ship banance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ship banance

I am working on a comparative study of stargate ship strengths: Think STAR WARS Technical Commentaries. Right now I am looking for an example of a typical Hatak (one from the later seasons of SG-1) compared to a Earth shipd. So far, all I have is 2 examples:
    A comment in season seven that [The Prometheus and our 302s] can give [2 hataks and an Alkesh] a run for their money, which Hammond agreed to.
    And the example in season 10 of an Ori beam weapon destroying a Hatak in a single shot, while one reducing the shields of a 304 to 50%
    I have to come to the suprising conclusion that a typical 304, if not 303 would defeat a typical Hatak, or that the Hatak weapons are much more powerful than Earth weapons, which were upgraded by the asgard.

Earth weapons are petty poor against sheilded targets as the nukes won't go nuclear on the shields surface but just break up (Nukes aren't pressure activated but need time to initiate the reaction and would need the shields to be detected before they can set the point of explosion).

Shields and engines are top notch though also the hull can take a fair pounding from an ORI satelite weapon which I think is less powerful than the ship weapon but still powerful.

1 Hatak(Heavy damaged) > Prometheus (Pre unending)
    2 Hatak(1 destroyed 1 heavy damage)> 1 304
    304 (Post unending) > 10 Hatak's ++++
    Atlantis> Pawns all (Except stupid super hive's that rule out all stargate law because of there stupid overpowered weapons that make me think why didn't the Wraith put there 3 ZPM's into 3 hives instead of the clonning facility so they wouldn't have to share there food with other Wraith flunkies)

Enough rambling
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

The Ha'tak that captured Thor were definitely capable of beating a 304. They obviously had decent shields to hold off Asgard weapon fire, and their energy weapons beat the 304s pathetic rail guns and missiles.

Also, some other Anubis upgraded Ha'tak beat off a Tolan Ion Cannon.

So many Ha'tak designs, yet they all look the same.
      Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
        The Ha'tak that captured Thor were definitely capable of beating a 304. They obviously had decent shields to hold off Asgard weapon fire, and their energy weapons beat the 304s pathetic rail guns and missiles.

to be fair, thor was in an outdated ship so it pretty much made his shields and weapons equal to that of anubises 2 ships i believe(i cant remember how many were there but im pretty sure there were 2) so it would be like 1 hatak being destroyed by 2 hataks.

and that episode was in season5(though at the end) and it was in the end of season 7 episode lost city where hammond agreed that promethius and our fleet of 302s could give them(2 hataks and an alkesh) a run for their money and since it was 2 years later i would be almost certin that he would have upgraded all of his ships so i think that a 304 would proboly have a pretty easy time with 1 hatak.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post

I think it is safe to say that the Hataks modified by Anubis were much stronger than standard ones. The series established that an O'Neill class ship was the best that asgard could do, and it fell to only two. Although we can not assume the Asgard fleet was impervious to Gould attacks. There would be no need for a treaty if the Asgard were so much stronger

Comment

A O'neill was never destroyed in batlle, not even once. The only one that got destroyed was the one that thor remote control self destructed against the replicators. The one that lost to anubisis hataks was a old beliskener. Considering that tealc said he seen/heard of that ship in jaffa legends, its possible that the beliskener is thousands of years old tech. And the treaty was their because the asgard were at war with the replicators and didnt have ships to spare, while the gould controled most of MW, which is huge.

As for anubisis hataks, its possible, even likely that only those 2-3 hataks seen in battle were upgraded and/or they could have been specificly designed to fight the asgard and tollan weapons and defenses. Thats because a. anubis was very much interested in asgard tech, when he captured thor, tech that he wouldnt need if he already had superior tech on all his ships; and b. while he beat a single asgard ship, the rest of his fleet was losing to a single system lords yus forces.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Working...
            X