Any chance at a Farscape Movie??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance at a Farscape Movie??

so we all know that there will be some webisodes coming out this year and im thinking if they do well,maybe scifi will back some dvd movies for it.obviously it will only work if they can get the cast back together but i think this good be a good way to not only atract new viewers,but also make them fan favorites again...since they seem to piss more people off than Fox these days.wat does everyone think?is it possible for much more Farscape in our future?

I would love the webisodes to lead to a new Farscape movie, or even mini-series. That would be great. A return to TV as a weekly series, that would be a dream come true.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

No. Sorry but if Stargate SG-1 (the longest running US Sci-Fi series) can't get a theatrical movie, then Farscape has no chance. DVD movies? I doubt it. They wouldn't rebuild the Moya sets just for that.

A return to TV seems more likely (they're asking for webisodes, so that indicates some interest in bringing it back)... we can only hope.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
        No. Sorry but if Stargate SG-1 (the longest running US Sci-Fi series) can't get a theatrical movie, then Farscape has no chance. DVD movies? I doubt it. They wouldn't rebuild the Moya sets just for that.

A return to TV seems more likely (they're asking for webisodes, so that indicates some interest in bringing it back)... we can only hope.
        Wouldn't that be so amazing?
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

i never said anything about a theatrical movie.but im hoping for the webisodes to lead to something whether its the return as a weekly serise(prefered of course!) or a new mini series or movie at least.anyone know when those webisodes comeout?

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
            i never said anything about a theatrical movie.
            I know. I'm just putting it out there so people don't get their hopes up for one.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I know. I'm just putting it out there so people don't get their hopes up for one.
              right..good call

Comment

It had one. It's called peacekeeper wars and it's awesome.

That said, I would love to see something new come from it. Farscape is one of my all time favorite shows.
                "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
                "Those who abandon the path are evil."
                "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

As much as I would like Farscape to return as a series or a movie, the only realistic possibility I see happening is the webisodes leading to another miniseries like the Peacekeeper Wars.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                    As much as I would like Farscape to return as a series or a movie, the only realistic possibility I see happening is the webisodes leading to another miniseries like the Peacekeeper Wars.
                    I'll take what we can get.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Considering that David Kemper, Rockne O'Bannon and Brian Henson all wanted to do a Big Screen version of the show, I wouldn't be so quick to squash the hope that some folks have of a big screen treatment.

It may or may not happen. But as John said...Hope, we always have hope (or something like that). Nothing wrong with hoping that a big screen treatment will happen. Nothing wrong at all with that.

Now if you hold your breath for it to happen...that's just wrong, cause well, you'll probably die (if you haven't already).
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Id be happy with being able to get legit DVD's for under 100 bucks a season
                        "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
                        "Those who abandon the path are evil."
                        "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

anything is better than nothing.if its a miniseries im happy,dvd movie im happy,big screen movie im happy....return as a series again im frelling fantasitc!!!lol

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                            anything is better than nothing.if its a miniseries im happy,dvd movie im happy,big screen movie im happy....return as a series again im frelling fantasitc!!!lol
                            Yep, that is about how I feel. Just as long as we get more Farscape goodness.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Yep, that is about how I feel. Just as long as we get more Farscape goodness.
                              yep need more much more....any idea who from the orginal cast is coming back other then Ben Browder??

Comment

Working...
                              X