Hive weaponry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hive weaponry

Hive weapon blasts explode almsot instantaneausly when impracting on any ships hull. but is this really what should happen? I mean, if it was a plasma blast, which is super heated, why does it not melt the hull?

It has been shown on many occasions that the instantly explode, and i think this is a load of crap. All they wanna d is make osme explosions to make it look pretty, to get more viewers.

Sig by Draygon.

Originally posted by Dragon_Heart View Post
    Hive weapon blasts explode almsot instantaneausly when impracting on any ships hull. but is this really what should happen? I mean, if it was a plasma blast, which is super heated, why does it not melt the hull?

It has been shown on many occasions that the instantly explode, and i think this is a load of crap. All they wanna d is make osme explosions to make it look pretty, to get more viewers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKr1Zss3sOo
    I just checked the above video on Youtube and I don't think it's actually the pulses that are exploding but parts of the Hive's armor that are getting blasted off by those weapons, I could be wrong but that's how I see it.

Maybe someone should ask Joe Malozzi or someone what's actually happening to the blasts upon impact.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99g0frYXFr0
      yeah, but check that out. It is obvious it explodes in impact, which should really not happen.

It's frustrating sometimes that in perspective the writers and designers do not take hardly anything into consideration.
      The phrase ' the little things make a big difference' should be stamped on their foreheads.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

yeah, but check that out. It is obvious it explodes in impact, which should really not happen.

It's frustrating sometimes that in perspective the writers and designers do not take hardly anything into consideration.
        The phrase ' the little things make a big difference' should be stamped on their foreheads.
        I take it you mean from the shield impacts on the Orion?
        They look to just absorb into the shields at 1:47 on the video, not so much exploding then only when impacting the actual hull of the Aurora.
        Would kinetic impacts on matter not do that, or some reaction when the pulses hit an alloy?

Comment

If the plasma was hot enough than it would rapidly superheat and vaporize the hull causing an explosion, but who said hive weapons were plasma in the first place, they could be ion weapons

Comment

I think people just say plasma coz the blasts are a similar color to the Asgard beams and they're plasma, also I think Goauld pulses are plasma based so plasma's just a generic term used by fans to say energy weapon, you're right RubberJesus the Hive's pulses could be made of almost anything, I've always thought they were some kind of waste product produced from the organic nature of a Hive ship.

Comment

Yeah well, i just assumed which is usually a bad thing to do. Im not sure, it just bothers me that they instantly explode, no melting o the hull, jsut an explosion. I guess this all depends on what the hive shots are made of, so this cant really be discussed further.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Yeah well, i just assumed which is usually a bad thing to do. Im not sure, it just bothers me that they instantly explode, no melting o the hull, jsut an explosion. I guess this all depends on what the hive shots are made of, so this cant really be discussed further.
                I guess it'd be artistic license or how the VFX guys imagine a weapon impact of that kind would look.
                Explosions look cool when you get two Hives or more going at each other.

Comment

If it was a plasma blast and the armour of the ship was melted, then
                  surely the blast would have somehow reacted with the hull and obviously exploded.

Comment

Since the wraith blasts are "obloid"...my word for a distorted, elongated sphere...they cannot be DEI, directed energy weapons. They have to be some sort of capsulized energy that is released upon impact.

Now, how should they react upon impact? Not with a fireball. Maybe a blue exploding sphere of the energy contained, but not fire. Can they melt into the ship and then explode part of it? Yes, but there's going to be a second or so delay between the hit and the explosion...which would shoot out the melted hole by the way.

So yes, you are correct in saying that the weapon impacts are cliche rather than realistic.
                    Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Depending upon what the blobs are made of blowing up on impact might be expected. If the blobs are some sort of ion cannon then these ions won't make it more than a millimeter or so into the hull before they lose their forward motion (an alpha particle cannot fully penetrate human skin). If you dissipate obscene amounts of energy into a small spot on the hull it's going to "blow up" or disentigrate. It's possible if the hull doesn't disintigrate from the blast, the "impulse" from the impact could rupture that section of the hull and "blow thru". I guess it would depend on the hull as to which happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas240 View Post
                        If it was a plasma blast and the armour of the ship was melted, then
                        surely the blast would have somehow reacted with the hull and obviously exploded.
                        Maybe so, but OBVIOUSLY not instantly.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Tell us something we don't know.

The CGI people or writers have probably never read anything on relistic space warfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                            Tell us something we don't know.

The CGI people or writers have probably never read anything on relistic space warfare.
                            Don't suppose they'd read a guidebook if we wrote one for them?
                            Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Haha, they would probably interprate it as some new technobabble that some poor sod wrote in thinking it wil get aired

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Working...
                              X