Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis - 2009 Leo Awards - 17 Nominations!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - 2009 Leo Awards - 17 Nominations!

At the 2009 Leo Awards:

STARGATE ATLANTIS - 17 Nominations

Program - Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie, Brad Wright, Robert Cooper,
    Carl Binder, Martin Gero, Alan McCullough, John Smith
    - Producers

Direction - Robert Cooper "Vegas"

Screenwriting (3) - Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie - "Remnants," Brad Wright - "The Shrine," Alan McCullough - "The Queen"

Cinematography (2) - Michael Blundell - "Vegas," Jim Menard - "The Shrine"

Picture Editing (2) - Mike Banas - "Vegas," Brad Rines - "The Shrine"

Overall Sound - Kelly Cole, Bill Mellow, Joe Watts, Hugo De Le Cerda, Kevin
    Belen
    - "Enemy at the Gate"

Sound Editing - Steve Smith, Matthew Wilson, Kirby Jinnah, Jay Cheetham - "Enemy at the Gate"

Production Design - James Robbins - "Search and Rescue"

Costume Design - Valerie Halverson - "The Queen"

Make-Up - Todd Masters, Holland Miller, Kyla-Rose Tremblay, Nicholas Podbrey, Brad Proctor -"Vegas"

Visual Effects - Mark Savela, Shannon Gurney, Kodie MacKenzie, Vivian Jim, Dan Wier - "First Contact"

Lead Performance - Male - David Hewlett - "The Shrine"

Lead Performance - Female - Jewel Staite - "Tracker"

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

How about Rachel Luttrell in the Queen?

Good for David
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I am glad Joe got a nod for Remnants. That was one of his better written scripts, imo.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        I am glad Joe got a nod for Remnants. That was one of his better written scripts, imo.
        i had to look up the ep but yes i agreee
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Very nice and well deserved.

Congratulations to all who were nominated.

I hope that SGA wins awards for several, (if not all ) of the nominations.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          I agree Brian.

Comment

if sga wins a lot of awards it will be egg on the face of MGM
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Nothing for Flanigan in Vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                Nothing for Flanigan in Vegas?
                Leo nominees have to be Canadian citizens or full-time residents of British Columbia. Since Joe is neither, he is not eligible.

The same thing happened with SG-1. RDA never got nominated because he is a U.S. citizen whose primary residence is the U.S. The same restrictions applied to Ben Browder, Claudia Black, and Jason Momoa as well.

Comment

From David Hewlett's Twitter:

A Leo nomination?! I'm not even eligible...I am SO disqualified!about 6 hours ago from web

The Leos are the British Columbia film and tv awards...I just let them know that my nomination is a sham...me not residing in BC and all!about 1 hour ago from web
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                    From David Hewlett's Twitter:

A Leo nomination?! I'm not even eligible...I am SO disqualified!about 6 hours ago from web

The Leos are the British Columbia film and tv awards...I just let them know that my nomination is a sham...me not residing in BC and all!about 1 hour ago from web
                    I think he actually might be eligible since he is a Canadian citizen and lived in BC at one time. I'm not sure when he moved to Washington, but if he lived and worked in BC during the 12 months prior to production, he should be okay. Although, they might eliminate him if he lived in Washington during those 12 months.

From the Leo rules:
                    It must be demonstrated that the directing mind and control of the creative and financial aspects of the Program rest with British Columbia based individuals, defined as someone who is a Canadian citizen or has permanent residence status, and has maintained a residence in British Columbia for the 12 months preceding commencement of principal photography of the Program entered for adjudication. Programs can only be entered in one (1) Program category.
                    It would be a shame if he was eliminated since it was an amazing performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                      Leo nominees have to be Canadian citizens or full-time residents of British Columbia. Since Joe is neither, he is not eligible.

The same thing happened with SG-1. RDA never got nominated because he is a U.S. citizen whose primary residence is the U.S. The same restrictions applied to Ben Browder, Claudia Black, and Jason Momoa as well.
                      Thanks for clarifying. I was about to ask about Hewlett then but I see Lythisrose has already posted on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                        I think he actually might be eligible since he is a Canadian citizen and lived in BC at one time. I'm not sure when he moved to Washington, but if he lived and worked in BC during the 12 months prior to production, he should be okay. Although, they might eliminate him if he lived in Washington during those 12 months.

From the Leo rules:

It would be a shame if he was eliminated since it was an amazing performance.
                        I don't know when he moved to Washington, but I'm pretty sure he was already living in Washington 12 months prior to season 5 production, because David Hewlett said once that he was very tired one day after work and they guy in the border asked him if he was OK, looking concerned, and David was like "what's the problem?". Only after he was almost home he realized he was still wearing the make-up with the fake cuts. This was while filming Adrift. So he's been living in Washington since at least the start of season 4's production (that is February 2007, right?).
                        I don't remember where he said this. It could be a convention, an interview or his site...

Comment

It was my understanding that Hewlett just moved to LA. I could be wrong.

Comment

On the awards website, his name has been removed, so I guess he was correct, he didn't qualify.
                            sigpic

Comment

He was already living in Washington State 12+ months befor filming, so yeah, I guess that's why he's removed. ;_;

Season five was filmed in 2008. In 2006 he did ADB, which he wanted to shoot at his home in WA but couldn't get the permit for (or something.) Thus he already was living in WA.

Comment

Working...
                              X