This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate On Showtime!!

Did any of you actually watch Stargate SG-1 while it was on Showtime?? whats your story...?
    http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7...itebeam6aw.gif

well as for me I had stolen cable so yes..................I started watching because it was a premium chanel so i guessed it would be good....it was and now I'm here.......hehe

Comment

stealing cable is wrong, it ruins quality for other people in ther area

Comment

One time in our local area they busted a bunch of cable stealers by advertising a free shirt (or something like that) during a boxing match... they sent out some kind of signal that only showed up on pirated receivers. so when the add played and people called in they got their addresses and bustedthem all. Got around 300 + if I remember right. it was 3 or 4 years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
          stealing cable is wrong, it ruins quality for other people in ther area
          Straight-up.
          "Welcome to my life ." Maj. Samantha Carter

Comment

I watched on Showtime, but fairly irregularly for the first two seasons as I didn't have Showtime at home yet. So I watched it when visiting people who taped it or when they had the free preview weekends. By the third season my cable company acquired comeptition with much more reasonable prices.
            Last edited by auralan; 11 May 2004, 07:24 AM. Reason: typos, wonderful typos
            *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

tisk tisk the stargate team will be bankrupt for people like yourself*cough*thief*cough*

Comment

Every Friday night at 10:00 PM everyone knew what I was doing. It's one of the only reasons we subscribed to Showtime.
                "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

And I'm Wrong again........................sorry showtime........I liked it better there because NO COMERSIALS..........ohh well still cool...

Comment

Unfortunately I didn't manage to catch it on Showtime. Though I do remember when RDA was on Letterman promoting his new show based on that Stargate movie. I remember thinking, "Poor guy. He just went downhill after MacGuyver.

Fast forward about 5 years and I caught a few re-runs from season 4 late night on Saturday night and I'm hooked.
                    "Maktal shree! Loc'tak. Mek'ta satak Oz! Moktal Oz. Moktal Oz, Kree!" - Daniel Jackson

"So, you want to be my Oma?" - Jack O'Neill

Comment

SciFiFridays on Showtime were just so great! I've never disconnected it because there are still some good shows and/or movies each month. It's worth it to me since I don't go out much, except to my doctoral classes!
                      Nmom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elhSG1
                        Every Friday night at 10:00 PM everyone knew what I was doing. It's one of the only reasons we subscribed to Showtime.
                        There was something on Showtime besides Stargate SG-1?
                        Major Kawalsky
                        I've clawed my way from Mature to Fodder! WOOHOO!
                        U.S. Stargate Command

Comment

Originally posted by anubis3355
                          Did any of you actually watch Stargate SG-1 while it was on Showtime?? whats your story...?

The city I lived in at the time when "Stargate" premiered didn't even have cable -- so I pleaded, begged, cajoled, and outright blackmailed a friend to tape the first two seasons for me. She'd mail a tape with two episodes from MN to CA, I'd watch both episodes, and then wait very impatiently for the next tape.

Once we got cable just before season three premiered, I watched the first runs on Showtime, and continued watching the previous season on Syndication.

I really enjoyed watching the episodes on Showtime, because there were no commercials. Ah...those were the days.

Now, I watch the first run on SciFi Channel and continue to watch in Syndication also.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I got Showtime for "Stargate SG1", and canceled it when the show left. I do miss watching the episodes straight through, no commercials, with really good stereo. I also miss the Egyptian head , It was also much easier to read the credits. But that's why they have DVDs.
                            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

I started watching S2 on Showtime, but very much on and off. I saw COTG on there first though, when my friend ( a big fan of the movie ) showed it to me.
                              Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

Working...
                              X