PDA

View Full Version : ancient time ship (spoilers!!!!)

keppiezbt
December 5th, 2004, 08:23 AM
you have been warned. right so anyone read the gateworld summary for moebius. it says they use an ancient time ship that they find in "its good to be king" maybe that is why the ship doesnt look like a normal PJ.

given this info, and the info for "before i sleep", it seems the ancients did perfect time travel. interesting stuff. i wonder if the ancient time ship is desgigned then like a PJ.....

Wass
December 5th, 2004, 08:40 AM
It could be one of the reasons to why the PJ in "It's good to be king" is diffrent to the one's in Atlantis.

Gothann
December 5th, 2004, 08:54 AM
you have been warned. right so anyone read the gateworld summary for moebius. it says they use an ancient time ship that they find in "its good to be king" maybe that is why the ship doesnt look like a normal PJ.

given this info, and the info for "before i sleep", it seems the ancients did perfect time travel. interesting stuff. i wonder if the ancient time ship is desgigned then like a PJ.....
I'm guessing you're right, the "Time Ship" of Before I Sleep will most likely be a PJ. I guess I'll have to wait for tomorrow to find out! (God I love TMN)

As for the PJ itself, maybe all PJs have the function, though it's locked for most people. (Remember, they only just recently discovered the programming of these things, in 38-Minutes McKay didn't know what he was doing when he wanted to hack the PJ's "nacelles")

keppiezbt
December 5th, 2004, 09:00 AM
im loooking forward to before i sleep tomorrow too. i have HIGH HIGH hopes for this episode and think it will tlel us a lot about the ancients. if not, im going to be sooooooo pissed

Jarnin
December 5th, 2004, 09:02 AM
How exactly do the puddle jumpers differ from the timeships?

Wass
December 5th, 2004, 09:02 AM
I have feeling it won't answer all the question many people hope it will instead it may open up new questions.

Gothann
December 5th, 2004, 12:55 PM
How exactly do the puddle jumpers differ from the timeships?
Spoilers go to SG-1 and Atlantis series...The Puddle Jumper is a StarGate ship, it's supposed to allow travel into any hazardous condition when going offworld in SG: Atlantis.

The Timeship in SG-1 seems to have a difference in how it functions, since from what we know up till now they must have hacked the internal systems in order to make the time travel jump, something I'm sure Dr. McKay in SG:A should have noticed by now.

So, uh... Yeah. There's what I've seen as difference.

Replicarter
December 5th, 2004, 01:22 PM
But how could the PJ time travel? I dont think it could just dissapear on its own and go back in time, and i dont think it could go back in time when entering a wormhole, i thought they did the soler flair thing.

southside97
December 5th, 2004, 02:21 PM
that's why they have that 9th chevron! now we get to see it in action!! woot woot!

Replicarter
December 5th, 2004, 02:28 PM
But if the 9th chevron was for that, and using a solerflair wasent the only way to time travel, then why dident the ancients do that when the plage struk? instead of building a time machine that dident work, that we say in WoO

Wass
December 5th, 2004, 02:30 PM
9th chevron do you know somethin I don't I have heard or read nothing that suggested they are going to use the 9th chevron.

Jarnin
December 5th, 2004, 02:31 PM
So the difference between a time jumper and a puddle jumper is the fact that the time jumper can travel through time? I was expecting more.

that's why they have that 9th chevron! now we get to see it in action!! woot woot!
Geez, not this again...

But if the 9th chevron was for that, and using a solerflair wasent the only way to time travel, then why dident the ancients do that when the plage struk?
The answer is: It's not.

Wass
December 5th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Let's no go there keep the 9th chevron out of it lol

AsgardCarnage
December 5th, 2004, 03:04 PM
is it just me or does a time traveling ship seem lame of the worst kind? time travel should remain something hard to do, unpridicable and dangeorus. thats why solar flairs were good we couldn't predict them.

if we have a ship where u can simply put in the date and away u go that opens a whole can of worms on why they dont just use that all the time to fix what ever they screw up then no one will care about the desitions they make because they can chasnge them. and bam now the show isn't stargate its back to the future.

i hope this thing gets destroyed quickly or at least works off the rules already established in the series, and it still uses some combination of stargate travel and solar flairs. so it only works at very rare times when u have a small window to some places/times?

Jarnin
December 5th, 2004, 04:02 PM
i hope this thing gets destroyed quickly or at least works off the rules already established in the series, and it still uses some combination of stargate travel and solar flairs. so it only works at very rare times when u have a small window to some places/times?
We haven't seen it in action yet, so we don't know how it works yet, but I agree with you about it being destroyed or at least damaged.

The time circuits will probably go kablooey at the end of "Mobius prt 2". That will leave them with a functional puddlejumper, but they won't be able to time travel anymore.

Gothann
December 5th, 2004, 04:38 PM
We haven't seen it in action yet, so we don't know how it works yet, but I agree with you about it being destroyed or at least damaged.

The time circuits will probably go kablooey at the end of "Mobius prt 2". That will leave them with a functional puddlejumper, but they won't be able to time travel anymore.
No, I'm guessing that they'll need to power it with a ZPM in order to travel in time, hence why it may only be a one-way trip for most of the team.

Jarnin
December 5th, 2004, 05:26 PM
No, I'm guessing that they'll need to power it with a ZPM in order to travel in time, hence why it may only be a one-way trip for most of the team.
The spoilers seem to indicate that the reason they're traveling back in time is to steal a ZPM from Ra.
They don't have a ZPM to power the time ship, and if they did, they wouldn't need to travel back in time.

Gothann
December 5th, 2004, 05:59 PM
The spoilers seem to indicate that the reason they're traveling back in time is to steal a ZPM from Ra.
They don't have a ZPM to power the time ship, and if they did, they wouldn't need to travel back in time.
As mentioned, a low-powered ZPM, with just enough power to establish a time-travel-worthy wormhole, could be the reason they may go back. Since ZPMs can hold massive amounts of energy, a fully charged one would help much more than a drained one. (of course, I won't try to argue...)

Wass
December 6th, 2004, 05:35 AM
Stargate Project has pieced together what might happen Moebius so have look at you need t o translate it to English.

Link to the site
http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate/index.php?seite=news&aktion=show&ID=84

Translation program
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

keppiezbt
December 6th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Stargate Project has pieced together what might happen Moebius so have look at you need t o translate it to English.

Link to the site
http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate/index.php?seite=news&aktion=show&ID=84

Translation program
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

babelfish does the worst translations.

Wass
December 6th, 2004, 08:40 AM
That's true try this one

http://www.freetranslation.com/

Darren
December 6th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Many of these newer details are in GateWorld's photo captions for "Moebius," beginning with ...

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/graphics/819_02.shtml

Ugly Pig
December 6th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Atlantis: 'Before I Sleep' Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 'Before I Sleep' supposed to have a time ship in it as well? Maybe that's a Puddle Jumper, too?

Replicarter
December 6th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Yea, it does have a time ship, and i think it will just be a modified PJ, but we dont know how it time travels just yet, when it does it will explain alot, cause im confused.

AzMcNeil
December 6th, 2004, 10:47 AM
:rolleyes: I seriously like the idea that the ancients finally "mastered" time travel but I would think that if the 9th chevron has anything to do with this...why would you put it on every gate and give everyone the chance to screw things up...Maybe the 8th and 9th chevron is only on a limited # of gates....since we usually don't see the other two on account that they are buried in the ground...any thoughts???

keppiezbt
December 6th, 2004, 10:52 AM
:rolleyes: I seriously like the idea that the ancients finally "mastered" time travel but I would think that if the 9th chevron has anything to do with this...why would you put it on every gate and give everyone the chance to screw things up...Maybe the 8th and 9th chevron is only on a limited # of gates....since we usually don't see the other two on account that they are buried in the ground...any thoughts???

well we know the 8th goes to other galaxies. who knows what the 9th is for.

my guess- the creators of the show used it for symmtry. no hidden meaning and then they figured in an episode hey wait we use an 8th chevron to lock to another galaxy! cool!

southside97
December 6th, 2004, 11:13 AM
hey didn't they have to fix their mistake so that must mean they go back twice? so then that would mean they would have to find the solar flare thing again? :S

and i was kidding about the 9th chevron thing... who knows what it does. i just hope they answer it before the series is over with.

Darren
December 6th, 2004, 11:41 AM
I would love to see a scene where a main character gets to meet an Ancient, and asks what the ninth chevron is for. The Ancient begins to explain it in very clear terms, and is suddenly shot in the back by a staff weapon before he can get anything out. :)

AzMcNeil
December 6th, 2004, 11:56 AM
I would love to see a scene where a main character gets to meet an Ancient, and asks what the ninth chevron is for. The Ancient begins to explain it in very clear terms, and is suddenly shot in the back by a staff weapon before he can get anything out. :)

It would be even meaner if they met an ancient and he said "oh the 9th chevron, it's nothing. Bob over just doesn't know when to quite when he's decorating, that silly goose!"

:D

Mr Prophet
December 6th, 2004, 12:03 PM

I would guess that they will figure out that the reason the Ancients didn't use time travel is that it is a whole can of worms and is almost impossible to use safely. This would probably involve either a tragedy or a near-tragedy in Moebius - something terrible enough that they rule out future use of the time ship, and in fact destroy the flux capacitor or whatever.

Gothann
December 6th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Tee hee, you're all partially wrong...

I won't say why, yet, but you all are (unless someone asks me to reveal crucial plot twists from Before I Sleep, of SG: Atlantis, I won't even dare use a spoiler tag to mention any of it in this post, I'm too scared)

LateFan
December 8th, 2004, 03:59 AM
OMG!! Watched it last night! WEEEE!!!! Episodes 14 and 15 have to best thus far as going into the mythology of StarGate...

Mr Prophet
December 8th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Tee hee, you're all partially wrong...

I won't say why, yet, but you all are (unless someone asks me to reveal crucial plot twists from Before I Sleep, of SG: Atlantis, I won't even dare use a spoiler tag to mention any of it in this post, I'm too scared)

Yes; how dare you put spoilers for Before I Sleep in a thread tagged for spoilers for Before I Sleep. :rolleyes:

Elite Anubis Guard
December 11th, 2004, 09:12 AM
doesnt the mw gate differ cos its for another gate network and the time ships a totally different thing isnt it.

they find it in atlantis!

benmecha
April 4th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Remember Mobius, when they went back in time? The thing taking up half the back partition lit up? That's the time device. It's just a PJ with extra hardware, like the infamous Deorean. It wasn't made that way from the ground up, and as long as it has power, it can do exactly the same stuff as an Atlantis PJ. Fly, VTOL, fire Drones (it's outta ammo, though), cloak (broken due to incoming fire, but it worked for a while), dial gate remotely, interface with user via gene. I never saw a regular PJ do anything else. Actually, PJs can also remotely access the Atlantis sunroof, but I don't see any Ancient sunroofs on Earth :p