X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theory on end 'The Siege' (Spoilers !)

Okay, here's what I think will happen.
    Remember, this is just geusswork.

Deadalus shows up, but gets blasted to bits.
    Somehow the ZPM survives.
    They find the ZPM, plug it into the Weapons platform from 'The Defiant One' just in time, and power the thing up.
    The platform fires, blowing the Hive ships to pieces.
    But the move drains the ZPM, so basically nothing changes.

Any other theories out there ?
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

I think something like that will happen, but I think the zpm would retain a decent amount of power where they could turn the whole city on. Enough to power the city, but still not enough to turn the shield on for any long period of time without draining it entirely.

Cause TPTB said they aren't gonna be looking to power the city forever. they eventually have to move past that or people are going to really start getting sick of it. It would be like

"oooh atlantis... big deal it's not like they can do anything with it it."

Just my thoughts onto your thoughts. wow... I swear I'm not trying to mind meld or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha17X
      I think something like that will happen, but I think the zpm would retain a decent amount of power where they could turn the whole city on. Enough to power the city, but still not enough to turn the shield on for any long period of time without draining it entirely.

Cause TPTB said they aren't gonna be looking to power the city forever. they eventually have to move past that or people are going to really start getting sick of it. It would be like

"oooh atlantis... big deal it's not like they can do anything with it it."

Just my thoughts onto your thoughts. wow... I swear I'm not trying to mind meld or anything.
      wait im confused. tptb are going to try to power the city or not power the city?
      come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

I don't believe that the Daedulas is distroyed .. I believe we will see it in later season 2. I do think that it is crippled though and in need of repairs. Other that that I hope that they can finially power the city and mmove on Lets devolp this show allready
        " You can not gain anything without first giving something in exchange

Ed- Full Metal Alchemist

Comment

I doubt the weapons platform will be used in the season finale. It was supposedly damaged, and the ZPM would be of much greater use plugged into Atlantis to power it's shield.
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Here's my theory guessed on some of the pics we've seen for it:
            1) the SG-1 Finale is actually a direct tie-in to Atlantis. They know Atlantis is about to get attacked by the Wraith, and need a ZPM in order to power the shield and weapons.
            2) SG-1 gets the ZPM, open up a wormhole to Atlantis and sends a new military commander and new supplies and manpower. They then place the ZPM aboard the new Deadalus battleship which has Asguard Engines on it and they set a course for Atlantis. (since they can't send the ZPM through the gate, since it's the power source that it keeping it open)
            3) The Wraith scout ships make their initial approach, and Atlantis must fight them off.
            4) They use the ZPM, plug it into the Weapons platform from 'The Defiant One' and blow the wraith into pieces.
            5) the Deadalus battleship is sent back to earth (since they need it to protect Earth more than Atlantis). Note that this Deadalus and a refited Prometheus will be sent to Atlantis on a regular basis after this to maintain contact from earth and send supplies. The ZPM will still have enough power to raise the shields now and then, and to open communications back to Stargate Command.
            6) The New Military command is still in place by the end of the season, which will be a source of conflict for the season 2 premier (where of course the new dude will die a slow and painful death in the hands of the wraith).

Just my vision of it!

Comment

Originally posted by saxamoophone
              3) The Wraith scout ships make their initial approach, and Atlantis must fight them off.
              4) They use the ZPM, plug it into the Weapons platform from 'The Defiant One' and blow the wraith into pieces.
              One problem with your idea is where do they get the zpm from if it is on Deadules.
              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

We might have more than one ZPM.

Spoiler:
                The Brotherhood, that is a "ZPM search episode". The pics indicate we get to keep the damn thing probably because the woman who has a crush on McKay gives him the module.

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
                One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
                One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
                Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
                Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
                Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

I thought it was because

Spoiler:
                  we swap it with the genii girl from "The Eye"
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                    I thought it was because

Spoiler:
                    we swap it with the genii girl from "The Eye"
                    This makes more sense

You see I haven't read the spoilers for Storm and the Eye

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
                    One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
                    One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
                    Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
                    Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
                    Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

One of the pictures for the siege would seem to indicate that someone is tinkering with the Ancient Weapons Array, as someone is floating in a suit by a thing in space with Ancient Symbols on it, so I think its the AWA.

So I reckon this, in conjunction with the Deadalus will defend Atlantis, one of them will get blown to smithereens so they are like:

"Hmm if it took all that this time, and now we don't have all that, and they come again, crap!"

Hmm..

Comment

5) the Deadalus battleship is sent back to earth (since they need it to protect Earth more than Atlantis). Note that this Deadalus and a refited Prometheus will be sent to Atlantis on a regular basis after this to maintain contact from earth and send supplies.
                        S
                        P
                        O
                        I
                        L
                        E
                        R

But the Deadalus' engines were being boosted by the ZPM.
                        Without it, it will take years, maybe centuries to fly back to the MW-Galaxy.
                        So that doesn't work out.
                        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

We might have more than one ZPM.
                          Heh, didn't think of that. Also haven't seen the new pictures for The Siege yet either, guess I should go spoil myself now.
                          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

So Earth needs a ZPM for the Outpost.
                            Atlantis needs a ZPM for the city's shield.
                            Atlantis's weapon platform needs a ZPM.
                            The Daedalus needs a ZPM to reach Pegasus and back.

Spoilers for New Order Part 1
                            Spoiler:

I suppose Asgard designed hyperdrives will not be fast enough to reach Pegasus in time. We are led to believe the galaxy is much farther away than Ida... So we can't free one up there.

We don't know if that weapon platform will be worth anything.

The Wraith have had ~ 10,000 years to advance their weaponry. They should get through any Ancient shield by now.

Comment

6) The New Military command is still in place by the end of the season, which will be a source of conflict for the season 2 premier (where of course the new dude will die a slow and painful death in the hands of the wraith).

I think they should kill the old women off, you know Weir. Think about it, she dies, no one likes her anyways and everyone would cheer, plus Shepperd who they really developed badly, would be in conflict with what his higher up says.

The Wraith did not have 10,000 years to evolve, they are always asleep or eating. It's like saying Homer will become a genius in the 10,016th season of the Simpsons when all he does is eat, sleep and drink beer.
                              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Working...
                              X