This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray Park to Train Rachel Luttrell

Just read the article on Gateworld on how Ray Park is going to be working with Rachel Luttrell on Teyla’s fighting skills. Rachel brags about how much fighting action Teyla will be involved with in the future.

TPTB still don’t seem to get it. Teyla is BORING. Using her as a sweaty, skimpily-clad fighting machine is still BORING. Is anyone else still waiting for Teyla to SAY something interesting or intelligent? If TPTB insist on having an alien martial arts expert as part of the team, why don’t they dump the Teyla character totally and bring in Ray Park himself as our resident alien? (Not that he would be available.)

Rachel is a beautiful lady, and the Teyla character has a lot of unused potential. I'm getting tired of the poor dialogue, costuming, hair, make-up, etc., that are being used on her, and now it seems we are going to get nothing more than increased fighting action from her as well, which will only encourage posts about "Hot Teyla" around here as well. Yawn. Someone please give poor Rachel something to do beside swinging sticks around.

Frankly I'm tired of hearing about "hot Teyla" and "hot alien chick" (Chaya). Why can't beautiful women in SGA be brainy as well? Am I asking too much? Have I just been spoiled by years of Samantha Carter (pretty and smart)? Or am I just having a really bad Monday morning?

When all else fails, change channels.

I can see Teyla kicking a wraiths butt in second season from what she will learn from Ray
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
      Why can't beautiful women in SGA be brainy as well?
      Teyla is brainy in her own way. She knows a lot about the worlds that they go to and she is quick to catch on to new things. Just because a woman isn't or hasn't been to college doesn't mean that she isn't brainy. She is a leader of her people. And you have to have brains for that.

Comment

I think her look (especially hair and costuming) has much improved from the series premiere. She just needs some heavy-duty character development. "The Gift" looks like it will be an excellent start in that direction.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I think its great that she's being trained by Ray Park. It should be interesting to see her try out her new moves on the Wraith

Comment

Glad im not the only person that cant stand her. She reminds me of seven of nine, whom bored the hell out of me.

Though ive only seen 10 eposides so far, but so far i wish her and Weir would go through the gate and never come back.
            LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

most of the people i know hate Teyla, but i think it's due to all the lack of character developement, like you've all said. I really love her fighting skills, and think it's really amazing that she gets to train with Ray Park, but ya, she needs some actual things to do/say sides fighting!

Generally with Atlantis i'm being as open minded as possible, so i love everyone at the moment just...because. I just hope that she does get some substance, or after a while i know the love will go As well, she's the kind of diplomat, representative, ambassador type person for the Athosians, and i generally hate those kind of people, so i reeeeally hope they can get her doing some cool stuff.
              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Why does everyone hate Teyla? I think she can be a great character, the only problem is that TPTB haven't developed her enough. If she developed more, then she could be a great character. For now, she's just there, but Rachel Luttrul is a good actress, and i know her character can be good. Personally, i think we need a female character who can kick *** and isn't afraid to get down and dirty and put everything they've got into beating the enemy, but at the same time, is pretty and still hold their feminem touch( if u haven't been able to tell by now, i can't spell worth anything, so sry for misspellings). I think people shouldn't diss her as bad as they do

Comment

I find that Teyla isn't a well developped character as of yet, just like Ford. As of now the only characters with development are Sheppard and McKay, which is normal since they are the two main characters of the series. After all, most people don't know these characters and their backgrounds as much as in SG-1, since O'Neill and Jackson were already partially developped since the movie.

Give it time...
                  Enter my game site...

Comment

*Yoda Imitation*

Sad day it is, that Teyla has gone... to the DARK SIDE... Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni
                      *Yoda Imitation*

Sad day it is, that Teyla has gone... to the DARK SIDE... Hmmm...
                      Excellent. A female sith would be... fun. *runs away*
                      *comes back*

Ok, did you see her moves in "Suspicion"? She seems to know how to dual-wield.
                      Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                        After all, most people don't know these characters and their backgrounds as much as in SG-1, since O'Neill and Jackson were already partially developped since the movie.
                        In that regards, Weir and McKay had some development from SG-1 to build on, while all the other characters are brand new. Ford's had even less development than Teyla, I think, but nobody's complaining about that or saying they hate him. And I don't see so much development for him on the horizon this season, while there's at least one Teyla-centric episode coming up late this season. Still, let's give it all some time, people. It's a brand new show, and you can't develop a half-dozen characters and tell their entire stories in only ten episodes. Give it thirty or so.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                          Excellent. A female sith would be... fun. *runs away*
                          *comes back*

Ok, did you see her moves in "Suspicion"? She seems to know how to dual-wield.
                          Yeah... They should give her a pair of kick-ass melee weapons that glow... And she can like, deflect Wraith stunners...

Hey wait a minute, it's said that we will eventually find out why she has the ability to sense the Wraith... Don't tell me she's got "da force" with her...

Dum dum dum... LOL

Comment

In the first season of SG-1 everyone hated Teal'c but now look at him every one loves the guy so I would give the cast bit of time develop.
                            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

It's only been 10 episodes and were already griping about the new cast...jeez. Give it a rest and let the first season finish. I'm sure we will grow to like this cast as much as we like SG-1. No, nevermind, we won't like them that much

Comment

Working...
                              X