This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti Sheppard/Weir Ship thread

I do not get to see the new eps until January but considering all the posts saying plenty of Weir&Shep shipper moments I'm thinking it is not worth watching SGA anymore since watching Shephard being emasculated by a woman who looks too old for him is too weird for me
    {Mod Snip} Sorry but I'm not interested in watching Shep & Weir or any hints thereof ..
    {Mod Snip}keep Shep free but please no Shep&Weir crap to barf about either .....

Pamela

{Mod Insert}
    This has been merged with the ANTI SHEP/WEIR thread and Has been titled as such. The Topic is Why Sheepard and Weir would NOT be a good pairing
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 05 April 2006, 01:16 PM. Reason: Mod Insert due to merge of many threads

I think that TPTB would like to avoid ship, but I am not sure.
    Rocky

Comment

The shipping between Weir and Shep really isn't that obvious, as much as we shippers might want to think it is. Also, I *definitely* wouldn't say that Shep is being emasculated in any way by Weir (at least through the episodes I've seen, i.e. through 'Sanctuary'). If anything, Shep is the one on top ().

Also, I think it's a bit mean to say that Weir 'looks too old for him'. She's not THAT old looking! She's still QUITE a dish if I do say so myself.

My take home point: there isn't going to be any obvious Shep/Weir shipping anytime soon, so you can take comfort in that.

Comment

I think they are just friends from what I can tell. I mean why can't a girl and a guy just be friends?

Comment

I'm not saying she is not attractive at all .. She looks too old for Shep but that's hardly an insult to Torri who I think is pretty & talented but looks too mature for Shep and looks more suited for McKay or somebody older ..

Pamela

Comment

im sorry to tell all of you weir/shep shipper fans but weir is engaged back on earth........but i guess that doesnt matter since she's in a diff galaxy????
            "Let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance"

Proverbs 1:5

-Mike

Comment

mike, what makes you think she is engaged? I didn't notice that anywhere. Definitely...seeing someone seriously, but how seriously I didn't think was mentioned?

Comment

sorry....i forgot that the engagment was in her mind......but he propose to her in that one episode where they went home....but then again that was an imaginary engangment....but that at least tells you they were serious
                "Let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance"

Proverbs 1:5

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mikeoftulsa
                  sorry....i forgot that the engagment was in her mind......but he propose to her in that one episode where they went home....but then again that was an imaginary engangment....but that at least tells you they were serious
                  Ah, no.

Comment

How can someone who looks like they're under forty possibly look too old for someone who looks over thirty? Personally I've no particular desire to see them shipped together, but I can't see "looks too old" as a problem. Even if she did look much older (which she doesn't) looks are not really important, personalities is what counts, right?

Madeleine

Comment

I don't think having a serious, potentially marriage-worthy relationship rules out Weir having relationships with others, since she does not know yet that she will even ever go back.

If she were engaged, that would be one thing. I don't know, at least in my head, that's a definite line, and since she hasn't crossed it, she's still relatively 'single'.

Comment

And why would Shep be "emasculated by a woman that looks too old for him"? Why should the man always be older than the woman? I know that women are more mature than the men their age but I don't see how it's emasculating for a man to be with an older woman. Actually, I find the whole idea rather offensive.
                        May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by SHEPHERDHOLIC
                          I do not get to see the new eps until January but considering all the posts saying plenty of Weir&Shep shipper moments I'm thinking it is not worth watching SGA anymore since watching Shephard being emasculated by a woman who looks too old for him is too weird for me Pamela
                          Pamela... seriously... "shipping" is entirely in the eye of the beholder... don't let the abovementioned posts put you off the show... I note that you are a fan of Sheppard and as it happens, so am I... but no matter what others have said, I HAVE NOT seen any "shippy" moments between Weir and Sheppard. People will see whatever they want to but it doesn't mean that we have to agree with them. Furthermore, making your judgements about how good/bad/indifferent the show is going to be, based on other people's interpretation about the relationship between two characters is akin to putting the cart before the horse. What about the story, the plot, the acting? Shouldn't those be more important considerations?

I don't think age is or should be an issue here. I just don't think Weir and Sheppard have that kind of chemistry... they have chemistry but just not the "gooey" kind. Trust me, our favourite major can be quite determined to have his own way... but you're not going to find that out just by watching half the season.

Remember, this is just the first season, give the show a chance.
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

First of all, I never thought about Weir being that much older than Shep. I suppose she might be a few years older but hardly enough to make me think of Shep as Weir's new boy toy or something. ( I don't even understand the emasculating thing at all so not going to touch that one!!)

Second, you don't have to "ship" for the couple just because there are some "shipper" threads on the board. I see an interesting relationship developing. A strong bond. A friendship. I don't really see anything romantic - at least thru the first half of S1.

I tend not to jump on board the romance bandwagon just because I see a glance between the characters that might be a little flirtatious. There are all kinds of interesting relationships out there - not just ones between characters who want to find true love or shag.

There's one thing I've learned about this fandom is that a lot of fans just want to find a couple to "ship" for. It's part of the fun of watching the show for them and they pick out a couple and start shipping from the first episode.

Others didn't set out to "ship" for anyone but truly see an attraction there and it interests them to talk about it.

I'd say there are a lot of other things to enjoy about the show. Sit back and enjoy them and ignore all the shipping. I've found it helps to just find it amusing. I'd be surprised if TPTB go down the shippy road anytime soon.
                            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                              First of all, I never thought about Weir being that much older than Shep. I suppose she might be a few years older but hardly enough to make me think of Shep as Weir's new boy toy or something. ( I don't even understand the emasculating thing at all so not going to touch that one!!)

Second, you don't have to "ship" for the couple just because there are some "shipper" threads on the board. I see an interesting relationship developing. A strong bond. A friendship. I don't really see anything romantic - at least thru the first half of S1.

I tend not to jump on board the romance bandwagon just because I see a glance between the characters that might be a little flirtatious. There are all kinds of interesting relationships out there - not just ones between characters who want to find true love or shag.

There's one thing I've learned about this fandom is that a lot of fans just want to find a couple to "ship" for. It's part of the fun of watching the show for them and they pick out a couple and start shipping from the first episode.

Others didn't set out to "ship" for anyone but truly see an attraction there and it interests them to talk about it.

I'd say there are a lot of other things to enjoy about the show. Sit back and enjoy them and ignore all the shipping. I've found it helps to just find it amusing. I'd be surprised if TPTB go down the shippy road anytime soon.

Kes, you put this very well. That's exactly what I do at least, and the majority of W/S shippers that I know.

So chill, watch the show, there isn't that much there, avoid the threads that you don't agree with.

Now the emasculation argument, well I'm not even going to go there.

Comment

Working...
                              X