PDA

View Full Version : Eureka - Favorite Character

Spimman
April 15th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Who is your favorite character from Eureka and why?

Spimman
April 15th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Mine is Henry Deacon.

Why? I love the Jack-of-all-Trades character in him. He has a good heart, and is pretty funny too. His memory of the alternate time line gives him and interesting twist of darkness as well. :ford:

RodneyIsGodney
August 23rd, 2009, 09:00 AM
Sheriff? Jack Carter.

Why? Because he's funny... and cute! Also because he's a fish outta water in the town of Eureka and I like that aspect, I can relate. Sorta.

DigiFluid
August 23rd, 2009, 09:35 AM
Henry, easy. He has that jack of all trades thing going on, he's funny, and he's pretty much always reliable for doing what's right regardless of extenuating circumstances or consequences.

Plus, Joe Morton is just a great actor.

Killdeer
August 23rd, 2009, 10:41 AM
I enjoy all of the characters, but my favorite would have to be Jack. It wouldn't be Eureka without Jack - the show revolves around him. Henry and Jo would be close runners-up though. :)

marielabbott
August 23rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
Ooo, a Eureka folder, cool! :)

My favorite would have to be Jack. He's essentially the good-natured, funny center of the show. A close second would have to be Nathan; I really love the snarky chemistry those two characters have.

Col.Foley
August 23rd, 2009, 12:51 PM
Jack Carter:D
Carrying, great sense of humor, good brains despite being constantly made fun of by his betters...the Asgard syndrome thing... and the ultimate fish out of water even after being in the town for three years!:D

TrueLordOfNetu
August 24th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Taggart has to be my favourite. Just a shame he seems to have gotten lost somewhere between seasons 2 and 3.

Zoe may have come in a close second in season 1 but I think she's changed just a bit too much since then.

Spimman
August 26th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I like the older Zoe and I'm really starting to like Tess...hope she sticks around and it isn't another tragic romance so typical of the SyFy channel...someone should tell them romances are allowed to happen every now and then.

Everlovin
August 26th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Henry is probably my perennial favorite. I like all the other characters, but they kinda rotate as to which are my next favorite.

Grifff
August 27th, 2009, 06:09 AM
i like taggart,jack and nathan which imo they shouldnt have killed off:(

Spimman
September 2nd, 2009, 11:58 AM
Yeah I was disappointed about Nathans death (not a spoiler) a little to begin with, but I have found I don't miss him that much and I think Tess is a much better character...if they can keep her going this well.

katjoy
April 2nd, 2010, 04:34 PM
my fave eureka character is jo... she is funny, she has spunk and she doesnt take crap from anyone...

cflat
April 3rd, 2010, 07:35 AM
I think my 2 top favorite characters are Jack and Henry. Other ones that make the top list are Zoe, Jo, Zane, and Fargo.

Quantum Cosmology
April 3rd, 2010, 01:37 PM
Zane - smart and funny :)

... and good-looking ^^

SGTB1991
April 17th, 2010, 09:37 AM
I love Jack Carter, which is wierd, because usually the main characters aren't my favorites. (I tend to fall for the sidekicks. :p)

I also like Jo, but only from around season 1 before she got all girly and sappy.

Rose "Snapjinx" McKnight
May 13th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Zane - smart and funny :)

... and good-looking ^^

Could not agree MORE. Plus he's got the bad boy spin. A close second for me would be Nathan. :( Still crying a little inside...

Copper4ever
May 28th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I love Jack Carter, which is wierd, because usually the main characters aren't my favorites. (I tend to fall for the sidekicks. :p)

I also like Jo, but only from around season 1 before she got all girly and sappy.

Yeah, Jo got all girly. Jack has got to be my favorite, just because I feel I can relate to him, but a close second would be either Fargo or Zoe. Fargo has that nerdy little way that is just too funny to ignore, and Zoe was/is bad-A.

myhelix
August 11th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Fargo: he is such a geek, in a positive way.
Sheriff Carter: Funny how he try´s to put up with all the super geniuses
Nathan: arrogant but I love his arguments with Carter.

Akamaimom
August 15th, 2010, 02:27 PM
My fave would have to be Jack--he's funny. I like funny.

But I also love the Cafe Diem owner (can't remember his name--bad fan!) and Jo. She's awesome.

And I'm not sorry Nathan is gone. I thought he was a supercilious jerk. Entertaining, but a jerk.

Everlovin
August 15th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Vincent is the one who runs/owns Cafe Diem.

poundpuppy29
August 16th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I just started watching this season and I love Fargo I started watching Warehouse 13 this season too and I loved him on W13 so i decided to check out Eureka on Hulu.com

poundpuppy29
September 5th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Who is your favorite character I just started this season and so far my fav is Fargo I always love the geeks though

poundpuppy29
September 8th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I can't believe no one has replied to this thread wow

SLBaum
September 8th, 2010, 10:34 PM
My favorite character is Jack Carter. I just love the way he reacts to things and his facial expressions. He is just such a fun person. I really like the entire cast of this show.

Everlovin
September 9th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Henry is my favorite. And now especially after his "date" with Grace a couple of weeks ago. Everybody else rotates around for second favorite. Kind of "Oh, I love Jack!" "Oh, I love Jo!" "Oh, I love Zoe!" Etc.

Akamaimom
September 10th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I Love Jo. But Jack is my favorite. The character is fun, but I have to give kudos to Colin Ferguson--his ability with physical humor and comic timing is astounding. What an incredible actor!

ajiva
September 12th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Fargo...

Spimman
September 13th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Mine are Henry and Carter

Can this thread me merged with the other thread just like it?

Captain Yesterday
September 19th, 2010, 02:49 PM
It's a tough choice because I like so many, but I'd have to give the edge to Fargo as my favourite character. Just love his clumsy, nerdy, funny character, and he has some great lines and moments. I'm glad they changed his character from the very first episodes, he didn't seem very likeable back then.

Akamaimom
September 24th, 2010, 07:53 PM
This is kind of off topic, but I was watching Speed tonight, and I hadn't realized that Henry (Joe Morton) is Keanu Reeves' Lieutenant in that movie! A very young Joe Morton. With a gigantic mustache.

Has anyone made a thread about Eureka actors in other shows/movies? I see a ton of people in Eureka that I've seen elsewhere. . .

Everlovin
September 25th, 2010, 07:30 AM
I've seen Joe Morton in everything!

Salli Richardson-Whitfield played Dreyauc (Teal'c's wife) back in S1

Colin Ferguson I've seen in CSI Miami and some other guest spots.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

davala
February 17th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I love Jack and Allison

Jack:Because he is so out of place there and he is a very likable guy
Allison:Why not?

losernerdfriend
February 21st, 2011, 09:14 PM
If I had to choose a character that's been there from the beginning, I'd definitely choose Jack Carter.

But I have to say I'm definitely loving James Callis as Dr. Trevor Grant. He does a really lovable American accent. :)

BigBear
July 26th, 2011, 02:58 AM
I love Dr. Edison. Bad for me that he appeared only in one episode :(

Girlbot
July 26th, 2011, 07:54 AM
My vote goes to Jo :D

aretood2
July 29th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Jo, Fargo, Carter, and recently Holly Martin :D

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
July 30th, 2011, 09:21 AM
i liked Dr. Nathan Stark (played by Ed Quinn). him and Jack carter were always my favorite because of their rivalry. like even though they bump heads from time to time they still respected each other.

aretood2
July 30th, 2011, 04:18 PM
i liked Dr. Nathan Stark (played by Ed Quinn). him and Jack carter were always my favorite because of their rivalry. like even though they bump heads from time to time they still respected each other.
I do kinda miss that.

Quartz
August 8th, 2011, 02:19 AM
I do kinda miss that.

I definitely miss that.

Carter's charming ability to connect the dots despite Stark's constant derision of him always amuses me. SARAH's also a favorite, right from the moment Carter asks Fargo about her voice. But overall, Jack is my favorite.

Everlovin
August 8th, 2011, 09:32 AM
*sorry I just have to* Jack/SARAH!!!

camelot7414
August 9th, 2011, 06:08 PM
My favorite's Andy. He's so funny, and Kavan plays him so well.:D

boo1234
August 31st, 2011, 02:21 PM
Fargo!

grimalkin
September 3rd, 2011, 12:51 PM
My vote goes to Henry, I often get the feeling that he's the smartest of the lot and yet doesn't have a gigantic ego, he's a kind soul and a loyal friend too. "Noble", somehow, seems to describe him best, together with being a quiet, down-to-earth, sensible and very, very good person. And he's not being idealized, he's also very human, and there can be a darker side to his character too, though his better nature always seems to come on top. He's got his flaws, he makes mistakes and pays for them.
There is some sort of intensity about him that I can't quite explain but I get the feeling that whenever Henry is in a scene, it gets a unique sort of depth, like somehow this man is larger than life. Of course, it might just be Joe Morton's charisma, the guy's just awesome...

Everlovin
September 4th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Oh, you said that so well, Grimalkin!

Zaany
September 20th, 2011, 12:47 AM
All the cast is awesome but favorites are Fargo/Carter/Holly and whenever Scagliotti does a crossover from WH13, then her :)

CompanionCube
October 18th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Jack Carter, and by the way, please tell me I'm not the only one thinking there's a little reference here, especially since Eureka replaced Stargate SG1 in its timeslot when it started airing. :P

Vashta_Nerada
November 4th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Henry/Jack/Fargo. - In that order.

DeliRicia
January 24th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Andy is my ultimate favorite character (EVER!) but I have to say I also love Fargo, Taggart & SARAH :) (and Claudia Donovan was just awesome in the cross-over!)

SGATwin
January 25th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Definitely Andy and Jack!

AlexanderD
January 26th, 2012, 05:37 AM
I've got to say my favorite is Fargo.

Lajanke
January 27th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Jo is my fave. I've not seen anything about next season so I'm still hoping she comes back.

Everlovin
January 28th, 2012, 07:07 AM
I've heard that Jo's coming back. She was on set for at least a few episodes.

Whytewytch
March 4th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I love the way Kavan delivers Andy's lines and the way he sometimes makes Jack do a double-take with them. Great chemistry those two have!

Of course, then there's Jo, and the way she and Zane trade barbs...

aintright
April 12th, 2012, 09:49 AM
"jack, jack, jack .... what can i say .... i have a thing for jack's"

:D

teehee!!:jack_new15:

Klenotka
August 26th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Jack, Nathan (and interaction between those two), Jo, and I also liked Grant. I think the cast and characters were all great and to pick just one is difficult. To have a show where you really like everybody is rare but I think I had a little problem with Alison, just for her "teacher" attitude but she made a great couple with BOTH Nathan and Jack, which is also rare.

poundpuppy29
August 28th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Fargo, Zane & Jo that's who I watched for

Thor2008
September 19th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Nathan Stark

Cate'sCorner
December 2nd, 2012, 09:43 AM
Well, it's hard to choose from such a great cast of characters, but Kavan's portrayal of Andy was so wonderful to watch. As whytewych has said, there was an amazing chemistry between Andy and Jack, and they made a great team.

Pretty easy on the eyes too, of course, and that never hurts.

:)

Cate

Everlovin
December 3rd, 2012, 05:22 AM
It never hurts that Kavan is easy on the eyes. :D

Cate'sCorner
December 3rd, 2012, 10:37 AM
It never hurts that Kavan is easy on the eyes. :D

Absolutely! Especially when he's wearing those adorable robot PJs!

Oh, and don't get me started on the dimples... :)

After Andy and Jack, I'd say my next favourite character would be Zane, who is also nicely easy on the eyes.

Okay, you're seeing a pattern here, right?

Cate

Everlovin
December 3rd, 2012, 11:24 AM
;) I think I see the pattern!

poundpuppy29
December 3rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
I loved Fargo & Zane that's who I loved

Nolamom
January 2nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
This was requested by hedwig

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Fun%20gifs/Eureka_New_Year.png

Cate'sCorner
January 5th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Oh, those are fabulous!!

:jack_new_anime07:

Cate

Everlovin
January 7th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Great job, Nola!

The Crocker Curse
September 18th, 2017, 11:12 AM
My favorites are Jack, Tess, and Henry

Az'ryel
September 18th, 2017, 01:06 PM
my fave is actually Sara, the house XD

Everlovin
September 18th, 2017, 01:45 PM
my fave is actually Sara, the house XD

I'm the strange one who shipped Jack/SARAH. I love SARAH

Az'ryel
September 19th, 2017, 03:24 AM
I'm the strange one who shipped Jack/SARAH. I love SARAH

Not strange to me :) SARAH is great, would not mind to have a house like her, apart from some minor excptions that is

Annoyed
September 19th, 2017, 06:39 AM
Not strange to me :) SARAH is great, would not mind to have a house like her, apart from some miner excptions that is
They're working towards it, with Google's and Amazon's toys. But if you ask me, before such a thing could be widespread, there would have to be serious legal restrictions placed upon the service providers to ensure the info picked up by home automation/information systems is not shared to any third party whatsoever. No advertisers, no marketing companies, nothing.
And with the political muscle these businesses have, I don't see that happening in the US anytime soon.

aretood2
September 19th, 2017, 03:59 PM
They're working towards it, with Google's and Amazon's toys. But if you ask me, before such a thing could be widespread, there would have to be serious legal restrictions placed upon the service providers to ensure the info picked up by home automation/information systems is not shared to any third party whatsoever. No advertisers, no marketing companies, nothing.
And with the political muscle these businesses have, I don't see that happening in the US anytime soon.

Yeah...no one is going to want to do that because $$$$

Annoyed
September 20th, 2017, 03:22 PM
Sarah isn't so far from Siri, Alexa and whatever Google calls theirs. But all depend on the Internet. And I would think Sarah required it as well. And I don't think they could have downloaded the Internet into her.

In order to behave as she did, she had to have sight & sound of most if not all of Carter's house.

Considering the intentional misuse of data we have today, let alone the lax security of private data (Equifax, 143 million people's info), I won't ever consider one of those devices. Heck, my main TV is a Samsung, and it's got this control by voice feature. Very shortly after I bought it, I pulled the back off it and cut the wires leading to the microphone and put an appropriately sized resistor in its place.
It's got a camera in it too, but that is permanently folded down, looking straight up at the bottom of my center channel speaker about 2 inches above it.

A microphone and camera with internet access in my living room?

Not in my lifetime.

Granted, I'm touchy on these matters. But I don't think the mass market consumer is ready for that kind of thing in large #'s

aretood2
September 20th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Sarah isn't so far from Siri, Alexa and whatever Google calls theirs. But all depend on the Internet. And I would think Sarah required it as well. And I don't think they could have downloaded the Internet into her.

In order to behave as she did, she had to have sight & sound of most if not all of Carter's house.

Considering the intentional misuse of data we have today, let alone the lax security of private data (Equifax, 143 million people's info), I won't ever consider one of those devices. Heck, my main TV is a Samsung, and it's got this control by voice feature. Very shortly after I bought it, I pulled the back off it and cut the wires leading to the microphone and put an appropriately sized resistor in its place.
It's got a camera in it too, but that is permanently folded down, looking straight up at the bottom of my center channel speaker about 2 inches above it.

A microphone and camera with internet access in my living room?

Not in my lifetime.

Granted, I'm touchy on these matters. But I don't think the mass market consumer is ready for that kind of thing in large #'s

Problem is...you can be super careful with everything. But your identity was still compromised if you are on Equifax...if not, it is only a matter of time before the database with your info is compromised.

Annoyed
September 21st, 2017, 03:31 AM
Problem is...you can be super careful with everything. But your identity was still compromised if you are on Equifax...if not, it is only a matter of time before the database with your info is compromised.
Which is why we need extensive regulations limiting what companies can collect, and how what is allowed is stored. Regulations with real teeth in them.
For example, Equifax should be required to provide Lifelock or similar for 10 years for every single person whose data was released.