Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With BSG over..Caprica T.V series redundant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With BSG over..Caprica T.V series redundant?

I mean , what is the whole point of watching the Caprica series? We all know how it will end. There is no more big revelation I believe to keep that series interesting. What would that have to bait us to watch about a dead and decaying civilization? At least BSG always showed that is in the "now". Anyone?

Originally posted by Vahnman View Post
    I mean , what is the whole point of watching the Caprica series? We all know how it will end. There is no more big revelation I believe to keep that series interesting. What would that have to bait us to watch about a dead and decaying civilization? At least BSG always showed that is in the "now". Anyone?
    well i for one would like to know how that civilization decayed
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I believe THAT particular civilization was already decaying and then they created the Cylons. Which add to their laziness. It said so in the opening movie of BSG.

Comment

I will definitely be giving Caprica a shot. I think it will be interesting to see how things got so bad in that world.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't see that it's redundant. By that logic, the entire BSG series is redundant by watching Daybreak; just doesn't make any sense.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I will definitely be giving Caprica a shot. I think it will be interesting to see how things got so bad in that world.
            not really bad but how the cylons came to be. caprica really is a the beginning of the last cycle. we get to see how Daniel created the 12 colony cylons and how zoe fits into the whole thing

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              I don't see that it's redundant. By that logic, the entire BSG series is redundant by watching Daybreak; just doesn't make any sense.
              Worryingly there are people with that attitude

Comment

I disagree with OP but I still ask him/her to continue to watch due to awesome acting from the likes of Eric Stoltz.

Comment

Hundreds of thousands of people went to see 'Titanic' even though they knew the ship sank. How many people say 'Revenge of the Sith' fully knowing that in the end the Jedi would be wiped out, Anakin Skywalker would be Darth Vader in black suit and Palpatine would be Emperor.

Its not about the destination, its about getting there. What were the events that led to the creation of the first generation of Centurions? Why did they develop a belief in a single God? What was the state of Colonial society in the time leading up to the first Cylon war? *How* did the first Cylon war begin? Who fired the first shot?
                  The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

This series will definitely not be redundant to me. I look forward to seeing how these people, and Zoe, fit into the BSG world. And into how the war first began.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      This series will definitely not be redundant to me. I look forward to seeing how these people, and Zoe, fit into the BSG world. And into how the war first began.
                      me too

i think the cylon war could be a series in itself
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        me too

i think the cylon war could be a series in itself
                        I wonder if there was a Cylon Pearl Harbor or a Cylon 9/11 where the Centurions did a flat out terrorist-like attack.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                          I wonder if there was a Cylon Pearl Harbor or a Cylon 9/11 where the Centurions did a flat out terrorist-like attack.
                          I imagine that they'll take a lot of elements out of the 1970s BSG when the series hits that point. But since the Cylons are Man's creation and not robots made by a reptilian race anymore it might not play out the same. I, however, can imagine a Battlestar peace envoy meeting the Cylons someplace remote and getting the royal **** kicked out of them for their trouble.

Also the Adama and Cain flashbacks from Razor seem to hint that the Cylons drove humanity from the primary colonies into remote regions ala the Rebels from Star Wars and forced Humans to go guerrilla against them until the war ended with the Cylons retreating back into "their space".

After Caprica I don't doubt for a second SciFi would immediately green light a "Fall of Man" series taking place during the first Cylon war. BSG's own Clone Wars (In my cautious opinion, the best part of Star Wars to date).

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                            Doesn't the nuking of the twelve colonies count?

Comment

Originally posted by AeronPeryton View Post
                              Also the Adama and Cain flashbacks from Razor seem to hint that the Cylons drove humanity from the primary colonies into remote regions ala the Rebels from Star Wars and forced Humans to go guerrilla against them until the war ended with the Cylons retreating back into "their space".
                              Do you mean the primary colonies as in Caprica, Tauron, etc or the colonies of the Colonies? I'm thinking its the later, especially given the references that the Centurions had been used for non-miltary applications such as mining.

Comment

Working...
                              X