Who could build the best ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who could build the best ship

lets say in an alternate reality all races that have been on stargate were still around and not at war and they were all at there peek of tech that we have seen them have. i no this is unlikely but sill.

who could build the most powerful ship. all ships would have the same mass. choose any mass to answer. you may think 1 race for large ships and another for small ships
    all ships most have tech that can be given to a fleet. please dont say a ship with 100 zpms and a million drones. earth can use asgard tech but only what we can make our selves.

so who would it be???

the ancients because if they made an ori sized vessel equiped with atlantis like shields and powered by like 10 ZPMs and equiped with like 100,000 drones and replication tech to make more and even a version of that fancy beam weapon used by the lagrangiopoint satalite, no ship would be able to stand against it.

oh yeah and it should also be equiped with a pulse generator of some kind thats able to send out a disruption wave thats able to make replicator ships fall apart.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

ancients.

more is there not to say.
      Shows I see:Stargate, Bones, Fringe, Supernatural, V 2009, Top gear, Criminal Minds, Sanctuary
      Things I like:Kids, My wife, My god old Ferrari, My(wife´s) Audi RS4, Intel PC

Comment

well, that depends on if the ori are still ascended. if the Ancients are no longer ascended, why would the ori be? becouse otherwise we would just be fighting races controlled by the ori, and not the ori themselves, which would deminish their ability.
        sigpic

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by IMDB
        Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
        Hehe

Comment

that's easy:

I'd say the asgard (without them being constantly at war with the replicators (for hundreds of years - if not longer) they could have developed much faster (as they would have had the chance to "conquer" their genetic problem as they would not have needed to pour almost all of their recources into warfare (also i am sure this war produced some nifty technologies as war/conflict always does (look at coldwar on earth)) and they cold have fully exhausted the knowledge of the ancient database they possesed....)

as for the rest i do a ranking:

1. Asgard (explanation is above ^^)
          2. Ancients (if they got their heads out of their asses and where not hell bent on ascention (i mean: Why ascend if you don't allow yourself to use all the fancy powers you gain?))
          3. Maybe the Furlings
          4. Other

greetings LAX

Comment

asgard

Comment

asgard followed by us at our current level of tech

The ancients never impressed me much. It's like they're a society of scientists with no warriors or engineers to git er done.

Comment

I'd say the Ancients could build the best ship, hell they probably already did, I mean Auroras when powered off of ZPMs were able to go deep into Wraith territory for months before the Wraith somehow managed to board them, Atlantis's shields could potentially withstand a Siege sized fleet for a few weeks before failing when powered off of 3 ZPMs, nothing built by the Asgard has ever been shown to do that.

Don't get me wrong I think the Asgard were a great race, we're getting there using their tech, but the Ancients could just make a ship with Atlantis style shield emitters, power it off of 3 ZPMs and it would own everything in it's path.

Comment

If the ancients built a ship, maybe four or five km long (a bit bigger than atlantis), but ship-styled, maybe a bulkier Aurora type ship, with 3 ZPMs for the übershields, and 2 ZPMs for hyperdrive, weapons, sublight drive and the rest, they would utterly pwn everyone in the universe. i mean, imagine a battle primed atlantis with nearly two times the power supply?

they could probably conquer the galaxy in a matter of days with a couple of ships like that...
                  sigpic

Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by IMDB
                  Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                  Hehe

Comment

Asgard, no more to say, but maybe earth whit the Asgard core.
                    sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Clearly the Ancients, best shields curtousy of Atlantis, best power generation e.g. ZPMs, an Ancient outpost style drone launcher and some of those satellite weapons and nothing could touch it. The Asgard couldn't come close.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Id also go with the asgard. They're unmatched in speed, APBWs, considering rate of fire and power are easily superior to drones (seeing how the asgrd knew how to pass through atlantisis shield, i doubt drones skip asgard shields, and without that, theyre just guided fire crackers) and the lantian satelite. In light of first strike and EatG, i see no reason to think atlantisis shields are anything special, or powerfull, compared to asgard/ori, their only advantage is the much larger generators/emmiters that arent usualy (but can be by any race) put on ships do to size. The only thing the ancients could have thats a bit superior, would be power generation, and even then, i dont believe the difference would be very big.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Something like the Antarctica Drone launcher can launch thousands of Drones in seconds, even if an Asgard ship had dozens of beam arrays they couldn't match a swarm of thousands of Drones which IMO would easily penetrate Asgard shields in seconds with that many of them.
                          Asgard shields may be marginally more effective against Drones than most race's shield tech but I don't see them becoming immune especially against a huge swarm of the things.
                          An Ancient ship designed to work in space, making the best use of a bunch of ZPMs and with shields capable of holding off a Hive fleet attack for weeks, would be insanely strong, we've never seen a race make a shield as large or powerful as Atlantis's when fully powered other than maybe the Asurans, but not Earth, Goauld, Asgard or even the Milky Way Replicators.
                          I know it wasn't directly stated but Atlantis seemed too me able to get to the Milky Way in EATG in less than a day, 4 days seems to be the limit of Asgard hyperdrives from Misbegotten and using a ZPM on Odyssey to boost it.

The Super Hive was a special case and using Ancient power tech to make it's weapons better, but even then it easily took many more shots than Daedalus could with Asgard tech, judging by the number of shots the Super Hive fired it was a few times what even Odyssey could have handled.
                          As for the Asgard they were Pegasus Asgards, probably experienced in Ancient tech first hand, perhaps grabbing an Ancient ship and taking time to figure out exactly how to penetrate it's shield just like a Jumper can so I don't see how the Ida Asgards could be proficient in tweaking their shields against that.

I just don't see how the Ida Asgards could beat the Ancients to the post with the tech they've been shown to have.

Comment

Well, APBW could take down Atlantises shields, It took down an Arurora in a few shots, and the Drones they weren't exactly the stronger ones.
                            But if they came in a swarm they would have destroyd the asgard ships.
                            And this may seem of-topic but, why didn't they fier ground drones in BAMSR???
                            It was kinda boring that they didn't
                            sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
                              Well, APBW could take down Atlantises shields, It took down an Arurora in a few shots, and the Drones they weren't exactly the stronger ones.
                              But if they came in a swarm they would have destroyd the asgard ships.
                              And this may seem of-topic but, why didn't they fier ground drones in BAMSR???
                              It was kinda boring that they didn't
                              As far as Asgard beam weapons taking down Atlantis's shields there's no evidence that would be the case, they've never been used against directly Ancient built tech, some people like yourself here assume that since the beams can eventually go through every shield they've been used against that they would work equally on ships that haven't been shown to take hits from them.
                              The Aurora or Auroras (I can't remember from BAMSR how many Auroras were shown to get hit or destroyed by the beams) that the beams destroyed were Asuran built, not Ancient and those like myself here who believe the Ancients could build the better ship are not talking about using regular Aurora shield emitters, but Atlantis style ones and the ship would IMO not have to be as big as Atlantis, maybe Atlantis in length, built large enough to accommodate the bigger/better, plenty of Drones, but designed to be as power efficient as possible so as not to be under powered, but overpowered and truly making the most out of Ancient tech.

I'm not sure what you mean by stronger Drones, the Traveler's (presumably) Ancient built Aurora looked to take out the Asuran one with a small volley and only a couple Drones made it through the Anti-Drone fire to still get taken out, the Ancient Traveler one didn't get anything from my recollection.

About the whole fearing surface Drones thing, Sheppard did say the Replicators would be firing them, I think you can see a few here and there in the background of the battle, but I just figured since the Asurans had been building ships, resupplying their fleet, they could have been low on ammo at the time, hence why you see some larger energy/plasma bolts coming from their Auroras.
                              If Asuran Drone tech isn't up to the Ancient's level of punchiness then that could explain why they didn't seem to get many kills, what a Traveler Ship and possibly a Hive?
                              Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 20 March 2009, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X