Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farscape #4 Comic Discussion Thread (Spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape #4 Comic Discussion Thread (Spoilers!)

Looks like #4 comes out today, I will go pick up my copy on the way home from work.

I hope they wrap this story line up with the final issue, and don't tease us too much for the next series. At the same time, it's sort of sad to have this run over already.

Trust me, there's more coming. April is going to be a nice month for Farscape fans.

(For the record, I'm Keith DeCandido's fiancee.)
    Terri Osborne
    www.terriosborne.com

Currently writing: Stargate: Atlantis--Portals of Discovery, a.k.a, the memoirs of Elizabeth Weir (coming sometime in 2010)

Comment

Nice! Thanks for the tip. Sadly, my store didn't have this weeks issue yet due to weather. (I'm in that oh so pleasant area of the country being slammed by both a flood and a blizzard.)

Comment

I couldn't wait for mine to come in the mail next week, so I went out and bought the issue. I must have went at just the right time too - there was only one left on the shelf.

What a great issue it was too. Nice way to end this first series, and lead us into what is still to come.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          I couldn't wait for mine to come in the mail next week, so I went out and bought the issue. I must have went at just the right time too - there was only one left on the shelf.

What a great issue it was too. Nice way to end this first series, and lead us into what is still to come.
          Cheater!

Hopefully mine will be here sometime next week.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
            Cheater!

Hopefully mine will be here sometime next week.
            I know! But I passed the same comic shop twice that day, and I just couldn't control myself.

I hope you get yours soon. And we can have a proper discussion of it.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post

Finally got mine. So nice to see Ryg all grown up

I thought for sure we were going to find out about shadow dude, but alas, it wasn't to be. It was a good issue, but to be honest, while reading it I kept thinking this would have made a great 3 parter...but hey at least we got the story. Scorpy seemed to be a little of a throw away in this one, but really,it was nice to see Rygel put him in his place.

Also, I got the cover with Aeryn. Initially I was going to grab the other one, but I'm glad i didn't. It really captures her well IMO.

Come on Strange Detractors!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                Finally got mine. So nice to see Ryg all grown up

I thought for sure we were going to find out about shadow dude, but alas, it wasn't to be. It was a good issue, but to be honest, while reading it I kept thinking this would have made a great 3 parter...but hey at least we got the story. Scorpy seemed to be a little of a throw away in this one, but really,it was nice to see Rygel put him in his place.

Also, I got the cover with Aeryn. Initially I was going to grab the other one, but I'm glad i didn't. It really captures her well IMO.

Come on Strange Detractors!
                I was so proud of Rygel by the end of this series. He deserves to have his throne back. I just hope we still see a decent amount of him.

As for our "shadow dude", maybe we will finally find out who he is in Strange Detractors.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

If you don't have it yet, the first few pages are here:

http://www.comicrelated.com/display.php?item=1072

(it was a link from Boom, so it's legal)

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                    If you don't have it yet, the first few pages are here:

http://www.comicrelated.com/display.php?item=1072

(it was a link from Boom, so it's legal)
                    That is really cool for you to post this for those who don't have it yet. I'm sure they will appreciate it.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

lol! Has anyone ever read the right's reserved, this is fictional, blah blah blah that's in the copy right disclaimer:

"Any similarity to actual persons, demons, anti-Christs, aliens, vampires, face-suckers or political figures, whether living, dead or undead, or to any actual or supernatural events is coincidental and unintentional. So don't come whining to us."

And oh yeah thanks again for that link. Interesting first couple of pages. Though I'm not exactly sure I'm too keen on Deke having time manipulation abilities if that turns out to be the case.

Aeryn questioning her skills as a mother has been a good theme in this series. It's so in character and so understandable. I like those particular panels dealing with that in those preview pages. Good character stuff there.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

lol! Has anyone ever read the right's reserved, this is fictional, blah blah blah that's in the copy right disclaimer:

"Any similarity to actual persons, demons, anti-Christs, aliens, vampires, face-suckers or political figures, whether living, dead or undead, or to any actual or supernatural events is coincidental and unintentional. So don't come whining to us."

And oh yeah thanks again for that link. Interesting first couple of pages. Though I'm not exactly sure I'm too keen on Deke having time manipulation abilities if that turns out to be the case.

Aeryn questioning her skills as a mother has been a good theme in this series. It's so in character and so understandable. I like those particular panels dealing with that in those preview pages. Good character stuff there.
                        LMAO! I never even read that before.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

That's awesome! Glad you were able to get a sneak peak lonestar.

Have either of you guys read the books? The reviews aren't so stellar on amazon, so I don't know if I want to bother.

Comment

I've been watching the mail hoping it would come this week, but no luck yet.

No, I've never read any of the books but didn't this guy write one or two of them?

fifth man, didn't you buy one a while back?
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

I've been watching the mail hoping it would come this week, but no luck yet.

No, I've never read any of the books but didn't this guy write one or two of them?

fifth man, didn't you buy one a while back?
                              I have 3 of the books (not sure if that is all there is) -

House of Cards, Ship of Ghosts, and Dark Side of the Sun. House of Cards was written by Keith DeCandido, who wrote the script for the comics.

They are definitely worth checking out IMO. But, House of Cards is the best.
                              Last edited by the fifth man; 10 April 2009, 07:20 PM.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X