Stargate Petition for Theatrical Movie

http://petitionspot.com/petitions/SGFilm

so whos with me? comon it could HAPPEN!
    sigpic

sure why not..im with you dune!!

Comment

I'm with you!!

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect the only way a true theatrical movie can happen is if Dean Devlin produces it. Brad Wright, et al would be out of the picture -- so would most of our much loved franchise's mythology. I'd rather get more straight to DVD movies that utilize the rich, complex universe of Stargate as we know it. Just my IMHO.

Comment

wouldn't happen. it would take a lot of money and would end up bombing at box offices.
          Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
          sigpic

Comment

If millions of people sign that then it may happen, but I guess will only get 1000s IF that.
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post

Of course I'll sign it. After all, it worked so well in keeping SGA on the air...

Comment

Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post
                Correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect the only way a true theatrical movie can happen is if Dean Devlin produces it. Brad Wright, et al would be out of the picture -- so would most of our much loved franchise's mythology. I'd rather get more straight to DVD movies that utilize the rich, complex universe of Stargate as we know it. Just my IMHO.
                I was talking about SG-1/Atlantis of course. who wouldnt want an SG-1 movie in cinema instead of a direct-to-DVD release? comon guys you gotta sign. this whole thing might happen if we present a strong fanbase.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post
                  In order to get the original Stargate movie in theaters, Devlin had to sell the rights to MGM. MGM owns all things Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                    Of course I'll sign it. After all, it worked so well in keeping SGA on the air...
                    um difference is not that many fans are that upset about the cancellation enough to sign that petition...out of millions of sga fans world wide...30,000 signed....

Comment

forget the t.v. series for a minute, what about Roland Emerich finishing off the storyline he had in mind when he made the original movie??

i say this because the t.v. series is now like Star Trek, too much stuff has happened for there to be a theatre version of the franchise.
                      if you see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a photon torpedo.

Comment

Originally posted by sldghamr View Post
                        forget the t.v. series for a minute, what about Roland Emerich finishing off the storyline he had in mind when he made the original movie??

i say this because the t.v. series is now like Star Trek, too much stuff has happened for there to be a theatre version of the franchise.
                        That was nothing more then hot air. Emerich has been very vocal about his displeasure of SG1.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          That was nothing more then hot air. Emerich has been very vocal about his displeasure of SG1.
                          i was unaware he was blowing hot air. anyway, point being, there is too much material from the t.v. series for the general public to really understand what is going on to have a theatre release. as far as i am concerned, any more Stargate movies based on the series, should be direct to DVD.
                          if you see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a photon torpedo.

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post

change it to a bsg Theatrical Movie and i'll sign
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              change it to a bsg Theatrical Movie and i'll sign
                              http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b101...ig-screen.html
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X