Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter's Vision

K I'm sure this has probably been answered somewhere, so sorry if it has:

Colonel Carter had a vision of the Replicators destroying Atlantis, but in the episode 'This Mortal Coil' it turns out to be the Replicator version of Atlantis that gets destroyed, which means it's not the real Carter's vision and also there isn't a Replicator version of Carter, (I don't think) so how did the real Carter have a vision of it!? Even if the Replicator versions of themselves told them what happened,
    she still wouldn't have seen it happening!
    sigpic

Originally posted by bobsenior View Post
    K I'm sure this has probably been answered somewhere, so sorry if it has:

Colonel Carter had a vision of the Replicators destroying Atlantis, but in the episode 'This Mortal Coil' it turns out to be the Replicator version of Atlantis that gets destroyed, which means it's not the real Carter's vision and also there isn't a Replicator version of Carter, (I don't think) so how did the real Carter have a vision of it!? Even if the Replicator versions of themselves told them what happened,
    she still wouldn't have seen it happening!
    The visions weren't necessarily visions of a future that she would encounter, just general visions of the future.

If you can see into the future, why wouldn't you be able to see into the future of any location? She just witnessed the future of a planet that she'd never been to or will go to.

Comment

Also, the vision wasn't her's, it was shown to her by a third party.

Old Guy had a vision of an Atlantis-type city being destroyed. He showed that to Carter. She mis-interpreted it to be Atlantis itself and not the Replicator copy.

Comment

Yeah but isn't it supposed to be relevant to and including the person the vision is shown to? Like McKays vision of Todd attempting to ambush them had McKay in it?
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah but isn't it supposed to be relevant to and including the person the vision is shown to? Like McKays vision of Todd attempting to ambush them had McKay in it?
          It was never said the vison had to involve the person having the vison.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

As far as Old Guy knew, there was only one Atlantis city ship in operation. In his opinion, it was relevant to Carter. He was wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X