X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Legend of Zelda : Spirit Tracks

http://kotaku.com/5183949/the-legend...ming-to-the-ds

Today's Nintendo keynote at the Game Developers Conference ended up bearing Zelda fruit after all, with the announcement of the tentatively titled The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for the Nintendo DS.

The new game, which looks to play a bit like The Phantom Hourglass, features dungeon maps on the top screen, gameplay on the bottom screen, and a bit of a fascination with trains. In the trailer shown at the keynote, which we will have available for you shortly, Link is seen acting as the engineer for a train with a cannon mounted on the locomotive.

Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_svfKgJES6M
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Any new Zelda game = awesome.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
      Any new Zelda game = awesome.
      your gods dam right
      looks way better then hourglass

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        your gods dam right
        looks way better then hourglass
        I liked Hourglass. Only game I didn't enjoy was Zelda II.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

For me, Twilight Princess created a new era for Zelda. One that isn't anywhere near as good as it once was. I heard Phantom Hourglass was actually supposed to be alright, but Nintendo are at the top and, as a result, have lost that determination to make incredible games and merely develop 'good' games.

They are at the top, meaning they can just milk their franchises of all of the money they can (which I believe was made pretty much clear as their intention with Link's Crossbow Training). I know the Wii's first few games (Super Mario Galaxy and/or Super Smash Bros Brawl, for instance) were awesome, but they were being made before Nintendo realised that their Nintendo Revolution was going to be as successful as it was. I guess these intentions have leaked onto the DS too.

Simply put;

I won't be playing this new Zelda.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I scared of DS games becuase I like the traditional button mashing instead of the stylus-using gameplay. Twilight Princess may be the last Zelda game I will ever play, I'm not a very big fan of the Wii remote either.

Comment

Frankly... I'm dissappointed. WW wasn't my favorite game, but I liked it OK. But then all these other games with the cell shade/chibi style? It's getting old. To me at least. The truth is, I'm not as into video games as I was, so it has to be a very good game before it catches my interest. Besides that, I prefer the more realistic animation style (like OoT and TP) over the cell shaded chibi style. And I don't really play DS games... Although, I would like to play Phantom Hourglass when my schedule and health permit it. But still... the premise of Spirit Tracks doesn't really grab me as "instant fave".
              Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Oh wow, this looks amazing. Personally I had no problem at all with the Windwaker, yes it wasn't the best game of the franchise but it seems vastly unfair to be comparing it to the other Zeldas as oppose to videogames as a whole. Phantom Hourglass on the other hand was perfect, I'm not afraid to say that it was my favourite one and a new game using these controls can be nothing but amazing.

On the other hand though...trains?! Here's hoping that Nintendo knows what it's doing.

Comment

I'm not a fan of the DS games, so while new Zelda is awesome, I won't be buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                    Oh wow, this looks amazing. Personally I had no problem at all with the Windwaker, yes it wasn't the best game of the franchise but it seems vastly unfair to be comparing it to the other Zeldas as oppose to videogames as a whole. Phantom Hourglass on the other hand was perfect, I'm not afraid to say that it was my favourite one and a new game using these controls can be nothing but amazing.

On the other hand though...trains?! Here's hoping that Nintendo knows what it's doing.
                    well hyrule had to industrialise eventually

i love the style of windwaker and phantom hourglass much more than the darker more realistic style of twilight princess

Comment

I dunno, art style doesn't really bug me that much, I did like the cell shaded goodness of Windwaker and I felt it very much fit the style of the game, Twilight Princess on the other hand looked utterly amazing I was especially a fan of the way things looked if they were "Twilighty." I sorta feel that cell shaded works far better on the DS's screens though.

So when do we think this games going to be set? As dosed150 said, the presence of trains indicates a more industrialised Hyrule than one we've seen before so I guess the question is is whether this is pre-flood WW timeline or TP timeline further ahead than we've ever seen before (This multiple timeline stuff is so confusing ). I've seen some people speculating that it's post PH but the way I look at the trailer seems to imply to me firstly that Zelda is a princess in a castle (Which is really not WW era Zelda/Tetra's style) and secondly the fact he's not wearing green on the train indicates that he starts off as a train driver before he becomes the hero, both of which imply this is a new look and Zelda.

Comment

i'm getting it

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          i'm getting it
                          OK, tell me how it is when you finish it.
                          Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

I loved Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, and I though both were extremely worthy sequels to Ocarina of Time (in fact, I'll be a heretic; if Hyrule had a logical population in TP, I'd rate it higher than OoT). But this just looks stupid... trains? Seriously?
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                              For me, Twilight Princess created a new era for Zelda. One that isn't anywhere near as good as it once was. I heard Phantom Hourglass was actually supposed to be alright, but Nintendo are at the top and, as a result, have lost that determination to make incredible games and merely develop 'good' games.

They are at the top, meaning they can just milk their franchises of all of the money they can (which I believe was made pretty much clear as their intention with Link's Crossbow Training). I know the Wii's first few games (Super Mario Galaxy and/or Super Smash Bros Brawl, for instance) were awesome, but they were being made before Nintendo realised that their Nintendo Revolution was going to be as successful as it was. I guess these intentions have leaked onto the DS too.

Simply put;

I won't be playing this new Zelda.
                              TP was the best yet...

I've never played any of the Gameboy/DS Zelda's and will probably not start now.
                              Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                              ---
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X