X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I, Robot

What did you think of I, Robot?

I thought it was pretty good, though I’ve never read the book so I can’t make the comparison. But aren’t the books usually better anyway. I didn’t go because I was wanting to see the movie but rather as some cheap entertainment. It only costs $3 where I see most of my movies in Texas. I thought the story was rather interesting. I’m not a big fan of his, but Will Smith did a pretty good job. (I still waiting for my refund for MIB2.) Gosh, I saw this sometime in July/August, so specifics are sketchy, but it was a decent movie overall, and I liked it more than I thought I would. Not a favorite movie by a long shot, but worth the $3 which is more than I can say for MIB2.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

I thought "I, Robot" was really good; liked it very much. Shouldn't it be coming out on DVD pretty soon? I'm gonna have to get it.

The cheapest I can see movies is for 3,75$; that's also in Texas.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

I saw it on DVD the other night. Pretty good movie, better then I thought it would be.

Comment

So it's already out on DVD? I might have missed that.

Well, I'm certainly looking forward to seeing it again soon.

Comment

Just released recently

Comment

I didn't know that. I've certainly been waiting for it.

Thanks.

Comment

No problem. I wasn't expecting the movie to have as much depth as it had.

Comment

That's true. That's one of the reasons why I really liked it.

Comment

The trailer was misleading, it's more slower paced

Comment

I loved I, Robot! It was definitely one of the best films I saw in the summer (out of Spiderman 2, Shrek 2, Chronicles of Riddick and King Arthur; in the order that I liked them, lol). I can't wait till I get the DVD for Christmas. I've been wanting it since I came out of the cinema
                      "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

This movie just about made me cry. Poor Asimov turning in his grave. Now the book (an ANTHOLOGY of SHORT STORIES) is being released with Will Smith on the cover like it was some sort of novelization...
                        [email protected]
                        http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                        One nation under dog
                        There of which I stand alone
                        A face in the crowd
                        Unsung, against the mold
                        Without a doubt
                        Singled out
                        The only way I know

Comment

I took two 12 year old boys to see "I Robot" and they both agreed it was the greatest thing they had ever seen (of course, few months later that honor now goes to "National Treasure").

As for me. .I wasn't expecting much and found "I Robot" far better than I thought. Gets a "thumbs up" from my family.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I Robot was incredible, I was dieing to know how they broke the 3 laws which was really clever!

Comment

As a SciFi/Action extravaganza, I Robot worked pretty well. The plot is at least semi coherent and Will Smith is always ready with a quick retort.

However as an adaptation of Asimov's work it fails. Quite frankly it turned the basic premise of the 3 laws on it's head! The way they explained it made a marginal amount of sense, but is in complete opposition with anything he wrote.

Comment

Working...
                              X