This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement of the P90.

Does anyone else think the new series will mean the end of one of the coolest weapons. I say this because it has been apart of the franchise for nearly 10 years and it could be a little out dated by now. Interested in your thoughts.
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called
    sigpic

id love to see the G36 more or see an M4 or 2..just something new but have a few P90s as well

Comment

They could start off with p90 and as supplies dwindle have them less and less and maybe have to really on more alien weapons
      sigpic
      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
      Metal gear fan

Comment

The only reason I'd like to see the p90 die is so that I never have to hear that stupid sound effect they use for it again. If they change that, then I wouldn't mind if it was here to stay.

Comment

I don't see why they'd get rid of it. The P90 and its competitor the MP7 are the current generation of compact, armour-piercing automatic weapons.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I don't see it happening unless its been retired in the real world from being used in active combat. Apparently its really safe for the actors
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

It's because the cartridge cases are ejected downwards instead of flying all over the place, but other shows use different weapons so I doubt it would be that much of a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                The only reason I'd like to see the p90 die is so that I never have to hear that stupid sound effect they use for it again. If they change that, then I wouldn't mind if it was here to stay.
                The sound effects they use for the show are all wrong. They have an AK47 making a Mp5 sound and an Mp5 sound making a P90 sound...etc..

I like the Stargate Franchise for its relative realism, but they have to get the guns straight. Even the M60s sound like M4s.

Comment

They amuse me. The P90 is used only by air port police in the UK.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

All this talk about the P90 not sounding like a P90. What everyone needed to remember is that the rounds they fire from all their weapons are blanks, and as someone who has fired about 7 different types of weapon both live and with blank rounds, the sounds are very different. Generally, I think Stargate use the sound that the P90 makes when it fires blanks because thats the noise that is made when it fires - they might tweak it a bit in the SFX department but thats about it.

Weapons on TV will sound slightly different to how they sound in real life because of the differents in round being used.

Steve Hanmer

Stargate Omega

Comment

once the bullets run out. i can see them using enegry weapons
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think P-90s will probably be used in the beginning, but they have limited ammunition. So the Destiny crew will probably have to rely on some more alien weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
                          They could start off with p90 and as supplies dwindle have them less and less and maybe have to really on more alien weapons
                          How would they get alien weapons without any aliens?

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                            I think P-90s will probably be used in the beginning, but they have limited ammunition. So the Destiny crew will probably have to rely on some more alien weapons.
                            This seems to be a common thought of several people here so far, and I'd have to say that I agree.

Also, does anyone else remember something being mentioned about some of the military characters (I think Scott was one of them) not using the P-90 even to begin with? I know there is another type of gun that was used, I just don't know the name off the top of my head.
                            Sig by Pandora's Box
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                              How would they get alien weapons without any aliens?
                              I can say with certainty that there will be aliens It has been mentioned by several of the producers/show runners.
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X