This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the Jaffa Become Bad Guys?

well im thinking...who else is there that can be an enemie.we know quite a few jaffa dont like or trust the tauri or any of the allies.im not saying every jaffa either.but wat if a movie or new show eventually shows us at war or involved in a jaffa civil war over power?

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
    well im thinking...who else is there that can be an enemie.we know quite a few jaffa dont like or trust the tauri or any of the allies.im not saying every jaffa either.but wat if a movie or new show eventually shows us at war or involved in a jaffa civil war over power?
    I think it's far more likely that the Tau'ri will become bad guys.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
      wat if a movie or new show eventually shows us at war or involved in a jaffa civil war over power?
      I've certainly heard worse ideas. There is potential, but some may agrue it has been covered.

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      I think it's far more likely that the Tau'ri will become bad guys.
      I just don't see that happening. Maybe in an AU.
      Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

In a way it was done already, with the whole garak thing.

Comment

No. We don't disagree that much.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I've got a story idea going where there's a division within the Jaffa ranks, helped along by someone else, but I won't go into it here, as I plan on writing that one of these days. But I think it could happen. The Jaffa have a ways to go before their people are united behind their government as strongly as they were united against the Goa'uld. A better question might be 'could the Jaffa have a civil war that affects relations with their allies?'. Jaffa that think like Teal'c and Master Bra'tac will never be bad guys.
            Last edited by amconway; 27 March 2009, 04:37 PM.

Comment

i was just bored thought id bring it up anyway..ger'ak still kinda talked to us and helped with the priors plague....real bad guy...it was always insinuated that it would happen so i dont think its that far fetched of an idea.

Comment

i was just bored thought id bring it up anyway..ger'ak still kinda talked to us and helped with the priors plague....real bad guy...it was always insinuated that it would happen so i dont think its that far fetched of an idea.
                I don't think it's farfetched at all. The Jaffa culture and traditions changed very quickly. There are always people who have a hard time with that. It's quite plausible that there would be some Jaffa who would prefer to roll back some of those changes, or want to surplant rule by council with something under their own control.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                  I don't think it's farfetched at all. The Jaffa culture and traditions changed very quickly. There are always people who have a hard time with that. It's quite plausible that there would be some Jaffa who would prefer to roll back some of those changes, or want to surplant rule by council with something under their own control.
                  yeah i think it would be a great way to bring the show back to the milky way and possibly see some familiar faces...Sam could show up every once in a while on the General Hammond,Daniel could pop up when they discover something...Jack could pop up every now and again.or some or all can be regulars again if the actors want to come back fulltime.plus...its far more believable for the jaffa to become villains again than them awaken or piss off another group of overdressed bad guys.

Comment

I think it would have to approached from a perspective of being asked for assistance by the Jaffa leadership, and show the Tauri working closely with the Council. Teal'c wuold have to be onboard with the whole thing.

Comment

I think it would have to approached from a perspective of being asked for assistance by the Jaffa leadership, and show the Tauri working closely with the Council. Teal'c wuold have to be onboard with the whole thing.
                      well yeah obviously we would get involved because Teal'c comes to us for help.maybe i should have added that..hmmm....nice catch conway....but it be interesting to see Teal'c react to a civil war between his people after they fought and sacrificed so much to get their freedom....make a great premise for a stargate show.it also be a spinoff that brings back most if not all of the original cast and characters.

Comment

but it be interesting to see Teal'c react to a civil war between his people after they fought and sacrificed so much to get their freedom....
                        I just can't imagine much that would be more awful for him. After sacrificing so much, to see Jaffa fighting Jaffa, and trying to bring down their government. Boy, that would be painful.

Comment

I just can't imagine much that would be more awful for him. After sacrificing so much, to see Jaffa fighting Jaffa, and trying to bring down their government. Boy, that would be painful.
                          well im sure Bra'tac dying would be worse or just as bad as that.but it really could make for a good movie that focuses on Teal'c or a future spinoff.

Comment

well im sure Bra'tac dying would be worse
                            That's so awful it didn't even occur to me! Not possible, I say!

Comment

That's so awful it didn't even occur to me! Not possible, I say!
                              lol i know its sad to think about...forget i said anything.....sooooo who wants some evil Jaffa at some point??

Comment

Working...
                              X