• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echoes (107)

Visit the Episode GuideDOLLHOUSE - SEASON ONE
    ECHOES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 107

Moments from Echo's real past bleed through during an engagement, sending her off-mission to a university where a drug that compromises the mind has been set loose.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 December 2013, 11:02 PM.

That was a really cool episode. I love that we got a glimpse into who Caroline was and how the Dollhouse goes about recruiting its new members. The whole five year contract thing is fascinating. I wonder if they actually live up to it? I also wonder what they promised to do for Caroline.

Topher and all the other ones going nuts was amusing. I especially like how Stu (That was his name on Judging Amy and I can't seem to remember his name is on the show... Mr. Alvarez, I think?) kept apologizing to Echo about trying to burn her alive.

What's most interesting, I think, is that they clearly all can remember their engagements under the "right" circumstances. I would think that they would eventually overload, or the memory blocks would permanently break down. Then I bet they'd be like vegetables or just plain nuts. Something to think about, anyway.
    sigpic

Comment

It's all very interesting. Victor clearly remembered something from his past life, as did Echo, but Sierra freaked about being Tabula Rasa in the Dollhouse. I wonder if there's any significance to that?

Echo leaving in the middle of an engagement to go to the college is yet more proof that all is not well in Dollhouse-land. Things are seeping through even without that drug's influence and it seems that next week is going to be a climax of sorts in that regard. Typical, since I'll be in Vancouver and won't be able to see it until I get back. Grrr.

Jackass Security Guy was hilarious! The whole "This is so heavy!" thing and then the apologies to Echo. LOL!

Are we meant to think that something happened between Topher and "I'm very British" Lady or did he just randomly decide to take off his pants? Could go either way and in the long run it'll probably be a "they didn't" situation but daaamn, that would be FUNNY!

November's freakout was likewise interesting. She remembered stuff from her ongoing personality imprint. I wonder what'll be up with her leaving. The "friend" crashing at her place will clearly be another Active, but will it be Ballard's contact or what?

I'll write more when I have time to think it all out (I'd still like to know what the true purpose behind the Dollhouse is) but for now... good stuff. It's kind of a shame the show couldn't have been this gangbusters right from the start. I know a slow build can be good and I don't mind them when the payoff is rewarding like this, but from an audience numbers perspective it's a dangerous prospect. Hope the show isn't already doomed, but even if it is it sure seems likely to go out with a bang.

BTW, Agent Victor? Very hot!

Comment

This was a other pretty descent episode. The whole gun thing was funny, and how he kept on apologising for the whole trying to burn you alive, like it a part of his job.

Although I was thinking that Alpha was somehow behind the whole plot, especially when they were talking about the drug changing inside the dolls, it was looked this has been planned, espically as it was not suppose to affect the dolls at all.
        The Doll house it self seem to have some link to the company to.
        Thought the whole flash backs were good and they are slowly opening the dolls past lives to us.

I do not know what happen to caroline but we know she uncovered humans experiments, which I got the feeling is part of the greater dollhouse plans. I think the contract was either to end the animal experiments or to save her boyfriend.
        Last edited by knowles2; 28 March 2009, 07:09 AM.

Comment

whats this I hear? more plot development? and tons of Joss style Humor!? YAY!

seriously this episode was bloody hilarious for various reasons already stated

and next weeks episode looks awesome as well

Comment

Epsidoe 6 (last week) and episode 7 (this week) have really taken the show to a new level, its just a shame that Fox has to mess around with the first 5 episode rather than leaving Joss do what he wanted. Was nice to see a bit of Joss humour in the episode.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            It's all very interesting. Victor clearly remembered something from his past life, as did Echo, but Sierra freaked about being Tabula Rasa in the Dollhouse. I wonder if there's any significance to that?

November's freakout was likewise interesting. She remembered stuff from her ongoing personality imprint. I wonder what'll be up with her leaving. The "friend" crashing at her place will clearly be another Active, but will it be Ballard's contact or what?
            They all freaked out about a major tramatic experience that had happened to them, Victor - a explostion from when he was in the milatry by the looks of it, Echo - death of her boyfreind, Sierra - rape, November - the attack. Did the episode also say that they pick people to be doll becasue of a targic event in there life?? So maybe the drug "activated" the biggest tramatic event thats happened to each of them, whether it happened before or after the became a doll.

Comment

This episode was just fantastic. I loved it very much.
              Echo leaving the guy strapped to the bed, was hilarious, as was Topher totally drugged yet fully functional.
              sigpic

Comment

So why can't episodes 6 and 7 started off the series? Oh wait, Fox wanted the show to appeal to the general public. Where's my eye roll smilie when I need one?

That was another freaking awesome episode. Terrible with names so bare with me. I laughed so hard at the poor british lady when she decided she had to get over the railing in her skirt. And then she did it again. I so don't want to think about why Topher was in his underwear. Didn't think we'd get some Caroline background so soon. Felt sad that Mellie had to leave as Ballard's neighbour. Hope we still see her doll though. The humour was spot on in this episode.

The acting was great, the writing was great and the story was great.
                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                  That was another freaking awesome episode. Terrible with names so bare with me. I laughed so hard at the poor british lady when she decided she had to get over the railing in her skirt. And then she did it again. I so don't want to think about why Topher was in his underwear. Didn't think we'd get some Caroline background so soon. Felt sad that Mellie had to leave as Ballard's neighbour. Hope we still see her doll though. The humour was spot on in this episode.
                  I'd have much rather settled for seeing "poor British lady" in her knickers trying to climb over the railing but given I nearly woke up the house laughing at some points during the episode it's probably best I don't tell the wife that....

Comment

I really, really liked this episode. I am so happy to see that "Dollhouse" has finally arrived.

It was fascinating to see what kind of person Caroline was and how the dollhouse did their recruitments. I also wonder if Alpha had something to do with the drug. It was funny to see how Topher and all the other guys reacted to it.
                    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

This one was probably the best ep of the series so far.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Interesting episode. Opens up a lot more questions and challenged a number of my assumptions.
                        So the Dollhouse is a kind of bonded labour... doesn't make it less dodgy but the five year contract thing is interesting. I'm curious as to what does happen after five years. It seems also that they're looking for a particular type -- someone with a bit of initiative, drive... even idealistic perhaps?
                        I'm intrigued by the whole drinking Chinese/Japanese tea ritual that De Witt does everytime she puts her offer on her table. Don't know if there's any significance apart from the fact that De Witt likes the beverage or that it calms.
                        The Rossum Corp angle is fascinating and of course, we already knew that there was some big, bad corporate monster behind it all but I'm not sure that they're as bad as we were led to believe early on.
                        For the first time in the show, I actually felt a little sorry for Ballard. He hasn't been very subtle. But I'm glad their trying to use Mellie to manipulate him didn't work.
                        I thought it was pretty clever how we got bits of flashbacks and backstory as a result of the drug's effect. Yeah, good stuff. Even a bit of humour in a normally serious show.
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I kinda figured the tea was drugged. But I'm naturally suspicious of free food/drinks. Especially when offered by an enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                            Interesting episode. Opens up a lot more questions and challenged a number of my assumptions.
                            So the Dollhouse is a kind of bonded labour... doesn't make it less dodgy but the five year contract thing is interesting. I'm curious as to what does happen after five years. It seems also that they're looking for a particular type -- someone with a bit of initiative, drive... even idealistic perhaps?
                            I'm intrigued by the whole drinking Chinese/Japanese tea ritual that De Witt does everytime she puts her offer on her table. Don't know if there's any significance apart from the fact that De Witt likes the beverage or that it calms.
                            The Rossum Corp angle is fascinating and of course, we already knew that there was some big, bad corporate monster behind it all but I'm not sure that they're as bad as we were led to believe early on.
                            For the first time in the show, I actually felt a little sorry for Ballard. He hasn't been very subtle. But I'm glad their trying to use Mellie to manipulate him didn't work.
                            I thought it was pretty clever how we got bits of flashbacks and backstory as a result of the drug's effect. Yeah, good stuff. Even a bit of humour in a normally serious show.
                            For the time being, I'm gonna guess that's a lie they use to trick the dolls.
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                              For the time being, I'm gonna guess that's a lie they use to trick the dolls.
                              That's what I thought, too...or maybe the dolls have an expiration date....
                              Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Working...
                              X