Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Top Sci-fi show of all time (SG1, BSG, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: Top Sci-fi show of all time (SG1, BSG, etc.)

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...f_alltime.html

In honor of the season finale of the critically-acclaimed series, 'Battlestar Galactica', the News presents our picks for the ten best sci-fi shows in the universe.

Is the Sci-Fi Channel hit the greatest of all time? Did we conspire to push 'The X-Files' to the top? Where does 'Star Trek' beam into the list? Did 'Sliders' fall off the top ten? Set the debate on 'stun'...

Take our Poll
    Best show in the cosmos
    What is the greatest sci-fi TV series of all time?

Babylon 5
    Battlestar Galactica (new)
    Battlestar Galctica (original)
    Doctor Who
    Farscape
    Firefly
    Fringe
    Lost
    Lost in Space
    Outer Limits
    Prisoner
    Quantum Leap
    Sliders
    Star Trek (original)
    Star Trek: Deep Space 9
    Star Trek: Next Generation
    Stargate SG-1
    Twilight Zone
    X-Files

(Note: I alphabetized the list; it's in a different order on the web site. VOTE today!)

I think Success wise and entertaiment wise, Stargate SG-1 should be # 1! Stargate SG-1 is the longest running Science Fiction series. Stargate is the only drama series to make it 5 Seasons on SCI FI. It did it with SG-1 and SGA.
    sigpic

Comment

Putting TOS ahead of SG-1, Farscape and B5... hmm... can't say I dig that.

Haha, people still remember Sliders? Those first two seasons were great but they were followed by three terrible seasons. I'm surprised they put that on there.

I really don't know which one to pick. I like too much stuff.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

My first instinct was to pick Babylon 5. It'll probably always be my favorite and I can't pinpoint why (also, I don't care why ).

It's hard to deny the contributions of The Outer Limits or The Twilight Zone or Dr. Who.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
          Putting TOS ahead of SG-1, Farscape and B5... hmm... can't say I dig that.

Haha, people still remember Sliders? Those first two seasons were great but they were followed by three terrible seasons. I'm surprised they put that on there.

I really don't know which one to pick. I like too much stuff.
          Lol, yeah. Sliders slid off my list around about then, too. ST: TOS is definitely ahead of SG-1 in my list.

It was an easy one for me. The show - exactly where it should be - right at the top in prion's list.
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            I think Success wise and entertaiment wise, Stargate SG-1 should be # 1! Stargate SG-1 is the longest running Science Fiction series. Stargate is the only drama series to make it 5 Seasons on SCI FI. It did it with SG-1 and SGA.
            I think you'll find Doctor Who is the longest running sci fi series.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
              I think you'll find Doctor Who is the longest running sci fi series.
              I meant U.S. show.
              sigpic

Comment

RDM's bsg in at number 2
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

*sulks* Wants Atlantis in there.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoeRocks View Post
                    *sulks* Wants Atlantis in there.
                    if the series was more like season 1 it would be IMO
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hmmm...that's hard, because to me Sci-Fi has shifted so much in the last 3-4 decades. I wouldn't class Lost the same way I class SG-1. They are completely different in my mind; Lost being sort of a hybridization of network TV and sci-fi elements.

Having to pick, though, I'd probably rate ST:NG as the best all time so far, just because I think it really added some depth to the Sci-Fi genre--at least, it felt like the campiness shifted away from garbage can Daleks to something a little darker.

For personal reasons, I put Firefly at the top of my lists because I still think it is one of the cleverest, most well-written, well-acted shows of all time. And despite being a hybrid, Lost makes me geek girl giddy every week.
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        agreed..maybe if they also didnt re use stories from sg1...just saying....but why are the x-files and twilight zone beating sg1 and firfly...dont get it....i know they were popular but i cant get into them and so not see how they trump sg1 or firefly...but more so sg1.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          SGA did win the PCA for Season 4, last year over Dr. Who and BSG. That award likely gets taken from the same group of statistics as that top 10 list.

So makes you wonder. Still SG-1 should of been above BSG. BSG as much as I love it, is overrated.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            SGA did win the PCA for Season 4, last year over Dr. Who and BSG. That award likely gets taken from the same group of statistics as that top 10 list.

So makes you wonder. Still SG-1 should of been above BSG. BSG as much as I love it, is overrated.
                            Just like SG-1 and even Stargate in general (SG-1, Atlantis, etc.) is underrated.

I voted for SG-1. It is the series that got me into science fiction. It had a nice blend between science fiction, mythology, and many other elements.

Shame. I hope it stays on the list...X_x

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                              Just like SG-1 and even Stargate in general (SG-1, Atlantis, etc.) is underrated.
                              Oh yeah, totally agree. Some eps of SG-1 and SGA were powerful and dramatic enough to even make a grown man cry.

When the SGA movie comes out, the fans can really show them how popular SGA is. Heck, even the Season 4 Boxset sold very well.

Don't have to remind anyone how successful SG-1 has still been even with it off as a TV series.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X