X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek Movie Marathon on Spike TV - Jan. 17th

From The Futon Critic:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...41207spiketv01

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

STAR TREK MOVIE MARATHON- MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. DAY

Spike TV honors Martin Luther King Jr. Day with a STAR TREK movie marathon. Telecasts Monday, January 17 (10:00 AM-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

10:00 AM-1:00 PM, ET/PT -- STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE (1979, TV-PG) When a destructive space entity is spotted approaching Earth, Admiral Kirk resumes command of the Starship Enterprise in order to intercept, examine, and hopefully stop it.

1:00 PM-3:30 PM, ET/PT -- STAR TREK III: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK (1984, TV- PG) In a desperate attempt to save Spock, Captain Kirk is forced to illegally commandeer the Enterprise and fly across space in the face of a Klingon attack.

3:30 PM-6:30 PM, ET/PT -- STAR TREK IV: THE VOYAGE HOME (1986, TV-PG) In an attempt to save Earth from a catastrophic alien probe, Admiral Kirk and his crew go back in time to retrieve the only beings who can communicate with it, humpback whales.

6:30 PM-9:00 PM, ET/PT -- STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER (1989, TV-PG) The Starship Enterprise crew takes the ultimate voyage as they search for God and the mysteries of Cosmos, both believed to be found on the legendary planet Shakaree.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Fans of Joe Flanigan
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofjoeflanigan/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Wow. I'll say this for Spike, they're certainly not shying away from Star Trek. *has seen at least two Trek movie marathons on Spike in the past month*
    MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

What happened to the best of them all? ST:II? People are gonna be confused as to how Spock got on that crazy planet!

Comment

They really don't need to show 4 and 5.

They need to show 1, 2, 6 and Generations.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

The two best Star Trek movies they aren't even showing!

Let's all forget about Generations, they NEVER need to show that movie again.
          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
            The two best Star Trek movies they aren't even showing!

Let's all forget about Generations, they NEVER need to show that movie again.
            I always thought Generations, First Contact and Nemesis were great movies and in that order. I don't even count Insurrection as it just sucked over all. The Wrath of Khan is the best and only ST: TOS movie I can stand to watch.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

I don't think Spike has the rights to any of the movies past Final Frontier or Undiscovered Country, I'm not sure which.
              Rocky

Comment

They only recently got "The Undiscovered Country" away from Sci-Fi Channel. Sci-Fi still has Generations. I know TNT has "Insurrection".

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas
                  They only recently got "The Undiscovered Country" away from Sci-Fi Channel. Sci-Fi still has Generations. I know TNT has "Insurrection".
                  First Contact is played on HBO every now and then, and I have no idea regarding Nemesis.
                  Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                    First Contact is played on HBO every now and then, and I have no idea regarding Nemesis.
                    STARZ or ENCORE! has it. One of them. I always catch it on there.

Comment

Generations is great fan-fodder, but as a film its fairly lame. Same with Insurrection -- perhaps it would have bee a decent episode of ST:TNG, but not really feature worthy.

Comment

Working...
                      X