This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megathread - Versus battles

In a battle between the wraith and the Ori who do you think would win?

The Ori have superior ships and technology but the Wraith have strength in numbers, and their life sucking ability. Personally I think that the Wraith may have a slight chance of winning, but becase of the Milky Way Galaxy's fight with the Ori, I think that the Ori have a better change of coming out on top.

What you you all think
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

I think if it was every Hive in Pagasus Vs. every toilet ship in the Milky Way then the Wraith would win...

Comment

We still have no idea how the Ori shield is powered. From what I see its powered from what looks like a mini-ZPM.

Comment

If it were all the factions of the Wraith with all the Hive ships Vs. the Ori in the MW, the Wraith hands down. The same way they were on the verge of beating the Ancients. VAST numbers.

: Green is Good.
        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
          If it were all the factions of the Wraith with all the Hive ships Vs. the Ori in the MW, the Wraith hands down. The same way they were on the verge of beating the Ancients. VAST numbers.
          There is one the other hand the ancients in the avalon galaxy could have become more advanced before they totally acended, hell for all we know the ori battle ships could be way more advanced than the ancient battleships in the Pegasus galaxy, even resistant against drones.
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

We don't really know enough about both of them to really make a very good prediction, especially the Ori.

I'm not as impressed with the Ori now as I was at first after the recent episodes either. It looks now like the only reason their ships seem so uber is because their weapons are really good at shooting down shields. The Wraith don't rely on shields for defence, they rely on hull armour that's a great deal stronger than the dirt and rocks that mountain on Dakara was made of. The mountain an Ori ship had to deathbeam a half dozen times to so to even begin to damage.

The Ori could still win but if they do it'll be because of reasons other than their ships hugely outclassing Wraith ones 1 on 1.

If anything the Wraith otuclass them, but mainly only because their ships tend to be so ungodly huge by comparison.

Comment

Are the Wraith ships THAT strong? I dont think so... we have never seen them in battle against any other ships then our own, we dont know how they would fare against an Asgard or Jaffa fleet. I doubt even Wraith ships would penetrate the Ori shields, maybe if they outnumber them 2000 to 1.

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post

The Ori have superior ships and technology but the Wraith have strength in numbers, and their life sucking ability. Personally I think that the Wraith may have a slight chance of winning, but becase of the Milky Way Galaxy's fight with the Ori, I think that the Ori have a better change of coming out on top.

What you you all think
                I beleive the wraith, The Ori and the Ancients are very Similer.

Comment

Has anyone thought that their wouldn't be a battle. They probably would become allies. The Ori would give them the planets that won't worship them for their feeding grounds.

To get back on the subject, The Ori would probably win because they are ascended like the Acients.

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post

What you you all think
                    If the Ori shield tech is similar to the Lantean tech, the Ori could get surprised by some nasty ZPM draining weapon of doom.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Freek View Post
                      Are the Wraith ships THAT strong? I dont think so... we have never seen them in battle against any other ships then our own, we dont know how they would fare against an Asgard or Jaffa fleet. I doubt even Wraith ships would penetrate the Ori shields, maybe if they outnumber them 2000 to 1.
                      Well apparently as of the last episode
                      Spoiler:
                      even late war Wraith cruisers are enough to "be too much for" an ancient Aurora class battleship with a ZPM on board
                      so in a nutshell, yeah, they certainly seem to be that strong.

Some of the bolts a hive fires have actually been bigger than the Ori uber cannon shots to. They just don't look it because the entire ship is so huge as well it tends to make the bolts look smaller.

Here's one that doesn't look small though.

It's true that the Ori shields are a bit of an unknown right now but in light of that thing about the cruisers I spoilered they don't seem like they'd be too huge a deal unless they're massively better than ancient shields.

Comment

Hmm, interesting. Still, the Ori have the number advantage in the long run, plus the fact that they have ancient knowledge and have been able to develop it for 1000's of years since the ancients left. Seeing how the Ori ships fare against Goa'uld / Asgard / Earth ships, I dont think we have even seen their fullest potential.

However, seeing that both their ships are basically stronger then what any other race has, I think a battle between the two races would be great to watch. In the end though, I think the Ori would win, thanks to their massive numbers, followers, supreme technology (not just in weapons) and the fact that they're well... ascended being, their priors would wtfpwn any wraith in combat.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Obviously the Wraith didn't manage to drain their ZPM, seeing as how they still have it functioning post battle. Hence, the damage would have either had to occur from a) the fact that the shield malfunctioned, or b) the fact that the shields don't defy the laws on conserving energy/momentum, which is why you still see the ship shaking whenever the shield gets hit. Shields historically do not cancel out energy, they merely disperse it, the same way that physical shields do in real life.

It would be roughly equivalent to putting a bunch of eggs into a steel can, and the throwing that can across the room. Even if the can (shield) itself is undamaged, the eggs inside (ship) are not.

Hence, the Wraith cruisers would not need to outpower the shields in this scenario (And obviously, they couldn't have short of malfunction, or the ZPM would be dead.). They would only need to shake the ship a bit. The other option is that the shields were malfunction, or that the ship simply ran out of drones.

The Ori main advantages her is that they can outrun the Wraith ships, meaning that they can drop in, shoot a few, and zip into hyperspace if they ever get damaged to recharge their shields. They also don't use expendable weaponry, like the Ancients, so they don't have to worry about running out.

Comment

I can't imagine the Wraith would win in a war between the two.

The Wraith only cull planets every so often, right? It seems pretty clear that's more than enough time for a Prior to convert a planet (or else a crusading army to conquer it). We've also seen planets with limited technology build advanced weapons technologies ("Ethon", "Crusade") under Prior tutelage, so it also doesn't seem that much of a stretch that Ori-controlled worlds would rapidly become militarized.

Hell, I can even see the Priors literally demonizing the Wraith to motivate people to holy war against them. After all, these people have a generations-inborn fear and hatred of the Wraith, how much of a stretch is it to make them the evil offspring of the "demonic" Ancients?

Rallying all of Pegasus into a holy crusade against the Wraith. Imagine that.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

and even in the prime, with the ancients at their full power (where they controlled most of the galexy) and the populations of worlds were BRIMMING.

The Wraith pushed them back over a hundred years, without really slowing down, because of numbers, now the entire pegasus galexy is not much more then a few low level or mid level civilizations here and there, because in the 10,000 years after the ancients left. how many cullings were there?

even the entire galexy militerized by the ancients wasn't enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X