Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eternal (818)

Spoiler:
    DAVIS BLOOME'S HISTORY IS REVEALED — Tess (Cassidy Freeman) tries to kill Davis (Sam Witwer) by blowing up his truck. However, after he escapes, she realizes she needs help to destroy him and turns to Clark (Tom Welling). Tess reveals Davis' secret childhood with the Luthors and hints that she knows Clark's true identity. Meanwhile, Davis runs to Chloe (Allison Mack) for help.

Really enjoyed this episode. Was great to see the Kents & Lionel again, and the way they edited the old footage with the new footage of young davis at the crash site was done well. The continuity of Veritas and the Kawatche mythology and tying into Davis' origin with Clark was great. I think both Davis and Tess, for new characters have been extremely well developed this season. Tess has become a very interesting character, and I'm glad she hasn't become a female Lex.

Comment

Again with the no Lois

The episode was good but at this point I just wanna hurry up and get to the big "Superman"/Doomsday showdown... so of course there's no new episodes for the next 2 weeks!
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I thought this was a great episode. Very tense throughout and unpredictable. Personally, I thought Davis would turn into Doomsday in the chamber and break out, but instead (rather disappoiningly) we had a mention that Oliver was taking care of the body, and then shown that somehow Davis not only woke up, but got away from them without anyone knowing.

I read a review on another site commenting on how Tess has basically become Lex 2. I totally disagree with that. Lex wanted to get Clark's power for his own ends, I think Tess genuinely wants him to become Superman. She said in the other episode that he made her feel safe, and we know from earlier on in the season that she has issues trusting men, so I think she idolises him and wants him to be Superman.

Comment

wait one - they said Lionel arranged for Clark to be adopted which means he already knew what Clark was - but on the other hand he only found out about Clark in season 5...sound like major inconsistency

Comment

Unless he just suspected Clark, but had no proof.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
              wait one - they said Lionel arranged for Clark to be adopted which means he already knew what Clark was - but on the other hand he only found out about Clark in season 5...sound like major inconsistency
              Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
              Unless he just suspected Clark, but had no proof.
              I agree with Jonzey, by process of elimination Lionel like suspected Clark was the traveler and that's why hey took an interest in Clark's life, waiting for confirmation and the rite time to act.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                I agree with Jonzey, by process of elimination Lionel like suspected Clark was the traveler and that's why hey took an interest in Clark's life, waiting for confirmation and the rite time to act.
                yeah well that still leaves quite a bit of inconsistency

in season 4 when Lionel switched places with Clark (mind transfer) Lionel found out about Clark's powers, yet he also intended to let Clark stay in jail for the rest of his life (in fact he even tried to kill him but Clark managed to reverse the mind transfer at the last minute)

the writers probably got the idea of the Veritas subplot (and Lionel being part of it) during season 5 which explains the discrepancy between pre & post-season 4 storylines

Comment

Yeah, there's always going to be a few holes when you re-write history.

Comment

especially since Clark didn't even rewrite that part of history :/ (but the writers did, apparently)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                      There was an episode several years ago (before Clark's dad died) that explained how the Kents were able to forge Clark's adoption...

They had to go to Lionel and he agreed to do it if Jonathan talked Pete's dad into selling his land to Luther.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                        There was an episode several years ago (before Clark's dad died) that explained how the Kents were able to forge Clark's adoption...

They had to go to Lionel and he agreed to do it if Jonathan talked Pete's dad into selling his land to Luther.
                        Exactly. Clark being the traveler had nothing to do with the adoption. Lionel probably had an uncharacteristically stupid moment and brushed off the needed quick adoption as something unrelated.

In general I've liked season eight way more than last year, and especially liked the way this episode tied things happening in later years with the earlier series. It's been a long time since the caves had been mentioned .
                        "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
                        "Those who abandon the path are evil."
                        "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

the kents took lex to the hospital not long after finding clark, the kents discovered clark was an orphan, lionell owed the kents a favor, johnathan asked lionell to help him adopt clark, lionell ablidged (also lionell got petes family land)

great episode, loved the veritas tie in and an interesting take on nomad/sageth (davis bloom is both)
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by The Mastage Kidd View Post
                            Exactly. Clark being the traveler had nothing to do with the adoption. Lionel probably had an uncharacteristically stupid moment and brushed off the needed quick adoption as something unrelated.

In general I've liked season eight way more than last year, and especially liked the way this episode tied things happening in later years with the earlier series. It's been a long time since the caves had been mentioned .

Wrong..I think that when Lionel fourged the adoption he thought he allready had the traveller ... Davis ... but later founds out that Davis isn't the Traveller...and he realised that Clark is the one but it was too late...So it wans't an uncharacteristically stupid moment ....
                            sigpicThe City of The One will rise from the ashes of history.....

Comment

I really liked the insight to kid Lex and kid Davis. Wasn't surprised that Lionel had no interest in Davis after about 5 days when he set his sights on Clark. It was heartless of him and if he'd been paying attention, keeping Davis around as a brother for Lex could've changed the whole family. Interesting way to have Lex in the episode and use Michael .

After seeing Martha and Jonathan again (even though it's old footage), made me miss them even more!
                              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Working...
                              X