• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/Sanctuary - GateWorld: Amanda Tapping Video/Audio Interview

At GateWorld:

NEW FRONTIER

GateWorld talks with Amanda Tapping

One hundred interviews is quite a milestone for GateWorld co-editor David Read, and he is pleased to make Amanda Tapping his interview for the century mark!

With the character of Helen Magnus in development for three years, Tapping is eagerly paving the way for the role in Season Two of Sanctuary. But as an Executive Producer for the series she is taking in far more than just Magnus -- she is learning what it means to be a show runner.

GateWorld talks about this ongoing journey, as well as Amanda's recent charity work, the trip to the Arctic for Stargate Continuum, and her hopes of returning as Samantha Carter in the upcoming Stargate movies!

The interview runs 33 minutes, and is available in video, audio, and transcript form! The video version requires QuickTime, but it is is also available in Flash format at GateWorld Play.

For the audio version you can listen online at your leisure, or download it to your MP3 player.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

i tried watching the vid, but it's in bad shape. i'm d/ling it again to give it another try.

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      i tried watching the vid, but it's in bad shape. i'm d/ling it again to give it another try.

i'm having troulbe too but the audio version is working well for me .

i have to say i've never watched Sanctuary but i'm thinking of looking into it after listening to this interview.

i didn't realize so much goes into making this series
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post

i have to say i've never watched Sanctuary but i'm thinking of looking into it after listening to this interview.

someone suggested watching the vid from 'here', so try this link.

http://www.gateworld.net/video/index.shtml

it cleans up the vid probs great!
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the video... I'm so excited about season two! (and have to wait for MONTHS! aaaghh!)

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post

I hope you do give it a try. The cast and crew really love working on Sanctuary and work very hard to bring it to us. I, for one, love the end product.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
              At GateWorld:

NEW FRONTIER

GateWorld talks with Amanda Tapping

One hundred interviews is quite a milestone for GateWorld co-editor David Read, and he is pleased to make Amanda Tapping his interview for the century mark!

With the character of Helen Magnus in development for three years, Tapping is eagerly paving the way for the role in Season Two of Sanctuary. But as an Executive Producer for the series she is taking in far more than just Magnus -- she is learning what it means to be a show runner.

GateWorld talks about this ongoing journey, as well as Amanda's recent charity work, the trip to the Arctic for Stargate Continuum, and her hopes of returning as Samantha Carter in the upcoming Stargate movies!

The interview runs 33 minutes, and is available in video, audio, and transcript form! The video version requires QuickTime, but it is is also available in Flash format at GateWorld Play.

For the audio version you can listen online at your leisure, or download it to your MP3 player.
              Awesome, hilarious, wonderful Amanda interview . I loved it from beginning to end, it was great having it be a vid interview too, Amanda looked so freaking stunning and awesome .

[SPOILERS]I loved how Amanda high fived David and called him a rock star for reaching his milestone, that was so cute. It would have been cool to see Amanda interview him, but not as much fun. HEHE I'm glad to hear that Amanda's having fun filming S2, and I she seems to be happy at where things are, and I'm glad she feels she's closer to MW and DK now more than ever. But she did say again that it's still hard to find them money to make the show, since they don't have a big studio backing them, but hopefully they'll make some big bucks when the DVD's come out. It was great Amanda hearing some positive feedback from Amanda about the show, it's great to hear that it's doing great in the ratings over at SyFy and other places, and I had no idea the show is viewed in 50 countries . And yay, Sanctuary is gonna be on the Space network, which means more Canadians will be able to see it. *YAY*

Like David, I knew the show would be a hit, and that it'd be successful, but I had no idea it'd become a big hit like this so fast, I was still hoping. YAY for Amanda . It's nice again to hear that a lot of their own money went into the show, just another reason that makes Amanda so cool , and her "lalala" at 04:08 was so cute, and so Amanda *sigh*. Like Amanda, I'm also stoked about seeing more creatures in S2, and and I'm happy to hear Amanda finally taking pride in her work and saying that S2 will be better than last year . I am happy to hear that Alan McCullough and Sarah Cooper will be joining the show, I liked their work on SG-1 and Atlantis. I really liked what Amanda had to say about what they'd like to do with Helen in S2, and I'm glad they didn't make her too much like Mary Poppins HEHE. I loved how David made a reference to Amanda's famous "I wanna be funny" line, and I'd love to see more fun in Helen, but I like her the way she is now. OMG I can't believe David asked her about Stuck . I loved her face when she asked him, and I'm sure that once he see's it, they'll have a lot to talk about . I'm glad to hear that Amanda enjoyed working on the movie, and I had no idea she has a copy of it, I wonder how many times she watches it . And it's great to hear that she got the copy from a fan, makes you more aware of what fans do for her. *YAY*

I'm glad that David made her talk about filming in the Arctic again, I've already heard her talk about it a lot, but this time I heard some new stuff, it was really funny hearing Amanda talking about radioing the ice camp, and she started going a little crazy there around when she said "Hello" . I loved Amanda's attitude about filming in the Arctic, and she's right, when you do something that amazing, you shouldn't be a jerk or a creep, you should embrace something like that, Amanda did, and she had a great time, and that's why the people there liked working with her. Btw, she got a little crazy again at 11:50, HEHE. Btw, who did she say "Hi, thank you" too at 11:06 in the interview too? I had no idea Amanda had to use wipes and stuff to clean herself up since there weren't any showers up there, I'm sure Amanda didn't make-up though. And damn, she went crazy again at 13:00 . I didn't know Amanda kept a journal about her time in the Arctic, I wonder if she'll ever share it online or something. It was a cool to hear about Amanda's fears about filming up there, and yeah, I'd be nervous to after hearing the things she talked about. Btw, what was up with the "peace" sign Amanda gave to the camera? Poor Amanda, all her things were frozen, but at least she turned pro afterwards. *YAY* I didn't know that Amanda left the day Olivia turned 2, I could see Amanda looked a little down when she said that, but I'm happy to hear that David couldn't get a hold of Amanda the day before cause Amanda was spending the day with Olivia . I liked Amanda's answer to what we'd expect in S2 with Helen, the creatures, and what happens in the S2 opener. It sounds big *Yikes*. I also LOVED her balling Damian out! 'No respect, Damian Kindler'. That was so freaking funny the way she called him a kid and the way she said "whatever", she was acting all tough and mean and like she's all that .

OMG, one thing I loved SO much, was finally getting confirmation that it really was in fact, Amanda and Olivia in the opening credits . I'm glad Amanda thought it was something cool for her, what Amanda feels is best, is what's right. Besides, we all know Amanda knows what's she doing. But how SUPER sweet was Amanda for saying Olivia's a better actress than she is? I like to see a flashback of young Ashely or something, and Olivia playing her, just like Amanda said. I ALWAYS love it when Amanda says things like that, because it's some of the MOST beautiful, MOST human things she can say, things like that actually make me "Aww". Words of a great mom right there . It's really good to hear that they've got more money and time this year for they show, I remember how crazy it was last year, I'm glad that won't be the case this year. And again, it's good to hear Amanda saying she proud of the show. *Smiles*

It's AWESOME to hear that Amanda will be directing an episode of Sanctuary, the last time she directed anything was like 6 years ago in S7 of SG-1. So yeah, I'll definitely keep on eye out for episode 6. IMO, David was saying what we-- at least what I was thinking when he said, "they all believe in you." That's how I'm sure a lot of us feel about her as an actor, and director and many other things. It was cute to hear Amanda mention the Q&A, and it's also great to hear again that Amanda always know when to leave work and work, and not bring it home. I felt for Amanda when she said she doesn't have lunch because she's always busy, that's like me at work, I'm always on my feet, so I have even more respect for her for that.

I'm proud to hear that Amanda will become a board member for her own charity, Waterkeeper Alliance, and it's great to hear that she'll be in a new movie, really looking forward to that. And it's very reassuring that she definitely plans to be in SG-1 movie, and I hope it's a big part *YAY*. As for her part in the Atlantis movie, I hope it's more than just a cameo, but the SG-1 movie is what matters the most. I'm really happy to hear that she wants to be real blonde for the 3rd movie, and not wear some wig. I know she said she can't go pure blonde for the movie, and that she may cut it a bit, but I'm just glad it'll be real and not some wig. If it looks anything like it did during the hiatus, than it'll be good .

It's kinda hot hearing Amanda say she feels sexy with the dark hair and in the leather *ooooooooh* . But yeah, she does look REALLY hot in this clip . I really like her "Sanctuary for Kids" idea, I think it's great and I think it'll do a lot of good. It's great to see Amanda using her power for good instead of for evil, HAHAHAHA. It was sweet to hear her talk a bit about how much money she made for that little school, and if she can do that with 1 school, imagine what she can do with all the charities. Yikes I had no idea Amanda's dog was 110 pounds, yikes. And how cute was Amanda to end the interview by waving to the camera like that?

Well folks, that was my review for Amanda's lastest GW interview, I know it was long, and I'm sorry. HEHEHE

Comment

Working...
              X