Babylon 5 Movie Production To Begin Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babylon 5 Movie Production To Begin Soon

According to a news article at ComingSoon (click here to view), The Memory of Shadows will begin filming in April. The site also provides a brief summary of the movie.

Originally posted by ComingSoon.net
    In "Shadows," the technology of the ancient and extinct Shadow race is being unleashed upon the galaxy by an unknown force, and Earthforce intelligence officer Diane Baker, whose brother was recently killed in a mysterious explosion, it out to find out who is behind the intergalactic conspiracy.

Joining her is Galen, a techno-mage who has been charged with keeping the technology out of the hands of those who would abuse it.
    Rocky

Originally posted by rocket4477
    According to a news article at ComingSoon (click here to view), The Memory of Shadows will begin filming in April. The site also provides a brief summary of the movie.

[/size][/font]
    Rocket....you are my hero!!! Thankyou for posting this..I've been going nuttier waiting for more info on this movie!!
    sigpic
    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

not again.

personally i think another B5 movie is great but am i the only one who is annoyed that once again an unknown and deadly threat has popped up with advanced and deadly technology and is bringing destruction upon the entire galaxy.

i like B5 but i would prefer something a bit more original. if the threat is an ancient and unknown race, B5 will have just lost a lot of credibility with me

sigpic

Comment

I'm still waiting for JMS' "Rising Stars" to become a film.

C'mon Hollywood: You know you want to!

Good guy, Bad guy.....
        I'm the one with the gun.

Comment

This is a true movie through, not just something for TV. But I agree, can't he come up with a story in the future, like past 15 years, so they can see where they are now, and how they got there and do something more.
          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
            This is a true movie through, not just something for TV. But I agree, can't he come up with a story in the future, like past 15 years, so they can see where they are now, and how they got there and do something more.
            We glimpsed a lot of the future in the fourth season finale, and one thing I like about B5 is all the secrets that the universe seems to hold. One thing I wish JMS would do though is take us beyond the rim and let us see what is out there.
            Rocky

Comment

What ever happened to the Telepath War? Didnt he say he'll do a movie about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Unas
                What ever happened to the Telepath War? Didnt he say he'll do a movie about it?
                The teep war happened inbetween the events of B5 and Crusade, and in Crusade, we were beginning to learn about it and we would have learned more had the series continued.
                Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                  not again.

personally i think another B5 movie is great but am i the only one who is annoyed that once again an unknown and deadly threat has popped up with advanced and deadly technology and is bringing destruction upon the entire galaxy.

i like B5 but i would prefer something a bit more original. if the threat is an ancient and unknown race, B5 will have just lost a lot of credibility with me
                  I don't think the race is ancient... They probably just found a cache of Shadow technology... Kinda like the Drahk.
                  sigpic
                  In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
                    I don't think the race is ancient... They probably just found a cache of Shadow technology... Kinda like the Drahk.
                    The Drakh worked for the Shadows. They didn't have to go looking for Shadow Tech, they took it with them when they abandoned Za'ha'dum.
                    Rocky

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Galen is one of the greatest sci-fi / fantasy characters created, performed masterfully by Peter Woodward.

Here's hoping the story is more original and interesting than "The Legend of the Rangers."
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

TO bad Crusade and LOTR was cancelled. I liked both of those series alot.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

The teep war happened inbetween the events of B5 and Crusade, and in Crusade, we were beginning to learn about it and we would have learned more had the series continued.
                          yeah but they need to actually make a movie about the telepath war, it would be alot better than dredging up the shadows and all again, its gotten old, crusade didnt work so why should this be any better?

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                            yeah but they need to actually make a movie about the telepath war, it would be alot better than dredging up the shadows and all again, its gotten old, crusade didnt work so why should this be any better?
                            Regretably, Crusade wasn't given a chance. We were just about to get into the big major arc when TNT pulled the plug. It could have worked, I love Crusade, it just wasn't given a chance.
                            Rocky

Comment

Regretably, Crusade wasn't given a chance. We were just about to get into the big major arc when TNT pulled the plug. It could have worked, I love Crusade, it just wasn't given a chance.
                              I agree with you on that, rocket. Crusade was great but it was pulled way too fast. It was never given a chance to get an audiences attention much less really develope. The PTB at Fox did the same thing with Firefly which I kept wanted to look at but couldn't find half the time. I am so tired of trying to track down a show who's night has been changed for the upteethn time in a month that I tend to say "To Heck With It!" and move on to something I can keep up with. I rediscovered Firefly through Netflix and absolutely love it. I would have been a loyal fan if Fox had just given it a chance. It makes me wonder about the people running the networks these days. It seems that they don't watch TV like the rest of us do.

With so much that's already on TV, how in the heck can a person really get into a series with less than a decent season's worth of veiwing? I liked the good old days when you had all of the new shows come on in the fall to ran through the spring. Then in the summer, during rerun season, you could take a look at what was on the other networks that you didn't get to see at first. The PTB at the networks back then would give a show a time slot home so you could find it every week.

Ok, the pills have kicked in...my anti-televison-network-establishment rant is over for now.

I'm glad there's a new B5 movie coming out with Galen. I always like him and the captain the best. Thanks for the heads up and the article link.
                              "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                              it has it's own laws and beats about things
                              which the intellect scorns."
                              - Mark Twain -

Comment

Working...
                              X