Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU to shoot in exotic locale - New Mexico!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU to shoot in exotic locale - New Mexico!

http://www.lcsun-news.com/ci_11888105

"Stargate: Universe" to shoot episode in Alamogordo; will hire 75 local crew members (1:20 p.m.)Sun-News report
    Posted: 03/11/2009 01:14:49 PM MDT

SANTA FE — Gov. Bill Richardson today announced that MGM/Sci Fi Channel will shoot a portion of an episode for "Stargate: Universe" in Alamogordo.

The production will film in and around Alamogordo late April through early May and plans to hire at least 75 local crew members.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

nice..heard this a while back but now its official!

Comment

Thanks for the info but since when has New Mexico been exotic?
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        well compared to the BC forest's we've seen for the last 12 years
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          well, compared to everywhere else SG has filmed... and I was going to add the emoticon but couldn't figure out how to edit the title of the thread. For SG, it is exotic. Otherwise, it's some park in vancouver

Comment

Who is this David Greathouse? a new producer?
            sigpic
            Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
            Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Alamogordo
              That is exotic: I can't even pronounce it.
              Maybe in season two they can to to somewhere really exotic, like Istanbul or Constantinople.
              Last edited by Eternal Density; 11 March 2009, 02:57 PM. Reason: for extra humour
              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                Maybe in season two they can to to somewhere really exotic, like Istanbul or Constantinople.
                Or Tuktoyatuk

Comment

Alamogordo is pretty darn close to White Sands. Could be an interesting episode. Well, if they film in White Sands, that is.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAH. Oh man, I TOTALLY called this. I'm so proud of myself.

Yes, Alamogordo is right next to White Sands National Monument.

Comment

cool. Through it was said in Joe blog that they were scouting location in New Mexico, I thought he was joking at the time, guest not.

Comment

There's enormous tax breaks for film makers shooting in New Mexico. Sort of ironic how U.S. Filmmakers went up to Canada for cost savings and now Canadian Filmmakers are coming back to the states for the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                          Same place...

Comment

I'm sure people in Istanbul don't think it's exotic.
                            At least we won't see Canadian forest... for once.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

*Incredibly loud squeeing from White Sands Missile Range, NM*

This is so cool. Stationed at WSMR, here. Sadly, the odds are low of me actually getting into Alamogordo to even get a peek.

But the squee is still present, nevertheless.
                              "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                              " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                              Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Working...
                              X