Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
    What about Settling In?
    Yeah sounds good, thanks

Comment

I´m off to bed. Goodnight everyone.

Great story PA.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WraithCat View Post
        I´m off to bed. Goodnight everyone.

Great story PA.
        Night WraithCat, and thank you

Comment

I'm off as well. Night everyone
          If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
          sigpic

Comment

Night Dray

I'm out of the RP threads now and will be off to bed very soon too. Night everyone

Comment

Here's the first part of that fic I promised.

Spoiler:
              The Mer – Part One.

Skimming a stone across the glinting blue of the sea as it lapped foam-capped wavelets at the beach, Crockett watched it bounce, the trajectory perfect. There was a pile of similar flattish stones, glistening wetly, at his feet, the result of an enjoyable day spent beachcombing with Isolde. There was also some driftwood, which Isolde reliably informed him looked like a dragon, a beast Earth humans considered to be mythical, but he knew there were such things. He’d seen one once, a great scaled creature with wings the colour of a setting golden sun, but didn’t know what it was called. The collection also contained some beautifully coloured shells, the intricate fluting shaded pale pink, and a soft green, plus some rocks with lines of quartz, and a couple of very interesting fossils.

At the moment Isolde was arranging the small picnic they’d brought with them so they could have a snack before heading back to the Hippie Camp, so Crockett continued to skim the stones. Then, when he heard her call him, he picked up the treasures they’d found and placed them in the bucket full of water they’d used to wash the shells. A crab stared up at him, and waved its claws, bright orange, at him, annoyed its temporary home had been disturbed and scuttled under the seaweed they’d thoughtfully added to the bucket as somewhere to hide.

Walking up the beach to where his Worshipper was sitting, bare feet burning from the heat of the sand, Crockett grinned as he got closer to her. Her dark red hair, piled up in an untidy bun, had recently been given some rather striking blue streaks as a result of the spell they still sometimes got wrong... in a very spectacular manner. The inside of their tepee had gone both indigo and violet one night, leaving smudges of colour on both their skins for a while until they managed to put it right. There were fewer accidents of that nature now, but they were very interesting when they did happen, and the cause of a great deal of laughter.

Placing the bucket carefully under the brightly striped parasol, he flung himself down onto the ground, and stretched out his toes before resting his head in her lap. He could see the underside of her chin, and she looked down at him before bending over and giving him a kiss on the nose.

“Is that all I get, Iz?” he purred, accepting a ham salad sandwich, and taking a chunk out of it. “Goonph sangvish.”

She gazed at him with light green-blue eyes, and smirked, chewing on a sandwich herself. “Think yourself lucky you got that after soaking me, and putting that big, red-furred fluffy thing in our bed last night. It scared the hell outta me.”

“It’s really very friendly, Iz, once you get to know it, and it’s a Big-eared Flurzle, not a red-furred fluffy thing.”

“It tried to bite me.” Isolde couldn’t help but remember just how freaked she had been by the appearance of a strange looking creature with a pointy, twitchy nose, whiskers like a bottle brush, a stripy, ram-rod tail, and glowing pink eyes in her bed. Totally unprepared for something like that, she’d overreacted and lit up like a Christmas tree, sparks leaving her hands like she was a Catherine wheel on fence.

“You did sit on its tail.”

Giving him a poke, which Crockett grinned at her for, Isolde said primly, “Only because I didn’t see the silly thing.”

“And,” he added, teasing her unmercifully, “you frightened it when you did that fire thing with your fingers.”

Scowling at him playfully, Isolde murmured, “Keep it up and I might do that fire thing so your hair will flare up.”

“Isolde,” Crockett growled, pretending to be all fierce and Wraithy, “you wouldn’t dare because I’d have to be very angry.”

“Then I’d feed you some Happy cake, sweetheart, and everything would be all right with the world.”

Smiling, Crockett pulled her down for a kiss and, after stroking her face, he sat up and gazed out to sea, drawing his knees up; he felt Isolde sit behind him and wrap her arms around his chest, and her cheek rest against his back. Taking her hand in his, he was just so pleased to have his own Worshipper at last, especially one who was his soul mate.

As he watched the sea birds wheeling against the azure blue of the sky, their white wings flashing in the pure light, he pondered on something that had been worrying him lately. More than anything, he hoped Isolde would be able to help him with sorting out the Kraken and the mermaids.

Last edited by Isolde; 21 May 2009, 06:25 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

*comes back to the threads too late*

Night everyone.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                  I love it so far. Am looking forward to the next part.

Congratulations on inventing a new animal species. You'll now have to tell me where Big-eared Flurzles come from so I can add them to the Animals And Plants Guide.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm going to bed in a minute so TP's left the hive!!

Goodnight folks! TTYL *hug*
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Goodnight, TP.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow! Lots of fics to catch up on. The bad thing is I'm currently at work and I can't read them yet. Can't read them at home either because we're going to the cinema for the first time since months! Yay!

We're going to see Star Trek this evening so I won't be online tonight.

But I promise I'm going to read all the fics tomorrow!

Comment

Great fics, guys!
                          Here's the next one from TP's Hive... Ciannwn might have an inkling of where this one will be going!

Spoiler:
                          The Alliance (Part 1)

TP looks at the three of them sprawled out all over her bed… how could three huge dreadlocked wraith look so damned cute, she wonders.
                          Greg is curled up in a foetal position, his knees overhanging the edge of the bed and his dreads flung over his face, but she knows without seeing it that he’s smiling in his sleep.
                          Bob lies sideways across the bottom, one arm twisted up one of the posts, the other flung over his head, both head and arm hanging in midair off the edge of the bed, his dreadlocks brushing the floor beneath him.
                          Eddie, being Eddie, takes up three-quarters of the bed, lying spread-eagled on his back. Even in his sleep he’s flexing his feeding hand and muttering in that sleazily sexy way that only Eddie can do.

TP sighs softly. They merely serve to remind her of how different the wraith crew of her own hive are, the ones who have had virtually no interaction with humans other than as food. She wonders how her boys manage to make the distinction between humans for food and humans for play. Then she remembers a conversation she had with Todd a long time ago about humans and their food animals versus their domestic pets. She remembers how she had bridled at the thought of Todd viewing her the way she would a dog, albeit a much loved one.
                          But now she knows how very much more complicated relationships between wraith and human can be.

In the hush of early morning even the quiet swish of her room door opening sounds loud. TP looks back toward her bedroom, but sees through the doorway that all three are still sleeping soundly. She slips out quickly and silently pads barefoot down the corridor, heading for the turbo lift to the lower deck. As the lift descends she knows it’s not just the rapid downward motion that’s responsible for the disconcerting sensation in her stomach. The door swishes open with a sigh and her heart is hammering in her own ears as she steps out into the corridor of a fully wraith hive, un-modified by any human touch.

She jumps at the sound of a voice to her right. “There is no need for fear, my queen, even here,” Sethiroph says, emerging from the shadows like slow-drifting smoke.
                          TP squares her shoulders and composes her features as she turns to face him. “I am not afraid.” She says sternly.
                          “Of course not. My apologies,” Sethiroph says with a wry grin. “It is done?”
                          “Not yet,” TP replies, “But I have spoken with Queen Ellia. It will be done soon.”
                          “Good.”

TP senses the meeting is over but Sethiroph remains as if he is waiting for something. Suddenly dawning on her, TP says, “You may go.”
                          Immediately he turns on his heel and walks briskly down the corridor. She stands and watches him until she can no longer distinguish his form in the dim light, then looks all around her before almost leaping back into the turbo lift. When the door closes she sighs, realising she had been holding her breath all that time. She has to stop herself from sliding down the wall to her knees in sheer relief.
                          She wonders if she’ll ever get used to going down to the lower deck and if she’ll ever stop feeling like a lamb in a lion’s den when she does.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                            Great fics, guys!
                            Here's the next one from TP's Hive... Ciannwn might have an inkling of where this one will be going!
                            I think I do.

I also think I'd better get a fanfic index page started for TP's Hive.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                              Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                              Great fics, guys!
                              Both great stories, love them.
                              I´m looking forward to the second parts.
                              sigpic

Comment

Have to leave now. See you tomorrow when I can post more again.

Comment

Working...
                                X