This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ancient time ship (spoilers!!!!)

you have been warned. right so anyone read the gateworld summary for moebius. it says they use an ancient time ship that they find in "its good to be king" maybe that is why the ship doesnt look like a normal PJ.

given this info, and the info for "before i sleep", it seems the ancients did perfect time travel. interesting stuff. i wonder if the ancient time ship is desgigned then like a PJ.....
    come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

It could be one of the reasons to why the PJ in "It's good to be king" is diffrent to the one's in Atlantis.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
      you have been warned. right so anyone read the gateworld summary for moebius. it says they use an ancient time ship that they find in "its good to be king" maybe that is why the ship doesnt look like a normal PJ.

given this info, and the info for "before i sleep", it seems the ancients did perfect time travel. interesting stuff. i wonder if the ancient time ship is desgigned then like a PJ.....
      I'm guessing you're right, the "Time Ship" of Before I Sleep will most likely be a PJ. I guess I'll have to wait for tomorrow to find out! (God I love TMN)

As for the PJ itself, maybe all PJs have the function, though it's locked for most people. (Remember, they only just recently discovered the programming of these things, in 38-Minutes McKay didn't know what he was doing when he wanted to hack the PJ's "nacelles")
      Enter my game site...

Comment

im loooking forward to before i sleep tomorrow too. i have HIGH HIGH hopes for this episode and think it will tlel us a lot about the ancients. if not, im going to be sooooooo pissed
        come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

How exactly do the puddle jumpers differ from the timeships?
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I have feeling it won't answer all the question many people hope it will instead it may open up new questions.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
              How exactly do the puddle jumpers differ from the timeships?
              Spoilers go to SG-1 and Atlantis series...
              Spoiler:
              The Puddle Jumper is a StarGate ship, it's supposed to allow travel into any hazardous condition when going offworld in SG: Atlantis.

The Timeship in SG-1 seems to have a difference in how it functions, since from what we know up till now they must have hacked the internal systems in order to make the time travel jump, something I'm sure Dr. McKay in SG:A should have noticed by now.

So, uh... Yeah. There's what I've seen as difference.
              Enter my game site...

Comment

But how could the PJ time travel? I dont think it could just dissapear on its own and go back in time, and i dont think it could go back in time when entering a wormhole, i thought they did the soler flair thing.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

that's why they have that 9th chevron! now we get to see it in action!! woot woot!

Comment

But if the 9th chevron was for that, and using a solerflair wasent the only way to time travel, then why dident the ancients do that when the plage struk? instead of building a time machine that dident work, that we say in WoO

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

9th chevron do you know somethin I don't I have heard or read nothing that suggested they are going to use the 9th chevron.

Comment

So the difference between a time jumper and a puddle jumper is the fact that the time jumper can travel through time? I was expecting more.

that's why they have that 9th chevron! now we get to see it in action!! woot woot!
                        Geez, not this again...

But if the 9th chevron was for that, and using a solerflair wasent the only way to time travel, then why dident the ancients do that when the plage struk?
                        The answer is: It's not.

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Let's no go there keep the 9th chevron out of it lol

Comment

is it just me or does a time traveling ship seem lame of the worst kind? time travel should remain something hard to do, unpridicable and dangeorus. thats why solar flairs were good we couldn't predict them.

if we have a ship where u can simply put in the date and away u go that opens a whole can of worms on why they dont just use that all the time to fix what ever they screw up then no one will care about the desitions they make because they can chasnge them. and bam now the show isn't stargate its back to the future.

i hope this thing gets destroyed quickly or at least works off the rules already established in the series, and it still uses some combination of stargate travel and solar flairs. so it only works at very rare times when u have a small window to some places/times?

Comment

i hope this thing gets destroyed quickly or at least works off the rules already established in the series, and it still uses some combination of stargate travel and solar flairs. so it only works at very rare times when u have a small window to some places/times?
                              We haven't seen it in action yet, so we don't know how it works yet, but I agree with you about it being destroyed or at least damaged.

The time circuits will probably go kablooey at the end of "Mobius prt 2". That will leave them with a functional puddlejumper, but they won't be able to time travel anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X