• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Am Sylar (324)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON THREE
    I AM SYLAR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 324

Sylar's new ability gives him an identity crisis, making him even more unstable. Hiro and Ando hatch a plan to try and infiltrate Building 26, and Micah finds himself in Danko's crosshairs.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:14 PM.

When Sylar shapeshifts, why do his clothes shapeshift with him? That's lame.

Comment

Originally posted by drake122 View Post
      yeah that's really odd.

that was a pretty good ep. i'm glad to see micha again, i love that little guy, and now he's doing well for himself. i like that he's also got greta confidence, being able to talk up to sylar and stop himself from getting killed.

speaking of sylar, that guy has gone from scaring the ba-jeebas out of me to creeping me out. his mother!!! wtf!!! ok ok, so it makes a sort of sense for the story, but that's just odd for anyone. and it reeks of Psycho.

all the time during the matt scense i had to stop myself from screaming "daphne!!!!" has he been visiting the hatian, made himself forget her? it's just crazy and real bad continuity that he wouldn't even think of her.
      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
      "what?"
      *throat punch*
      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Well that rule out long range sniper tactic out of the how to defeat sylar guide.

The rest of our gang are capture, obviously part some angela has put togeather, they were all expecting it, apart parkman and peter and the Baby and his wife.
        Hiro is out of action, guesting the baby powers has side effects. Ando is now the power guy in the gange.
        Micah talking down Sylar was good. Sylar and his mother was excellent.
        We finally see that he has absorb incompatible DNA, like mohinder warned in the first season when he was studying peter powers, that absorbing incompatibel DNA was not be a good idea.

So the gang will all be in captial city next episode, who wanna bet that Micah and Angela got the goverment right where they want them to be . Micah would of been out of that building quicker than they would of got to him, he plan to meet up with Sylar and to manipulate sylar just.

I am still wondering where microwave kid is.

The demolecurisation powers, I was wishing was saw more of that, may be sylar using a arm or two.
        Last edited by knowles2; 21 April 2009, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know which is the episode where Sylar meets his father?
          sigpic

Comment

So why didn't sylar die? my only guess is all the shapeshifting has taken away that spot in his brain. Someone correct me if i missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
              So why didn't sylar die? my only guess is all the shapeshifting has taken away that spot in his brain. Someone correct me if i missed something.
              Or the healing powers simply evolve to the next level. We know the company could not kill Adam Monroe, and I pretty sure they probably tried sticking things in his brain as a option but it could also be the shapshifter powers, which he has been struggeling to get under control. I hope he never does get controle of them. Any how Micah knew more about what was happening to sylar than sylar himself, that what I got Micah expressions anyway.

Comment

Sylar having identity crisis thanks to the shape-shifting. Interesting physical and mental exploration of how shape-shifting might have unintentional side effects. This allows Danko to regain a bit of power over Sylar. But is this consistent? Or is this another retcon of Sylar's mental instability? His decision to go rogue again, based on some "madness", doesn't quite make sense in light of the gambit to hide in plain sight. But taken on its own, it's an interesting concept.

Sylar is still obsessed about where he came from, despite supposedly getting over it. Nice ties to the first season and Sylar's complicated relationship with his "mother". It makes a kind of twisted sense that Sylar would turn to his "mother", the woman whose approval he sought for so many years, in his attempt to find direction for his life. It's the remorse that doesn't quite ring true.

The irony is that Micah is right. Had Sylar gone down a different path, he could have been the leader of the metahumans and protected them from whatever threat humanity might pose. But given his issues, it's more likely he would turn out to be like a Magneto as opposed to a more enlightened leader. Why Sylar wouldn't take Micah's power seems a bit odd if he wasn't convinced to change his ways, however; he certainly wouldn't be squeamish about killing a child, after everything he did. It just seems designed to further Sylar's internal conflict. It is interesting to see, however, how Micah's influence pushed Sylar to take over Nathan's life.

But did it need to be the result of such a torturous path of mental instability? If Sylar was smart enough to play detective to find the shape-shifter in the first place, wouldn't he be smart enough to see the possibilities that the ability would present? One could argue that this is some attempt to rationalize the bizarre inconsistencies in Sylar's characterization since the first season, but it undercuts what could have been a more satisfying direction for the character, had his grab for power been the result of cold and clinical planning.

Similarly, Matt's journey seems a bit more complicated than it needed to be. Matt didn't need to meet with his son and consider the dream of getting back together with Janice to realize that he should be fighting beside his friends. He already had plenty of reason to do so in the first place. For that matter, has it been that long since he was head-over-heels for Daphne? Maybe a couple of days? Matt's journey in this volume has been a bit hard to track.

Hiro and Ando are ready to assault Building 26, but like so much else in this episode, the road getting there feels like stalling until the finale. And of course, the tension between them returns, just as they're about to do something important again. Ando has a good point about Hiro's attitude regarding destiny, though I'm not sure "fascist" is the term I would use for it. That implies that Hiro has a bit more power and control than he has over the situation. It might be closer to the truth to say that Hiro is self-centered, and doesn't like the idea of sharing the spotlight.

The confrontation between Nathan and Sylar is cut short just as things are about to move forward. I'm not sure why Sylar wouldn't have simply killed Danko long before now; from the look of things, the shape-shifting ability has trumped the one simple way to stop Sylar, so it could finally be coming. Hopefully, this will be only a momentary pause in Sylar's latest plan. If not, it would render much of what happens in this episode moot, and enough of it was filler in the first place.

Comment

Meh....
                  Like most of the episodes of late, the first and last 5 minutes are good, but nearly everything in between could be dropped. Sylar talks to dad and we think theres some resolution there, only to spend one episode with Danko gaining shapeshifting, then its crazy time with mom making the dad episode less important. Next week he'll have his stuff together making the crazy episode less important. It's the usual theme of "What's happening to the characters NOW is what's important, not consistency of plot or their history."

Comment

I was thinking the same thing last night. They really shouldn't have taken his shape-shifting to that level. The guy he stole that power from, to my knowledge, couldn't do that. Remember all the different outfits in that guy's closet? To dress the role of people he became.

Other than that picking at me the entire time, I enjoyed the episode. Well, mostly anyway. Matt totally forgetting Daphne kind of ticked me off too.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What's happening to Hiro is really lame, why doesn't Ando try to supercharge him? Stupid

Syler?!?!?!? Anyone seen the movie Psycho? Wow.

The Petrelli coalition is the only bright spot, but they better stop talking and do something.

This season has been pretty weak, my wife doesn't even watch anymore.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                        my wife doesn't even watch anymore.
                        It's called divorce

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                          What's happening to Hiro is really lame, why doesn't Ando try to supercharge him? Stupid
                          Considering that Hiro's nose was bleeding from using his powers, supercharging him may make his head explode.

Comment

Hiro is having a Brain Aneurism from;

Getting his memory wiped.
                            Recovering his memory and gaining the catalyst.
                            Getting his powers wiped.
                            Getting them turned back on.

I wish they'd stop dicking with the character and give him his powers back

Also Sylar's Norman Bates turn is interesting.

Comment

If you saw the episode where old horn rims spoke to his wife (when sylar was pretending to be her) You would of noticed the clothes she was wearing were the ones he was wearing when he changed back to himself. Im guessing he has evolved the power because he is more in tune with how things work as they keep explaining

Comment

Working...
                              X