Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible idea for what happens in SGUs first season.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible idea for what happens in SGUs first season.

*Spoilers below*

so from an interview with robert carlyle and a few others that i have seen post up here on gateworld's website this show is going to be slightly darker than the other previous stargate series and due to this there will be more death apparently.

so i posted a thread a couple weeks ago and had an idea of what was going to happen in episode 5 or 6 in the first season of SGU.

ok well it has already been confirmed that there will be a suicide in that episode but the question is who...so my original thinking was hey i will check imdb and see which person has only 5 or 6 episodes and i would assume it was them...well i checked and i came up with a few names but now i have a whole other idea of who the suicide might be.

ok so who ever said it would be someone on the destiny?? i bet one of the main characters family will be depressed and kill themselves because they will never see them again. i am thinking really like...the wife of someone....like possibly justin louis's character. i am not sure but thats what makes the most since to me.

what do you guys think?

Originally posted by Murdock View Post
    *Spoilers below*

so from an interview with robert carlyle and a few others that i have seen post up here on gateworld's website this show is going to be slightly darker than the other previous stargate series and due to this there will be more death apparently.

so i posted a thread a couple weeks ago and had an idea of what was going to happen in episode 5 or 6 in the first season of SGU.

ok well it has already been confirmed that there will be a suicide in that episode but the question is who...so my original thinking was hey i will check imdb and see which person has only 5 or 6 episodes and i would assume it was them...well i checked and i came up with a few names but now i have a whole other idea of who the suicide might be.

ok so who ever said it would be someone on the destiny?? i bet one of the main characters family will be depressed and kill themselves because they will never see them again. i am thinking really like...the wife of someone....like possibly justin louis's character. i am not sure but thats what makes the most since to me.

what do you guys think?
    It will be so extra who's only on-screen line was something like "Dr. Rush, heres that report/read-out/thing you wanted."
    The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
    Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

I hope you're right about one of the relatives committing the suicide, because it'd be so lame if one of the expedition would be like, "OMG!!! I'M ON A WEIRD SPACE SHIP AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON!!!" *shoots himself*

I feel like in dark shows, like Battlestar or Lost, that people will do crazy things, especially when faced with something that's really not that big a deal, or that one can get over if given time.

Comment

It could be an idea but I think it going to someone on the ship and someone we will grow to care about in the previous six or episodes. Episode fire might be extended to cover two hours which would push back the suicide. I must agree I am looking forward to the first of many suicides hopefully.

Comment

Id probably start offing people for no reason if i was trapped on a spaceship way far from home. Eeny meenie miny moe.

Comment

Originally posted by aweeasian View Post
            I hope you're right about one of the relatives committing the suicide, because it'd be so lame if one of the expedition would be like, "OMG!!! I'M ON A WEIRD SPACE SHIP AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON!!!" *shoots himself*
            It's actually more likely than you would care to admit. They "crew" is stranded beyond any hope of rescue. There is a very real possibility that they cannot even dial the Milky Way or Pegasus in order to get back.

In Atlantis, at least, the crew had gone with the expectation that they might not be able to get back, and were thus able psychologically prepare themselves or withdraw. Furthermore, there was always the possibility that they would find a ZPM, which would allow them to reestablish contact with Earth.

In Universe, however, they are cut off without warning, possibly without any hope of ever returning home.

Originally posted by aweeasian View Post
            I feel like in dark shows, like Battlestar or Lost, that people will do crazy things, especially when faced with something that's really not that big a deal, or that one can get over if given time.
            That is because real people do crazy stuff when faced with something that isn't that big a deal.
            "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
            - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
            - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
            - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

A main character might get offed.
              A pregnancy.
              Permanent disability of a main character.
              Alien infestation of a main character.
              Ship gets taken over by aliens.
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Working...
              X