Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would some alien race think this ship is a invader?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would some alien race think this ship is a invader?

Ok it's a follow up ship. But what if some alien race gets a hold of it and think this ship is prelude to an invasion of humans or a away to wipe them out and replace their race with humans.From what we've seen the Alterans have seeded 3 galaxies and made humans one of the Dominate species in those Galaxies .

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post
    Ok it's a follow up ship. But what if some alien race gets a hold of it and think this ship is prelude to an invasion of humans or a away to wipe them out and replace their race with humans.From what we've seen the Alterans have seeded 3 galaxies and made humans one of the Dominate species in those Galaxies .
    it's a good point, maybe the race that think's it's an invader will be the enemy in the series

Comment

Ofcourse, there could be built in communications to ask permission on planets inhabited with advanced species. They may just avoid those plants all together, although that seems to be the purpose...to explore the galaxy.

Don't we know of at least 4 galaxies with gates?
      1) Milky Way
      2) Pegasus
      3) Asgard
      4) Ori...although these may have been built by the Ori and not Alterans
      sigpic

Comment

Do the Asgard really have gates in their galaxy? As far as I know there was one on their homeworld, when Jack first got their. But we don't know for sure if they had more than that one.
        Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
        Jack: "What?"
        Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
        Jack: "What?"
        Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
        Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
        - - - - -
        Knight Rider S01E11
        KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
        - - - - -
        Eureka S03E12
        Bismarck: This is madness.
        Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

thor said that the acients built a gate system in their galaxy and then went
          Captain Simms

Comment

Originally posted by nxcalibur View Post
            Do the Asgard really have gates in their galaxy? As far as I know there was one on their homeworld, when Jack first got their. But we don't know for sure if they had more than that one.
            it's a pretty safe bet, considering their knowledge of it

Comment

1) Maybe the ship is programmed to avoid those planets altogether and only seed human populated ones

2) If the alien species is advanced enough to know what the Stargate does and who the Ancients are, then they should know that the primary purpose of the gate is for travel, not invasion.

3) The Ancients want to seed the galaxy with Stargates; how an alien or human race choose to use it (invasion, exploration, etc.) is of little or no concern to them, considering their "non-interference" policy.
              sigpic

Comment

its possible...an unknown ship flying around unable to stop..might be seen as threat

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post
                  Unless Destiny has some means to communicate it's intent to every possible race in the known universe upon it's arrival some races will IMO more than likely automatically think Destiny's arrival could be the prelude to an alien invasion.
                  TBH though it really depends on the kinds of species that the ship encounters, if it's a territorial race, you know people that shoot first and ask questions later then I'd see them thinking an attack may be immanent and try to take the ship out.
                  If Destiny encounters explorers then they may just be intrigued by the vessel's arrival.

In the end IMO it depends on the various races way of thinking, so I wouldn't pigeon hole every race and say yeah they're gonna think they're doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by nxcalibur View Post
                    The asgard in pegasus said they have no use for the gates, so it could hint that the asgard don't really use them, apart from thor.
                    Tst

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                      Ofcourse, there could be built in communications to ask permission on planets inhabited with advanced species. They may just avoid those plants all together, although that seems to be the purpose...to explore the galaxy.

Don't we know of at least 4 galaxies with gates?
                      1) Milky Way
                      2) Pegasus
                      3) Asgard
                      4) Ori...although these may have been built by the Ori and not Alterans
                      a gate was never seen in the Ori Galaxy, besides the super gates.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                        The asgard in pegasus said they have no use for the gates, so it could hint that the asgard don't really use them, apart from thor.
                        I don't remember ever seeing Thor using the gate. As I recall the Asgard are always in their ships, because they can travel extremely fast across the galaxy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                          I don't remember ever seeing Thor using the gate. As I recall the Asgard are always in their ships, because they can travel extremely fast across the galaxy.
                          I know of at least one instance in the final episode of season 5 where Frere used the gate to come to Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                            i know of a few episodes where Thor does go through the gate... cant remember which ones but i am 95% sure he goes through more than twice
                            "The chinese government does not believe in hiding secrets from it's people"

Comment

if the asgard use the gate they must have zpms or a power source equivelent to a zpm because there in another galaxy... if they did why didnt earth just ask them for it or one that they could build for them to use it to get to atlantis instead of using the deadalus..... or the prometheus in "prometheus unbound"!!!
                              Last edited by chevron670; 17 March 2009, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X