Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which race(s) would you like to have seen developed more?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which race(s) would you like to have seen developed more?

So many races, so little time!

Down through the years, there have been a variety of interesting races that I've felt there could have been more 'story' to. For the purpose of this experiment I'm going to go with...the...Tollan.

On the one hand, they did have that annoying "we are more technologically advanced and therefore sooooooooo superior" thing going, which of course led to their downfall. As it usually does.
    However, even after the Goa'uld attack, I was always surprised that we never saw more of them. I assumed that - superior race that they were - they would have had a back-up evacuation-type plan. They were able to build Stargates, so surely that one in their capital wasn't the only one on the planet. Why didn't they have groups of dedicated scientists/military/families ready to get out of Dodge if their 'alliance' with the Goa'uld went horribly wrong?

I kept expecting us to run across a brave little colony attempting to rebuild Tollan society on some backwater planet. I was always disappointed that it never happened.

So - what race would you like to have seen a little more of, or did you think had potential that was never realised? And what about them did you think could have been used, what did you like about the race?
    Last edited by Alder; 22 March 2009, 02:43 PM. Reason: Left a bit out. Eejit.

Retu, Nox, Foothold aliens, Gadmer, Reloe,

And that is just at the top of my head. Give me time to make a more detailed list
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Retu, Nox, Foothold aliens, Gadmer, Reloe,
      Heh, those first three were going to be next up with me.

Oo! I forgot to say, mention why you thought they were interesting, or what qualities could have been expanded on!

Comment

I thinkt he Nox would be nicer to see more of, but I do wish that they weren't so quite so cowardly. And most certainl;y the Abydonians, for...obvious reasons

Comment

i would love to land atlantis which is accompanied by the Odyssey and Daedalus on the tollana...so that mckay can say "suck on this you technological muppets and no we cant share any advanced tech with less advanced raced"

Comment

The Ashen. They were really quite creepy. There's something about their long term approach to genocide that makes it particularly nasty, especially when it's under the guise of friendship. Brrr....

Comment

The Reole from "The Fifth Man".

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Retu, Nox and Gadmeer maybe the Retu and Gadmeer only needed 1 episode but the Nox needed a few more.

The Aschen im glad wasnt revisited, the way it ended was good.

Foothold Aliens and the Ship from Grace would have been good to look at again!

Comment

Most of the races, actually

I would especially like to see more about how society was among the Goa'uld and I would like to see much more about the Tok'ra and how they fight the Goa'uld when not together with the Tau'ri - or just about their daily life. Both would be cool.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

The Aschen im glad wasnt revisited, the way it ended was good
                    But it didn't end. They might have sent one ship through the black hole, but they're still out there, presumably, taking over planets in the same insideous way.

Comment

Originally posted by RingThing View Post

I would especially like to see more about how society was among the Goa'uld and I would like to see much more about the Tok'ra and how they fight the Goa'uld when not together with the Tau'ri - or just about their daily life. Both would be cool.
                      I agree! It would be great both to see more of the Tok'ra and to see more about how Goa'uld society was, and not just seeing a few of the system lords - what about all the other, lower ranking ones? And how did people live in their societies? That would be GREAT to see.
                      My ships: sigpic
                      (Sam/Jack, Sam/Rodney, Sam/Martouf/Lantash, Sam/Cam, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Janet)

Sam/Jack, Sam/Cam, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Janet, and Sam/Rodney smilies made by the talented zuz - THANKS. Smilies merged into one sig by the awesome Nolamom - THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by RingThing View Post

I agree! But I really would've liked to see more of the Furlings. I thought they were pretty awesome...

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
                          I agree! But I really would've liked to see more of the Furlings. I thought they were pretty awesome...
                          How can nothing we have never seen be awesome? I think all the hype fandom has introduced would just make the Furlings look bad.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Most of the races that have only been featured in a few episodes and not had proper endings.

Any race with cool and interesting histories, tech and culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                              i would love to land atlantis which is accompanied by the Odyssey and Daedalus on the tollana...so that mckay can say "suck on this you technological muppets and no we cant share any advanced tech with less advanced raced"
                              INDEED! HA HA HA

I would like the Tau'ri to at least take a ship/ships to Tollana to see what we could scavange, they did have some cool stuff, Those things that deactivate all weapons, Phasing tech, power generation, and even though the ion cannons no longer defend against the Goa'uld, i bet they'd give the Wraith a good kicking

I would like to see the Aschen again, i wanna see there ships and other weapons, and i would like to learn what made them the way they are, evil b******s.

The race that built the android Reese.

Although i would like to see the Furlings i think that theres no way they could live up to all the hype, so mabye we could just find more of there tech, perhaps a database or archive.

Oh yeah, and the dudes on the ship from grace.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X