Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien Movies Prequel (Prometheus) : News/Speculation/Discussion

Ridley Scott to make 'Alien' prequel?

20th Century Fox co-chairman Tom Rothman has hinted that Ridley Scott may revive the Alien franchise.

Speaking to IESB.net at Wolverine's US premiere, Rothman appeared to confirm rumours that Scott, who helmed the first Alien movie in 1979, is considering making a prequel.

"There's been some talk," said Rothman. "Ridley is right now working on Robin Hood, but I think he's toying with the idea and that would be great for us.

"I mean, it's always been a matter of, really, if you can get the originator to do it that would be the greatest thing, so I've got my fingers crossed, all of them."

Alien spawned three sequels before leading into crossover series Alien Vs. Predator. The films have taken more than $850 million at the worldwide box office

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...n-prequel.html

It'd be interesting to see where Scott could go with a prequel to Alien. I can't see the crew of the Nostromo being involved as they would still be in stasis somewhere in deep space.

I can only see it being about the fossilised Space Jockey in the derelict, or the aliens home world. Ah but then, as much as I've always wanted to know more about the origins of this creature and why the alien pods were on board, I think it's better if he remains a mystery.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

A prequel? Really? I'd rather see him make a sequel to Blade Runner.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I would have to hear more about this prequel before judging it one way or the other.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i could be about how weyland yutani discovered the aliens.
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Prequel? nah. i wanna see a film about open warfare with the critters, much like in the praphic novels. Like Earth war, nighmare assylum etc. They were awesome. That is what 3 should have been. And the AVP films? should have been in Ripley's time, and once again, open warfare. Lines of Colonial Marines, moving over devastated colonies, mowing down swathes of aliens until......they pass by a hole in the ruins and then all hell brakes loose. Slaughter on both sides! SSTs with acid blood! platoons of fodder androids charging in and fighting until they have been rended sooo many times they can't move. THAT would be a film to go and see
            sigpic
            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
              Prequel? nah. i wanna see a film about open warfare with the critters, much like in the praphic novels. Like Earth war, nighmare assylum etc. They were awesome. That is what 3 should have been. And the AVP films? should have been in Ripley's time, and once again, open warfare. Lines of Colonial Marines, moving over devastated colonies, mowing down swathes of aliens until......they pass by a hole in the ruins and then all hell brakes loose. Slaughter on both sides! SSTs with acid blood! platoons of fodder androids charging in and fighting until they have been rended sooo many times they can't move. THAT would be a film to go and see
              I can't really argue with that.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                I can't really argue with that.
                Whhaaaay. Go me. hahah.
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I'd love to see it, as long as it's better than the AVP2 which was a total failure..
                  "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Hitchhiker View Post
                    I'd love to see it, as long as it's better than the AVP2 which was a total failure..
                    AVP and AVP2 should have been set in Ripley's time. None of this now mince. Predator works in humanities future......it's established in film AND graphic novel they have been coming here for centuries. ALien on the other hand was only encountered in the future(let's not remember AVP just now, read the graphic novels)

they could ahve made a film of AVP the game, or one of the novels. EASILY. and it would have worked.

But even just Alien, without the awesome dreadlocked hunter of death, could benifit from a look at the graphic novels. OPEN WAR, I tells you.
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Hitchhiker View Post
                      Personally, I didn't see Requiem as a total failure.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I did. It was rubbish.
                        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

It was, except in the elements of - Pred home world, the emergence of Yutani............and now I'm struggling. Alot.

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                          I did. It was rubbish.
                          It was. it was too dark, putting it in a Canadian town (yeah, I know it was meant to be the US) in the middle of nowhere failed, and the directors, in the commentary(yeah, I bought the DVD. How daft) said that they thought throwing gore on it would make scenes better, killing pregnant women, young boys etc. Really, they wanted a gore fest with Aliens in the title.
                          And as we all know, Alien/Pred fans do not expect mindless blood. Alien 1 had one bloody death scene. Aliens had maybe 2, if we include Ferro blood across the windshield, Alien 3 had the birth of the alien and then maybe clements death.
                          Resurection had 1 or two max - the general, stefero and the escape pod, if u count blood across the windshield

Predator had the skinned bodies, mac's head and billies skull, but they were soaked in it, it was breif glances.

Pred 2 had a few druggies getting wiped out. a brief glimpse of bill paxton getitng shredded and keyes getting sawn in half.

There was no need for it in AVP2!!! It was too dark to see anything, and what u DID see was sooo gore splattered u couldn't see the action! AVP one was awesome in comparison!
                          Last edited by Stewart5; 13 May 2009, 03:47 AM.
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                            I will second that - my type of movie!
                            ---------------------
                            sigpic
                            Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Scotts, Rinsch to revive 'Alien'?

20th Century Fox will reportedly revive its Alien franchise with original director Ridley Scott overseeing the project.

According to website Bloody Disgusting, Scott, his brother Tony and Michael Costigan are on board to produce the new version. Carl Rinsch, a commercials and music video director who has worked for Scott Free Productions, will helm the movie.

No plot details have been revealed, but Fox co-chariman Tom Rothman revealed last month that Ridley Scott was "toying with the idea" of a prequel.

The Alien series, which established Sigourney Weaver as an A-list star, started in 1979. It spawned three sequels and two Alien Vs. Predator crossover films and has pulled in more than $850 million at the worldwide box office.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...ive-alien.html

Comment

Working...
                              X