X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condition:Human - Episode Discussion/links/news SPOILERS

Condition:Human Episode 1

What does everyone think?
    Last edited by Herb; 20 April 2009, 08:51 PM.

Vancouver's own Blade Runner
    http://www.thestar.com/comment/colum...article/614427

Review - condition:human
    http://www.broadcastassassin.com/news/?p=347

Comment

A very interest idea and production. Done by a bunch armatures this is a excellent piece work, it certainly match the standard of sanctuary if not exceed it in some areas, especially the cinematography and framing of the shots. It certainly better than most scifi we got on our screens at the moment.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Hopefully someone will pick this up and turn it into a tv series.

Comment

Condition:Human Episode 2

Comment

An other great episode. Loving the relationship between the kyoto and sean, it is going to be interesting watching those two evolve together, as he learns to get close to someone again, she learns how to become more human.

Loving the interview at the beginning, and how the scientist is dumbing down his answers for the reporter as much as possible and she still looks like she barely understands what he saying, just like real life reporters interviews with scientists really.

Again brilliant cinematography and slow enough that you get to appreciate and enjoy it, especially like the bit where sean is activating Kyoto, the slowness of the pan and the slow reveal. Just Brilliant.

I thought the kitchen set needed more work done to it, the textures and the lighting rig need improvement in this area.

But given this quality was achieve on zero budget makes you wonder why the quality of programming is so low on the Scifi channel especially the films they produce. This shows what a good director and good writers can produce. just excellence all around.
          Last edited by knowles2; 21 April 2009, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Condition:Human Episode 3

Comment

I have just watch the third episode myself, I will not as good as the previous ones it certainly contained some brilliant concept and extended series ideas.

The scientist at the beginning is just brilliant, just love how he talks down to the person doing the interview all the time.

Some of the other bits were a bit tedious.

And they still have not master the sound in the episodes yet, this one went from quite to loud and back down to quite a few times. The forest scene needed some background noise to give atmosphere which I felt it was lacking. I was the same for the dining room scene and living room sofa scene both really lacking in atmosphere, which could been improve by having some music to them.
              The cut between the Vancouver forest and to dining room scene was raugh and far two sudden.

But now I just picking it apart for picking it apart sake, but overall it is a excellence piece of work and deserve at least to be shown to a wider audience.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                The scientist at the beginning is just brilliant, just love how he talks down to the person doing the interview all the time.
                agreed.

I was the same for the dining room scene and living room sofa scene both really lacking in atmosphere, which could been improve by having some music to them.
                with the family dinner scene I think that the awkward silence is part of the atmosphere and gives it that uncomfortable feel.

The cut between the Vancouver forest and to dining room scene was raugh and far two sudden.
                Keep in mind that this entire project is being produced with "no budget" at all besides what Trenton and a few of the cast are providing. Pretty amazing considering.

Overall it was a good episode and gives more insight into the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb View Post
                  agreed.

with the family dinner scene I think that the awkward silence is part of the atmosphere and gives it that uncomfortable feel.
                  Perhaps, I might re watch later and see what I make of the scene.

Keep in mind that this entire project is being produced with "no budget" at all besides what Trenton and a few of the cast are providing. Pretty amazing considering.

Overall it was a good episode and gives more insight into the characters.
                  Completly agreed,and I also am a pretty harsh critic when it comes to the projects when I want to be, especially in projects I know that are generally awesome and I am enjoying watching, and done on good will and friends, bribes, and generally just on wanting to do it, it just a sign of me loving it, that all.

Comment

I am watching the first episode now, will come back later with some comments.
                    ---------------------
                    sigpic
                    Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Condition:Human Episode 4

or http://conditionhuman.blip.tv/file/2124161
                      Last edited by Herb; 17 May 2009, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Condition:Human on The Electronic Playground

Comment

According to http://twitter.com/conditionhuman the latest ep has wrapped shooting and should be up and ready to go sooner than later (although it already is later )

Comment

Condition:Human Episode 5

Finally it's out! I thought this time around the editing was much tighter. Nice philosophizing at the top of the episode.

Comment

Just heard that production for the final episode for Condition:Human is now underway. The creator/director Trenton Lepp had a baby (his wife did, but ya anyways). I am looking forward to finding out what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X