Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading through all of the recent posts, I have come to this conclusion.

1. None of our wraith are AU unless we say so. For example, Eddie is real and SW has him, but since she made up the three AU Eddies months ago, they would only be considered true AU chars. I kind of posted earlier that the COH could be AU, but that was just to simplify the confusion. I didn't mean that the chars would be AU, I just meant that the "story" would be AU of the RPG, which would also be an AU of the real SGA series. Since AU's aren't popular, then just scratch that. This will not be used.

2. Instead, we all have real wraith. The COH and RPG is in the same universe, but it this universe is an AU of the real SGA series. This way, there will be no issues of our fun play being noncanonical with what Joe and Paul and the others wrote. The RPG is for roleplay with plot only, like traditional RPG's, but the COH is only for thunking and being silly. Kind of like a chat room?

3. Since this is just fun play, histories and accuracy will not matter too much. We can still use Ciannwn's website for background info for fun facts and personalities about the players and characters. It is just that continuity will not be too important.

Let's just continue with having fun, k?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post

i agree with you.
      tried to read the OOC for the last 3 days and i can't understand what's going on. ( sorry about asking, maybe your discussion is none of my business)

Comment

1. None of our wraith are AU unless we say so. For example, Eddie is real and SW has him, but since she made up the three AU Eddies months ago, they would only be considered true AU chars. I kind of posted earlier that the COH could be AU, but that was just to simplify the confusion. I didn't mean that the chars would be AU, I just meant that the "story" would be AU of the RPG, which would also be an AU of the real SGA series. Since AU's aren't popular, then just scratch that. This will not be used.

2. Instead, we all have real wraith. The COH and RPG is in the same universe, but it this universe is an AU of the real SGA series. This way, there will be no issues of our fun play being noncanonical with what Joe and Paul and the others wrote. The RPG is for roleplay with plot only, like traditional RPG's, but the COH is only for thunking and being silly. Kind of like a chat room?

3. Since this is just fun play, histories and accuracy will not matter too much. We can still use Ciannwn's website for background info for fun facts and personalities about the players and characters. It is just that continuity will not be too important.

The most sensible thing I've heard all weekend!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Sounds good to me, hon, too. I think this is the only fair way to handle it.
          sigpic
          Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

Originally posted by arelyss View Post
            i agree with you.
            tried to read the OOC for the last 3 days and i can't understand what's going on. ( sorry about asking, maybe your discussion is none of my business)
            Don't worry, it is just a minor disagreement about how the game and its characters should be structured. We have argued before and gotten back together. I hope things work out well like they have before.
            sigpic

Comment

Don't worry, it is just a minor disagreement about how the game and its characters should be structured. We have argued before and gotten back together. I hope things work out well like they have before.
              ok,i got it

Comment

Originally posted by Starry Waters View Post
                They YOU start role playing one of my characters (Eddie) during a Greek festival.
                Draygon was organising some of the events at the Greek Festival and her main one was Eddie performing in a play. These posts were made by Draygon, not me - you could have got your facts right by doing a search in the All Wraith Thunk Thread. Was she wrong to role play Eddie? No, because the AWTT is a public thread in the Characters And Relationships forum, not an official role playing game. This means that we couldn't have official rules about Borrowing and Worshipping so Draygon was free to role play any character she liked without asking permission.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=14703

*Eddie looks out from wings and waves at the nymphs and satyres in the back row, before being dragged back by a snarling Greg*

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=14709

Eddie's been rehursing all day So who's with SW
                *gets up form seat and makes her way backstage to check with Greg which Eddie he has in his cast (and when he plans to start)*

and decided that all wraith should be on automatic recall
                I didn't decide anything.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=14888

Off topic suggestion for this uber hive.

Nobody liked this idea so we didn't end up with automatic recall.

and started calling the thread the AWTT.
                That's because the thread actually is the All Wraith Thunk Thread.. The Uberhive was just an unofficial name. I thought referring to it as the AWTT rather than the Uberhive would be less confusing by the time it had ended up with Scottish Wraith living in a hill fort on the island and Hive 95 coming and going. And no, we didn't have a vote about Hive 95 turning up in the AWTT or Uberhive if you prefer to call it that. The AWTT is a public thread without any rules and TechnoWraith was at liberty to bring Hive 95 along.

YOu also went off and brought back an AU Todd. I didn't have a problem with that.
                Gabriel is an official SGA Wraith character who appeared in the SGA episode, Vegas, along with Spike. He is not my original character. Seeing as the All Wraith Thunk Thread is supposed to be about all SGA Wraith, this would include the Vegas Todd. He's nothing at all like your Todd and Draygon and Drco-Stellaris can role play him as well as me.

And it's always been about you having characters that are not yours.
                What are you talking about here? I somehow ended up with seven. Crockett has now been adopted by Isolde. Boris, game Ciannwn, Neo, Fred, Gawain, Shawn and Erik can now be role played by Draygon and Draco-Stellaris as well as me. Shawn has had a thing going with game TP. From the CO Hive section referring to TP's Hive -

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....5&postcount=10

Shawn also has secondary quarters in TP’s hive, which is now his second home.

Game SW also had a fun session in a CO Hive shower with Gawain not so long ago.

We have always just adapted and accepted changes that came into our fantasy world. That included the island, Boris' hive, Dray's wraith, Hive 95, etc. No one was ever forced to change their characters or denied their vision. That is the way it has always been. Until now.
                Does that mean you object to the idea of Draygon, Draco-Stellaris, Isolde, Mariellelita, PleiadesAltariel and WraithCat having a chance to give their opinions?

This is an official role playing game in the Role Playing Game forum. When it comes to how things are run for The Planet/Kenny's Hive/Boris's Hive role playing threads, everything is put to a vote. The new rules replaced the horribly messy original ones. The draft went up in OOC Chat for everyone to look at. There were amendments due to other people's suggestions and the end result got voted for. The rules which affect the CO hive are the ones about Borrowing and Worshipping. Nobody can Borrow or Worship adopted Wraith without their owners' permission since the official role playing game started and this includes Todd, Eddie, Steve, Greg and Bob.

We can all take our characters into the original thunk threads and role play them there if we like. There are no rules in the original thunk threads, though, because the ones about Borrowing and Worshipping can't apply in public thunk threads. Anyone at all could turn up and decide they want Todd, Steve, Eddie, Greg, Bob or any other Wraith who has been adopted and their owners wouldn't be able to do anything about it.
                Last edited by ciannwn; 25 May 2009, 06:49 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

So there's now another option suggested by Mar - don't bother with continuity. I'm guessing that TP and SW are going for this one so let's say it's got 3 votes so far.
                  sigpic

Comment

When I say don't bother with continuity, I mean the minor things that won't matter much in the long run. If Ciannwn and Boris go off on a trip, then that does count because it is a major event, so I can't make Karl magically find Boris on the Planet. But minor things can be overlooked, such as how Steve is alive or how any future fics may clash with what was said in the game. I think fics should not count as being any events in the game. They should just be fun cute stuff to look at.

I am not saying this to be mean to anyone, I just want everyone to be happy and to find a happy medium that everyone can agree on. This will help cut the confusion that anyone may have.
                    sigpic

Comment

You aren't the only one who can quote things Cinnawn.

You were insisting that my Eddie was not with me but was in the show. He wasn't your character to insist that he was anywhere!! Dray may have put him in but you were the one insisting that you control things and that I didn't know what my own character was doing and that I was wrong.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=14714

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=14715

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=14719

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=14720
                      sigpic

Comment

You were insisting that my Eddie was not with me but was in the show. He wasn't your character to insist that he was anywhere!! Dray may have put him in but you were the one insisting that you control things and that I didn't know what my own character was doing and that I was wrong.

I remember that incident too, SW - well done for rooting it out. Like I said this was before we all had to "vote" for whether of not we are allowed to say or do anything. It was the start of a whole raft of things then foisted upon us without any "voting" on it.
                        Hmmm... like I said, "democracies" are not always what they appear to be...
                        sigpic

Comment

I brought in a Sith impersonating Eddie because Draygon had been planning her play for a week or more and 'duplicate Eddie' had thrown a spanner in the works. Was I free to do that in the AWTT? Yes, because there were no rules then any more than there are now in any of the thunk threads. Would I be free to do that in this official role playing game? No, because there are rules.

This is the difference between unofficial role playing in the public thunk threads and having an official role playing game in the Role Playing Forum. If somebody wishes to role play another person's character they have to ask the owner of that character. If the owner agrees, he/she has to post an announcement in the OOC Chat thread saying that permission to role play the character concerned has been given to X and state whether it's permenant or just for a particular scenario.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                            I brought in a Sith impersonating Eddie because Draygon had been planning her play for a week or more and 'duplicate Eddie' had thrown a spanner in the works. Was I free to do that in the AWTT? Yes, because there were no rules then any more than there are now in any of the thunk threads. Would I be free to do that in this official role playing game? No, because there are rules.

This is the difference between unofficial role playing in the public thunk threads and having an official role playing game in the Role Playing Forum. If somebody wishes to role play another person's character they have to ask the owner of that character. If the owner agrees, he/she has to post an announcement in the OOC Chat thread saying that permission to role play the character concerned has been given to X and state whether it's permenant or just for a particular scenario.
                            It just plain common courtesy that you leave other people characters alone.
                            sigpic

Comment

Albeit reluctantly backed down - whilst STILL trying to tell us all what we could and could not do!!!
                              Oh and btw - that was YOU telling US what we could and could not do in the thunk thread, BEFORE the RPG was created, so you just contradicted yourself, Ciannwn!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X