, 2010, 10:43 AM
*Boris's hive*

*DS, Tommy and Rhys arrive and decide to head to the rec room to wait until there is any news about the unknown hive*

Rhys: *to DS* If that hive is aggressive we will take you to earth.

DS: No way. :eek: I won't leave you. :mad:

Tommy: We don't know yet what they want, maybe they will just go away. Or maybe they're even interested in our alternative way of life. I wonder if it would be wise to contact them.

Rhys: And betray our position? Not a good idea.

Tommy: Oh wait, I almost forgot. Jasper wanted to ask me something. :eek: *telepathically* Jasper? Where are you? I'm now back on the hive.

IV
May 10th, 2010, 12:05 PM
*Boris's Hive*
Jasper: *to Tommy* Ah, there you are. Where are you? I am on my way, Phineas is coming too. I think it is Moana, although I cannot quite tell.

*Aboard the unknown Hive*
Moana: *smiles gleefully almost, running her claws over her chin thoughtfully* So he is aware... my assassin seems to have chosen to take shelter with them.. An interesting development, but hopefully I shall be able to sway him back onto my side as easy as he swayed onto theirs...

Draco-Stellaris
May 16th, 2010, 03:07 AM
*Boris's hive*

Tommy *telepathically to Jasper* Moana? That's very bad news indeed. Did you tell Boris about your suspicion yet? We're currently in the rec room.

Tommy *aloud to the others* Jasper and Phineas are on their way here and if Jasper's right we could be into trouble. He's not quite sure but he suspects the unknown hive is Moana's. :S

DS: Uh-oh. She doesn't seemed to be the kind of Queen who could be interested in leaving the old-fashioned way of Wraith-life. :(

IV
May 16th, 2010, 05:23 AM
*Boris's Hive*
Jasper *to Tommy*: No, not yet. I only sensed her, she didn't actually make any sort of contact. Creepy.. *contact trails off for a moment, presumably due to swearing* .. I'm on my way

Phineas: You know, I never realised that having a reputation like yours was a bad thing. Not only have you got a Queen after you, but also probably several others as well.

Jasper: *pinches the bridge of his nose as he walks with Phineas to the rec room* And I thought being a pirate would be easy...

Phineas: Should have stuck with climbing the rank ladder the hard way *grins*

Jasper: *glares* Come on, lets hurry up...

ciannwn
May 16th, 2010, 10:12 AM
*Boris's Hive*

*The crew of the battle cruiser board their ship.*

Boris is waiting for Jasper to tell him he thinks Moana is in the other hive

WraithTech
May 16th, 2010, 11:46 AM
*Somewhere in the Pegasus galaxy in Bullseye’s dart…*

Bullseye: *makes a loud wraithy sigh through his nose and the corners of his mouth turn down* I am picking up bits of telepathic signals… the hive is in an agitated state. We have to go back now so I can report for duty.

Orb doesn’t like the look of worry and simply nods. She keeps quiet to let Bullseye pick up on telepathic intel or commands as they get closer to Boris’s hive as they are in better communications range now.

WraithTech
May 17th, 2010, 01:03 PM
*Just outside Boris's Hive*

Bullseye's dart sensors pick up the mystery hive ship. Not wanting to be vulnerable and without direction in space, he docks in Boris's Hive right away. Bullseye and Orb make a run for the rec room, and Bullseye fills Orb in on the way as well as telepathically makes his presence known to the hive.
…

*Boris's Hive*

Bullseye: Any news of this trespassing hive or orders from the Commander? :mad:

Orb: I'm so glad everyone is safe! Is someone looking out for Kit and is he safe? I hope he doesn't have a sense of what is going on. :eek:


...

ciannwn
May 17th, 2010, 01:16 PM
It would help me to say something if Jasper told Boris of his suspicions that Moana is in the mystery hive.

Draco-Stellaris
May 18th, 2010, 03:06 AM
*Boris's hive*

*DS, Tommy and Rhys greet Orb and Bullseye*

Rhys: It's good you made it safely back here, who knows what might be lurking out there now. We don't know much yet. The unknown hive has done nothing and we're not entirely sure if they're friends or foes.

Tommy: Foes, more likely. :(

DS: Kit is alright, he's currently with the Hippies who came back to the hive for safety. I bet he's happy to be in the vicinity of Ellia's delicious biscuits. :)

Tommy *telepathically to Jasper* I will inform Boris about your suspicion if you don't mind.
*telepathically to Boris* Boris, I've just had contoact with Jasper and he thinks Moana could be on the unknown hive, he isn't quite sure though. We should be prepared for big trouble if it really is Moana.

IV
May 18th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Grr, real life got in the way

*Boris's Hive*
Jasper, nearly at the Rec Room, continued to 'speak' to Tommy telepathically. "Thanks. I think limiting my telepathy might be a wise idea. I don't want her picking up on anything. But hey, at least now she can't blow me up this time"
Phineas, who had been 'eavesdropping', rolled his golden eyes at the last comment before they entered the Rec Room, just a minute or so after Orb and Bullseye.. Phineas, being the slightly friendlier of the two, offered a nod in greeting to both.

*Aboard the unknown Hive*
Moana, in the control room, regarded the dart with narrowed eyes as it then docked with the other. Arching up a brow ridge, she looked over her shoulder to her Commander, Ares.
"Did you manage to muffle what we were doing?"
"... Reasonably well, my Queen."
She hissed, and came closer, her dress brushing along the floor. Instictively he lowered his head, bristling a little however, but managed to lower his pride enough to make the gesture seem convincing.
"If they find out who I am.. given how my pirate has probably told them all about me.. then our plan for the other Hives to pretend to be allies.. will not work!"

WraithTech
May 18th, 2010, 11:16 AM
*Boris's hive*

Orb: DS, you have mentioned these Hippies before… Bullseye, I would like to meet Ellia sometime after this commotion is over and try some of her legendary biscuits.

Bullseye makes a face because he refuses to eat any solid foods and only drinks water from time to time. He sees and nods back to Phineas and is soon lightly nudged by Orb.

Bullseye: Jasper, Phineas, *gestures toward each to indicate to Orb which is which* this is my worshipper, Orb.

Due to the commotion, Orb has forgotten to change clothes. She is wearing an offworld style dress; although, it is torn in many places near the bottom and has plenty of dirt all over the hem. Her teeth are also stained purple. Bullseye, however, is spotlessly clean. They look at each other and pause, a brief wince of guilt passing over Bullseye, before suppressing smiles.

Bullesye: *changing the subject quickly* While we were out, we managed to pick up a few of those teletransportation wrist bands like one of those runners used. I don’t know how well they work but want to get them to Archimedes for analysis of teletransportation and/or invisibility. Oh, and while doing target practice outdoors, I found that there is a chemical that will explode when hit with a wraith stun blast. I am not sure how useful that would be in combat though.

I did not see teletransportation wrist bands in the technology page of the WWA guides. If they already exist in the game, maybe these can be used to create a variant or increase the powers of existing ones.

ciannwn
May 18th, 2010, 01:07 PM
*Boris's Hive*

Boris to Tommy: Thank you for the information. *He then contacts Archimedes and tells him of Jasper's suspicions.*

Boris to Archimedes: We need information about the cloaking technology. Have you finished the analysis yet?

Archimedes: All we can tell so far is that there's no evidence of it being Asgard, Ancient or Asuran.

I have no idea where this cloaking technology of Moana's has come from. I'll leave it up to someone else to suggest.

To orbofnight - we don't have teleportation wristbands in the game yet. Perhaps you could give me some details about them to go in the guide.

WraithTech
May 18th, 2010, 04:51 PM
*Boris’s Hive – rec room*

Bullseye: Orb, let’s go get these hard-earned bands to our scientists on Deck 3. :o *Grabs her arm and rushes off... they stop in Bullseye’s quarters for Orb to change clothes and wash of the purple stain on her teeth…

…

*Boris’s Hive – Erik's and Archimedes' shared lab *

Bullseye and Orb walk in with the wrist bands.



From the season 5 episode Tracker, runner Kiryk wore one of these and used it to turn invisible while jumping himself and Keller up a cliffside. I wish to modify it so that the wraith version is better than the original in power and distance, allowing the user to teletransport instead of just jump.

Here is an entry for the guide:

Teletransportation Arm Bands (concept modified from SGA by orbofnight) This is an organic-looking wrist band with a crystal in the middle of it and is wrapped the arm just below the elbow. It allows the wearer and others touching the wearer to teletransport at the wearer’s will to another location and remain invisible for a brief period of time. The longer the distance and the greater the load will result in diminished performance, but the wraith modified version allows greater distance and load. When the crystal glows green, the band is fully charged and ready to go; red means the device is still charging.

IV
May 18th, 2010, 06:34 PM
@ Ciannwn: It's not so much cloaking, as Moana using her telepathy to sort of.. control the Hive to a degree. More like shoving a pair of mufflers on it. She won't be able to do it for long, so probably in my next post, Tommy and everybody will be able to sense that she is, indeed, planning to 'crash their party', as it were.

*Boris's Hive*
Jasper, the more old-fashioned of the two, offered a bow of his head in response to Bullseye introducing him to Orb. While he himself had a worshipper who he shared with Phineas, it was sometimes a touch strange for him still to get used to the idea that it was possible to treat humans as more than just food. He tried however, give the former assassin some credit! "Well met, Orb."

Phineas, on the other hand, gave a more genuine abet still toothy smile in response. "Pleasure. I am sure IV (eye-vee) will look forward to meeting you.. Perhaps such is best after this situation is dealt with however."

Jasper, despite the seriousness of the situation, grinned then. "Trying to persuade her to return to Earth was.. interesting."

Phineas rolled his eyes a little, but made no comment, briefly watching the new arrivals depart before looking to the rest. "Do we have a plan on how to deal with this.. ah, surprise visit?"

WraithTech
May 19th, 2010, 05:59 AM
*Boris's Hive*

Bullseye: *telepathically to Archimedes* I tracked down what I believe are some of those teletransportation devices a runner was rumored to be wearing and had my worshipper obtain them. They were purchased from a human who either didn't know what they were or thought they were broken. I am dropping them off for your inspection. As to preserve their integrity, they have not been tested.

Not sure if anyone is in the lab or if they are too busy, so Bullseye is sending a telepathic message and Archimedes can respond from wherever he is.

ciannwn
May 19th, 2010, 10:38 AM
*Boris's Hive - the Shared Lab where Archimedes and Erik are working*

Archimedes (to Bullseye): They could be very useful if they really are teletransportation devices.

Erik (telepathically to Boris): It seems that there isn't a cloaking device after all. My guess is that what we thought was cloaking is some kind of telepathic dampening effect.

Boris (telepathically to Erik): Jasper suspects that Moana is on that hive. We know she's a very powerful telepath.

Erik (telepathically to Boris): I doubt that she can keep the dampening effect up indefinitely.

Will get the info about the teletransportation devices added to the guide within the next day or so.

WraithTech
May 19th, 2010, 11:48 AM
*Boris's Hive - the Shared Lab where Archimedes and Erik are working*

Bullseye: *telepathically to Archimedes* Based on the descriptions and mental images I have seen from some hunters and the fact that the crystals were giving off an energy that allowed for me to detect them with my tablet I have high hopes. If nothing else, the crystals can be valuable in and of themselves.

Bullseye introduces Orb to Erik and Archimedes as his worshipper he sent to collect the devices.

Orb: Pleased to meet you both. :)

Because Archimedes is such a great inventor, feel free to let him make even more improvements and manufacture more of them as well as add your ideas and name to the entry for them.

ciannwn
May 19th, 2010, 01:11 PM
*Boris's Hive - The Shared Lab*

*Erik and Archimedes say hello to Orb. Erik's greeting is somewhat distant because his mind is on the current situation. Archimedes, however, gives her all his attention along with a warm smile. He then turns to Bullseye.*

Archimedes: Put them on the bench over there. I'll examine them once we've dealt with this hive.

WraithTech
May 19th, 2010, 01:20 PM
*Boris's Hive - The Shared Lab*

*Bullseye nods and follows the instructions of Archimedes.

*Orb and Bullseye exit the lab and go back to the rec room.

Draco-Stellaris
May 20th, 2010, 06:51 AM
*The rec room*

*DS still smiles to herself as she thinks of Orb's somewhat worn clothes*

Tommy: What are you happy about?

DS: Uh... nothing in particular. Just thinking about the ups and downs of being a worshipper. :P

Rhys *to Jasper* Does Maona have any weaknesses? Is there something that could help us defeat her in case she attacks?

WraithTech
May 20th, 2010, 08:53 AM
*Boris’s Hive – rec room*

Orb: DS, I’m glad to see you are still here. I just got to meet Archimedes and it was such an honor. We owe the scientists so much for all the leisure time we spend with our wraith not having to go culling all the time. I have not meet Commander Boris yet, but from what Bullseye says, Boris is a long-time, proven war veteran and surely has what it takes to keep this hive safe, along with such top-notch scientists on his team.

Bullseye: *nods in agreement for Boris’s leadership* Phineas, any exciting weapons you have crafted or learned about lately?

ciannwn
May 20th, 2010, 10:36 AM
*Boris's Hive*

*Boris orders Hector to launch the battle cruiser. It's now been fitted with a cloaking device so will be able to get close to the other hive without being detected.*

IV
May 20th, 2010, 12:15 PM
*Boris's Hive*
Phineas turned to Bullseye once he was addressed, a 'brow briefly lifting up a little before he answered. "Crafted.. no. But I have been practising sai daggers with my worshipper, IV, in the arena of the Chill-Out Hive. Eventually one of these days I hope to persuade her to come here, but until then, I am happy to go between there, here and Earth as often as is prudent." Then a pause. "Do you craft your own weapons often?"

*Moana's Hive*
Moana shifted in her throne, opening her eyes after the last of the 'muffling' was finally forced to slip away. She could not maintain it for long... and then turned to her Commander. Even before the words were out of her mouth, his head was lowered.
"What is it you wish me to do, my Queen?"
"Prepare shields, then ensure that all of our weapons are fully stocked."

WraithTech
May 20th, 2010, 01:06 PM
*Boris’s Hive – rec room*

Bullseye: I can assemble, repair, and modify all types of wraith stunners, but making human weapons is out of my area of expertise; I have to purchase those... I am very partial to the star-shaped shuriken. *takes a few out of side pocket of his coat and flashes a pointy-toothed grin*

Draco-Stellaris
May 21st, 2010, 03:44 AM
*Boris’s Hive – rec room*

Orb: DS, I’m glad to see you are still here. I just got to meet Archimedes and it was such an honor. We owe the scientists so much for all the leisure time we spend with our wraith not having to go culling all the time. I have not meet Commander Boris yet, but from what Bullseye says, Boris is a long-time, proven war veteran and surely has what it takes to keep this hive safe, along with such top-notch scientists on his team.

DS: Oh yes, I don't know what we would do without Archimedes, and of course Erik. The two of them have invented and modified so many devices and things to improve the life of Wraith and worshippers alike. :) Boris is indeed a very good and able leader. He used to be an organiser and referee for sports events to entertain our community before he had his hiveship come here as a home for most of us. He has a profund sense of fairness.

IV
May 21st, 2010, 03:40 PM
*Boris's Hive - Rec Room*
Phineas peered at the displayed shruiken, before grinning back at the lethal-looking weapon. "Are they easy to learn how to use?" Oh no, there was again, thinking of expanding his collection. Like his worshipper wasn't enough of a weapon's nut already, she just had to find a wraith who was exactly the same.

WraithTech
May 21st, 2010, 04:22 PM
*Boris's Hive - Rec Room*

Bullseye: Well, I have a natural knack for distance weapons, but you just throw them at the face, neck, hands, or wherever they will cause the most... inconvenience. You can also slash with them at close range if the enemy gets too close and you have no other weapon on hand.

Draco-Stellaris
June 1st, 2010, 02:45 AM
*At the edge of Copelandia's solar system*

*A hyperspace window opens and another hiveship appears. On the bridge of the newcomer the commander turns face his queen Bellatrix standing next to him*

Commander: Do you still think it wise to have come here, my queen? Two hiveships are far more noticeable than one and we might endanger Moana's recon mission.

*Bellatrix narrows her eyes at her commander*
Bellatrix: I am fully aware that it might warn our target but I am fed up with waiting. Open up a channel to Moana'a hive. I want to talk to her in person, it is time we combined our efforts.

*The technician controlling the communications nods at his queen and calls Moana's hive*
Technician *to Bellatrix*: Waiting for response.

IV
June 1st, 2010, 05:52 PM
*Aboard Moana's Hive*
Technician: A transmission is coming in, my Queen.. from Bellatrix.
Moana: ... Open it.

*A screen appears, showing the two Queens to each other in a hazy orange view. Moana is sat on her throne, with her Commander just visible to one side*

Draco-Stellaris
June 3rd, 2010, 10:02 AM
*Aboard Bellatrix's hive*

*Bellatrix straightens up as Moana's image appears on the screen, not wanting to let the other queen see her worries and uncertainty*

Bellatrix *to Moana with the slightest possible inclination of her head* Greetings, fellow queen. I was wondering if you have been able to gather more intel about these strange creatures who call themselves 'Wraith' in spite of their unnatural culture. We will need all information we can get, they will sure come to investigate soon.

WraithTech
June 3rd, 2010, 10:11 AM
(((OOC: Is Copelandia the name of the planet Boris's Hive is orbiting? Is Bellatrix's hive a close enough distance that the wraith on Boris's hive will be able to detect their telepathic presence?)))

Draco-Stellaris
June 3rd, 2010, 12:09 PM
((Yep, Copelandia is the name of "our" planet. We haven't specified the distance between the planet and the hiveships, only insofar that the ships are at the edge of the solar system. We could say the distance is too long to make things easier. Moana shielded her darts with her mind but she wouldn't be able to shield her whole hiveship for long. Neither would be Bellatrix. But it's an interesting question how far the telepathic connection reaches. In Misbegotten several Wraith had to combine their abilities to summon a hiveship, but I can't recall at the moment if it was stated in the episode from what distance the hive did come.))

IV
June 4th, 2010, 04:12 AM
*Aboard Moana's hive*

Moana had moved back to her throne by the time the image of the other appeared, and, while equally poised, seemed almost relaxed at the same time. Supremely confidant that they together.. or she alone, depending.. could pull off their plan without much of a hitch or battle. Her commander, identified by the triple circles across the centre of his forehead dipping down a little just above his nose, remained stood by her side and lowered his head curteously to Bellatrix.

"Greetings indeed. From what I have managed to glean from 'Jasper'.. what I was able to see when I fleetingly entered his mind.. was that they co-exist with humans as their equals, as worshippers, rather than as their food and inferiors. He has yet to fully turn to their ways, but that is what I managed to get all the same. So we can assume that they will be working together, humans and .." A pause, a brief sneer lingering on her lips. "..wraith, if they decide we pose a threat before our plans are completed."

Draco-Stellaris
June 5th, 2010, 04:09 AM
*Aboard Bellatrix's hive*

*Bellatrix takes a moment to let the information sink in. Wraith and humans working together as equals? Unthinkable. Unheard of, until now. It was unnatural and made her uneasy. And there was a nagging question on her mind which could well make the difference between victory and defeat.*

Bellatrix *nodding curtly* We will have to act fast before they have time to see through our plan. There is one thing I need to know. That... 'Jasper'... is he still loyal to you or will he pose a threat? It could be rather inconvenient if he turned against you at a delicate stage of the plan.

IV
June 5th, 2010, 06:44 PM
*Aboard Moana's Hive*
Moana, although hiding it quite well, was equally unsettled. The wraith had evolved into the society and species they were now... was this working together of human and wraith another step along the evolutionary path, or was it a mere mutation away from the norm'. Or even worse, if there ever was a hybridisation.. a species born of both wraith and human, that would eventually outlast or co-exist alongside both. Disturbing thoughts indeed.

Her head tilted, as her claws thoughtfully brushed over the arms of the throne she sat in. He had been loyal for centuries... earning the trust of other Queen's, before betraying them and destroying their Hives if Moana so ordered it.. an assassin, in other words.

"I believe he has the potential to be loyal again.. However, I can no longer connect to the device on his arm, so I believe that those on the planet have somehow managed to not only disable it, but remove it as well." Nothing says forcing someone to obey you than a little detonation device on the wrist, right? "Once and if we get the chance to get closer, I shall be able to take control of his mind again, I am certain of it. He will pose no threat then."

Draco-Stellaris
June 6th, 2010, 12:05 PM
*Aboard Bellatrix's hive*

Bellatrix didn't quite trust Moana's judgement –where would it lead to if Wraith Queens started trusting each other? She knew Moana possessed great telepathic powers but if that 'Jasper' was determined to resist her he could still be a time bomb waiting to explode. It would be the best to deal with this problem quickly.

Bellatrix: We should attempt to get closer to them so you can 'remind' him of his loyalties and bring him back to the proper ways of our species.

OMG, I haven't got a clue what they could be up to. *squirms* I totally fail at villainy. http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz225/draco-stellaris/Smilies/imstupid.gif http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz225/draco-stellaris/Smilies/mwahaha.gif It's still fun though. :D
Wait! Now I've got something: what about them wanting to take control by removing Ellia as Primary of the alternative alliance?

WraithTech
June 6th, 2010, 04:37 PM
That sounds good, DS, especially with Ellia being a peaceful Hippie and would symbolize everything that these other 2 queens are not. Does Boris and his hive take orders from Ellia, even if they are more as guideposts rather than strict orders? The new queens would probably love to issue strict orders to change Boris's hive back to the old ways.

IV
June 6th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Oh snap, haha, that'd be so evil and epic.. and a really great plot idea.

*Aboard Moana's Hive*
She nodded at the suggestion. "That would work.. Although how we are going to get closer without them attacking would be another matter. I am sure you do not wish to be shot out of the sky no less than I.

*Boris's Hive*
Jasper was completely unaware that his former Queen was planning a comeback. Well, almost. He knew how much she enjoyed power... knew how she generally went about getting it and certainly knew how she had managed to control him the first time. He was with Phineas in the rec room, currently dosing himself up on coffee in case the following days didn't bring much, if any, rest.

WraithTech
June 6th, 2010, 07:17 PM
*Boris’s Hive – rec room*

Bullseye: *notices Jasper grabbing all the coffee* It would be a good idea to make sure we are all very well fed and extra energized in case a prolonged battle breaks out.

Draco-Stellaris
June 8th, 2010, 04:15 AM
*Aboard Bellatrix's hive*

Bellatrix: To be shot out of the sky is my least favourite pastime, therefore I suggest we get to know the defenses of our adversary better. Until now no one has tried to make contact and no cannon is aimed at us. We should take advatage of the remaining time till they get curious. I suggest we split our forces, it's harder for them to track the two of us at once. We can stay in contact using the code my technicians have developed, it's near impossible to decrypt it. Do we know yet against how many hives we're up to if the worst comes to pass?


*Boris's hive – Rec room*

Rhys: You know, Bullseye and Jasper, you do have a point. We better tell Gabriel to have some emergency clones in stock too. Even though we all carry the feeding devices it might be wise to be prepared for anything.

Tommy: Of course emergency clones includes Harkenss clones, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Rhys: Well... yes, of course. You can never have enough of them around in case there's a serious worshipper emergency. :P

DS: At the moment we're talking about other potential emergencies though.

Rhys: *sigh* Yeah, I know. I just wanted to cheer you up a bit.

WraithTech
June 8th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Bullseye: Preparedness goes for worshippers too. Orb, how about grabbing some stuff out of the matter converter? Speaking of emergencies, does anyone know where Cavan might be? I can’t telepathically locate him with all the chaos and we need to make sure he hasn’t fainted alone somewhere. *walks over to the computer terminal as he is talking and logs in to run quick diagnostics on everything Wraith tech on the hive, just in case the lead technicians might be busy and because a 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th pair of eyes can never hurt at a time like this.*

Orb: *grabs Power Bars, bottled water, and nutritious chocolate out of the matter converter dining area and returns to sit next to Bullseye*

IV
June 9th, 2010, 04:26 PM
*Aboard Moana's Hive*
Moana: One of us to one side of the planet, one of us to the other.. effectively they would have to split their forces to deal with us, while we are able to communicate and coordinate our efforts using your code. I briefly saw a lone dart earlier.. but my estimation is two Hives, with the usual fleet of darts each.

*Boris's Hive*
Jasper: What about emergency preparations? *looks up from his coffee* I know that you work together better than old wraith.. and you have more advanced technology.. but it would still be wise to take precautions in case the worst case scenario of this encounter does end up coming to pass.

Phineas: Evacuation plans and the like, defensive strategies, bunkers... Also, where are the food supplies for the hum- *pause, corrects himself with an apologetic wave of his hand* worshippers? We should prepare for a seige, as much as an attack now that they are near the planet itself.

WraithTech
June 10th, 2010, 04:31 AM
*Boris's Hive*

Bullseye: Otis says that Cavan has been revived a few times already and is safe. :cool: I just finished diagnostics of everything that is ours; everything is properly functioning, including the matter converters to feed the worshippers. *starts to check for readings from the enemy hive* As for battle plans, I was waiting for orders from Boris and am not sure what to do. :confused:

*telepathically to Orb who has taken the telepathic treatment* I don’t have any experience creating battle plans. I once got to be third in command on my former hive but was quickly returned to technical work because other hives complained that I was rude in negotiations. :S

Orb: :rolleyes: *telepathically to Bullseye* Ah, well, you can’t please everyone. :P :)

Draco-Stellaris
June 11th, 2010, 04:51 AM
*Aboard Bellatrix's Hive*

Moana: One of us to one side of the planet, one of us to the other.. effectively they would have to split their forces to deal with us, while we are able to communicate and coordinate our efforts using your code. I briefly saw a lone dart earlier.. but my estimation is two Hives, with the usual fleet of darts each.

Bellatrix: Our target is probably on board her hiveship, we should use the planet as cover and avoid direct hive-to-hive battle as long as we don't know what we're up against. They might have a few nasty surprises if they are working together with humans. Humans have been known to develop cunning strategies for fighting us, and if the rumours are true and these humans come from the same homeworld as the new Lanteans we should be careful.


*Boris's Hive*

DS: This might seem like an odd suggestion but why don't we just move the hive away from Copelandia now it's evacuated? We could jump to hyperspace and come back when the coast is clear again.

Rhys: And where would we go to? It's not a good idea to intrude on other Wraiths' territory. Instead of dealing with one unknown hive we could soon end up against several unknown hives.

Tommy: Maybe it'd be best for you to go back to earth. Phineas is right, we should expect a seige.

DS: No. We have discussed this before, I won't leave. :rolleyes:

WraithTech
June 11th, 2010, 05:57 AM
*Boris's Hive*

Bullseye: :eek: :mad: *out loud to those in the rec room and telepathically to Boris's hive and crew* Our systems are detecting a transmission originating from the direction of the enemy hive. The message is heavily encrypted and probably means that there may be other hives on the way or giving this one support elsewhere. I will start running all available automated scripts to try to crack the code and am saving the encrypted message in a shared drive so others can also look.

Jasper, if this happens to be your former hive, do you have any knowledge of their communications technology that could help us to decode the transmission?

Orb: :( Has anything like this ever happened to the Uberhive? The answer changes nothing for me though; I am not gating back to Earth either.

WraithTech
June 11th, 2010, 06:21 AM
*Boris's Hive*

Orb: Is it within Wraith protocol to ask them what they want? Has anyone tried to make contact with this hive?

IV
June 11th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Sorry for the delay guys, had some irl trouble
*Aboard Moana's Hive*
Moana: Plus once we are close enough, the combined efforts of our minds if we catch her by surprise should be sufficient. Yes.. the idea with the planet sounds like it would work. It is not as though there is exactly friendly territory elsewhere if they try to leave and move. Their... ideas have not spread far.

*Boris's Hive*
Phineas: Generally no.. not to negotiate at any rate, not on the Hive I was on anyhow. Other hives were seen as a threat, a challenge. If one didn't back down, a fight followed. It is why the brief alliance with the Atlanteans against the Replicator's was something of a miracle. But we did have a common foe.

Jasper: *arches an eyebrow at Phin*

Phineas: *lowers his coffee mug a little* What?

WraithTech
June 11th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Bullseye *still trying to decode the transmissions* On my old hive, we were tentatively open to mutually beneficial propositions if asked right away, like the one Phineas mentioned, but this hive has been in our territory for a while now and have given us nothing. I take it as an insult and a threat!

ciannwn
June 11th, 2010, 12:15 PM
*At the edge of Copelandia's solar system*

*A hyperspace window opens and another hiveship appears.

*Boris's Hive*

*Karl reports that a hyperspace window opened up. Boris orders the battle cruiser to cloak and get nearer to investigate.*

Sorry not to have contributed earlier. Unless Bellatrix and Moana have upgraded their hulls and weapons, Boris's hive ship and the battle cruiser could just blow the enemy up with very little bother. The cruiser took out an Asuran warship and Boris's hive is now just as strong except it doesn't have a drone chair. (Drone as in the explosive variety, not masked Wraith. :p)

WraithTech
June 11th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Bullseye: *wraithy sigh* That second window Karl announced is probably the other half of the transmission. :mckay: No, Orb, this doesn't happen too often... *glances over at Jasper who hasn't answered his question and tries to tries to guess if it was intentional or not* :confused:

Is the intent to get Moana and Bellatrix physically on board Boris's hive to confront Jasper and Ellia? If so, maybe Ares could have planted some device near Boris's hive that would render all their hive's energy-drawing useless by blocking the energy output, including weapons, darts, and *gasp* feeding devices. Or, maybe they are counting on an inside job of some sort? Or Bellatrix has something up her sleeves?