Sanctuary To Join Space Line-up This Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanctuary To Join Space Line-up This Fall

I was watching "The Circuit" on Space this past Friday or Saturday. And they mentioned after doing an interview with Amanda Tapping. That Sanctuary will like Stargate Universe, join the SPACE NETWORK line-up this fall.

DOUBLE SWEET since these are the two shows I most want to see!!!
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
    I was watching "The Circuit" on Space this past Friday or Saturday. And they mentioned after doing an interview with Amanda Tapping. That Sanctuary will like Stargate Universe, join the SPACE NETWORK line-up this fall.

AT mentioned that on our set tour when we were discussing all the sound problems Movie Central had last year. I didn't mention it before as I wasn't sure it was public knowledge. However, I did post about it in the general thread once The Circuit mentioned it.

I am as excited as you are! Now I can dump my extended cable (I only had MC for Sanctuary). Also, it will give the show a much bigger Canadian audience.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Good for Space! I always like to see them acquire new shows, especially when they air day and time with the US (it was a total pain in the butt when they couldn't air BSG until a few days later).

But I'll be sticking with MC becasue of no commercials and as for sound problems... say what? Didn't have any here.

Comment

I've got the vid to prove it- Amanda Tapping on The Circuit- Amanda Taps on Fan Outrage In HD

Comment

Originally posted by sbz View Post
          Good for Space! I always like to see them acquire new shows, especially when they air day and time with the US (it was a total pain in the butt when they couldn't air BSG until a few days later).

But I'll be sticking with MC becasue of no commercials and as for sound problems... say what? Didn't have any here.
          Just to clarify, my understanding is that Space will be airing Sanctuary instead of MC.

Every episode from Requiem on had sound problems. Sometimes you couldn't hear the dialogue at all, sometimes only if the sound was cranked up all the way. Also, the music was overly loud as were some of the background sounds (eg. a door opening). It did get better but they still hadn't completely fixed the problem by the end of the initial run. I e-mailed MC about it several times.

Comment

On the negative side for Canadian viewers, isn't Space SD only?

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
              On the negative side for Canadian viewers, isn't Space SD only?
              Excuse my ignorance. What is SD? Does that mean it would not be available in HD? (Which wouldn't matter to me since my TV is not HD).

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                Excuse my ignorance. What is SD? Does that mean it would not be available in HD? (Which wouldn't matter to me since my TV is not HD).
                SD means standard definition, I believe. I think MC was available in high def, but it doesn't look like Space has HD yet, which is unfortunate.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                  SD means standard definition, I believe. I think MC was available in high def, but it doesn't look like Space has HD yet, which is unfortunate.
                  Like EH-T, I don't have a HD TV so it won't really matter

I'm not sure how many people have HD anyway
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    Like EH-T, I don't have a HD TV so it won't really matter

I'm not sure how many people have HD anyway
                    My 37 inch HD TV would love it if Space went HD. Then I'd have to fork over extra money to get Space.

Though once you go HD, you get sucked into the vortex and there's no going back. My husband connected an upconverting DVD player to our HD TV and I put in the first episode of Stargate Atlantis and almost drooled everywhere. Granted it's a 1080i upconvert so I'm not getting the 1080p that BluRay has but the tv stations for HD only go as high as 1080i right now anyway so I don't know what I'm missing. But it can't be much because the details on Atlantis are so awesome.
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

From a comment on Mallozzi's 31 August blog entry:
                      I attended Fan Expo here in Toronto, Canada and went to the SPACE Channel panel where they discussed their fall line-up. SGU will air in tandem with Syfy on Oct 2nd. Also, aside from that date because of the two part episode, Sanctuary will lead into SGU every week.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...#comment-75292

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                        From a comment on Mallozzi's 31 August blog entry:
                        I attended Fan Expo here in Toronto, Canada and went to the SPACE Channel panel where they discussed their fall line-up. SGU will air in tandem with Syfy on Oct 2nd. Also, aside from that date because of the two part episode, Sanctuary will lead into SGU every week.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...#comment-75292

Thanks to a email that I received yesterday from SPACE. I found out Sanctuary will debut on SPACE, October 9th at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Check www.spacecast.com for the time in your area!!!
                        MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                        MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                        POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                        CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                        GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                        VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                        FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Thanks to a email that I received yesterday from SPACE. I found out Sanctuary will debut on SPACE, October 9th at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Check www.spacecast.com for the time in your area!!!
                          Thanks Annie.

Comment

Hello all,

This is kind of related, so I thought I'd put this question here rather than start a new thread...

Anyone know if Space is moving Sanctuary (/SGU) to Tuesday nights as well??

Comment

Originally posted by _SocraticMethod View Post
                              Hello all,

This is kind of related, so I thought I'd put this question here rather than start a new thread...

Anyone know if Space is moving Sanctuary (/SGU) to Tuesday nights as well??
                              I haven't heard anything nor have I found anything on thier site...guess we'll have to wait.
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                              X