This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Uniforms/Patches/Logos of SGU

Well, most of us have already seen the 'Frantic' teaser for SGU and I think it looks great.

Everyone probably knows this, but I am highly optimistic for this show and I haven't been negative on anything really. But the logo that was shown in the teaser kind of irked me...It looked too basic, etc.

Now, I know the show is still in the early process and there is a great chance it will change or that logo won't even be used, simply a SciFi thing...But, I just wanted to know your thoughts.

Personally, I think they should have the logo look like this:

Spoiler:

Maybe not the purple and another color would be used, but that format.

Over this:
    Spoiler:

Yes, it might not matter to some people, but I don't know...something like this bothers me.

Discuss.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Yeah, the old logo looked really good. It felt like Stargate.

The new one just looks like crap. Seriously, it looks like something that took the designer 2 minutes to make.

It's bland, it's ugly, it's boring.
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
      Yeah, the old logo looked really good. It felt like Stargate.

The new one just looks like crap. Seriously, it looks like something that took the designer 2 minutes to make.

It's bland, it's ugly, it's boring.
      Thank God I ain't the only one who thinks that...

*waits for someone who says it really isn't a big deal* xD

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
      and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

It was certainly something I noticed too when I watched the clip......but no doubt I will grow to love it and wouldn't want it any other way
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
          Well, most of us have already seen the 'Frantic' teaser for SGU and I think it looks great.

Everyone probably knows this, but I am highly optimistic for this show and I haven't been negative on anything really. But the logo that was shown in the teaser kind of irked me...It looked too basic, etc.

Now, I know the show is still in the early process and there is a great chance it will change or that logo won't even be used, simply a SciFi thing...But, I just wanted to know your thoughts.

Personally, I think they should have the logo look like this:

Spoiler:
          [IG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/05/SGUlogofilm2.png[/IMG]

Maybe not the purple and another color would be used, but that format.

Over this:
          Spoiler:

[IG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/Stargate_universe_logo.png[/IMG]

Yes, it might not matter to some people, but I don't know...something like this bothers me.

Discuss.
          sencond one owns
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I prefer the first one. I think the new one is terrible and it reminds be to BSG and not to SG.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I do like the first one, and yes, it does feel more "stargate-y". But since this series seems so far to be such a big departure from what feels "Stargate-y", why not the logo as well? I like both logos, but from what I've read/seen, the new one seems to fit the show best.

Comment

I prefer the second one because lets not kid ourselves, the show aint the stargate that we know. so clearly the second represents the departure from mythology and scientific optimism.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  I prefer the first one. I think the new one is terrible and it reminds be to BSG and not to SG.
                  it doesn't remind me of bsg. it makes me think of a more grown up stargate
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I seriously like

Its is a big deal, yes, but this is nice one.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, nice one!

Comment

the old logo is too similar with logos sga and sg1 had. the logo cant be similar... the serials are meant to be different so they decided to scrap the old style and look for a new logo, logo which wont make ppl think and compare sgu with old sg's
                        ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          I think it looks like the font they use on cop shows (CSI or NCIS), it's funny considering the CSI:Atlantis episode.
                          So say we all!

Comment

new pic already on wiki:

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

I honestly don't see what the big friggin deal is. It's a logo.
                              You don't like it because it somehow reminds you of BSG? Why, because there are three letters, including an "SG"? OMG! It's BSG redux!

Comment

Working...
                              X