• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military News.com: Weapons on Stargate

http://www.military.com/news/article...=1186032310810

Army's 'Subcompact' Rifle Search in Doubt
    March 26 2009

excerpt:

The P90 has a 50-round magazine and can fire up to 900 rounds per minute. The weapon earned more notoriety when it showed up on the set of the TV series "Stargate SG-1."

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Ahh, the things my country can produce...

Great beer, nice chocolat and cool firearms for Stargate!

Lovely

- Why SciFi when you can have SciFun? -

Comment

notoriety?
      sigpic

Comment

oh that's awesome ha! take that other military related shows
        Go Preds Go

Comment

Most people I talk to only know of the P90 because of CounterStrike or Call of Duty 4.

They either,
          1. Play one of the two or similar FPS game mentioned above
          2. Watch Stargate
          3. Think my P90 airsoft gun is a weapon of alien design.

I need better peers...

Comment

The P-90 is a fantastic gun, except for it's accuracy. It's light, high fire rate, compact, which makes it perfect for urban fighting and close quarters. Unfortunately unlike Stargate, using it as a primary weapon isn't a good choice. I love the episode when Carter is showing off the P90 to some tribe of people and she shows the accuracy in burst fire into a bag hanging from a rope. Then she shoots the rope to demonstrate the single fire accuracy, although not entirely false, it would take most marksmen a couple shots to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
              The P-90 is a fantastic gun, except for it's accuracy. It's light, high fire rate, compact, which makes it perfect for urban fighting and close quarters. Unfortunately unlike Stargate, using it as a primary weapon isn't a good choice. I love the episode when Carter is showing off the P90 to some tribe of people and she shows the accuracy in burst fire into a bag hanging from a rope. Then she shoots the rope to demonstrate the single fire accuracy, although not entirely false, it would take most marksmen a couple shots to do that.
              But Carter is a markswoman, so it only took one shot.
              sigpic

Comment

Hmmm. I must have misunderstood something I read a few months ago. I was under the impression that American pilots and convoy drivers had P-90s now. That must have been a different military and I took it to be the U.S. It wasn't the Canadian army, although police in Montreal and Halifax use them.

Comment

Hmm in Sg1 i'm surprised p-90 was the most notorious weapon on the show. The U.S military doesn't really use it, more european countries would use it i imagine, even so on Wikipedia when it shows the countries that use the P-90 it says only the secret service and police departments(including swat) no mention of the Air force.

Perhaps because the SGC is a secret base and they get all the awesome weapons, makes sense?.....

Below is what was on Wikipedia.

Used by the United States Secret Service, the United States Federal Protective Service, the former Immigration and Naturalization Service and numerous law enforcement agencies, many of them for their SWAT units. The first U.S. team to adopt the weapon was the Richland County Sheriff's Department in South Carolina.[10][11] It is also used by SWAT teams in Washington D.C. and Indianapolis. In California, the San Francisco Police Department SWAT team uses the P90.[12][13] In Missouri, the Columbia and Hallsville police departments are among those whose special-duty units have them, while the Creve Coeur, Missouri, Police Department uses the P90 as their patrol duty rifle, making it one of the few agencies to give it widespread usage.
                  Tst

Comment

Creve Coeur, Missouri, Police Department uses the P90 as their patrol duty rifle
                    Wow. How tough is that town?

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                      Wow. How tough is that town?
                      its tough...you dont ever want to go there...seriously....dont even drive in its vacinity conway...just stay away...speaking of p-90s...i use that and the
                      g-36 religously on cod4...love em...

Comment

speaking of p-90s...i use that and the g-36 religously on cod4...love em...
                        Had to look up cod4. Figured you wouldn't be using heavy weaponry on cod. Fish are fairly inoffensive.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                          Had to look up cod4. Figured you wouldn't be using heavy weaponry on cod. Fish are fairly inoffensive.
                          well actually....

Comment

Working...
                          X