X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATA gene in PG

In the episode ''The Tower''

Did anyone notice/find it strange that the Lord protecter and his bloodline even had the ATA gene?
    I mean the only reason that Shep, O'Neill and Joe, etc. have the gene is because of when the ancients returned to MW.
    Other humans of the PG don't appear to have the gene, including Ronan, Teyla and the Genii.

Any thoughts?

[To the Mods: I originally posted this on the ''The Tower'' discussion but there were no repies, and I feel that it is deserving of a thread]
    Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

i think its because the ancients that lived on that city-ship or atleast some of them had children with the humans.
    So passing on the gene.
    it was probably ones that didn't make it back to atlantis and just decided to stay there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgified View Post
      i think its because the ancients that lived on that city-ship or atleast some of them had children with the humans.
      So passing on the gene.
      it was probably ones that didn't make it back to atlantis and just decided to stay there.
      Maybe but wouldn't they have to be quite desperate. No other Lantians of the oppisite sex on the entire City-ship.

Comment

actualy they have it because of evolution.......

you do remember one of the big things of the show was that the tau'ri are the second evolution of the ancients form right?

eventualy every human in the stargate universe will be born with the ATA gene

Comment

Originally posted by ph30nix View Post

you do remember one of the big things of the show was that the tau'ri are the second evolution of the ancients form right?

Hang on if that was the case then wouldn't other humans of the PG and that particular planet have the ATA gene, the Lord protecter & co. can't be that evolved ahead of everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by ph30nix View Post

You do remember one of the big things of the shows that all humans in both MW and PG are the second evolution the Ancients form right? If you are correct then the proportion of people who have the gene on Earth should be the same proportion of people who have the gene in the 2 galaxies. It's been established that some people on Earth have it because the Ancients bred with the ancient peoples of Earth. I guess the reason noone in PG has it is because they kept themselves to themselves while were there, they had separate settlements to the peoples of PG. When they came to Earth they had to integrate themselves into Earth society.
            Last edited by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac; 10 March 2009, 11:22 AM. Reason: typo
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
              You do remember one of the big things of the shows that all humans in both MW and PG are the second evolution the Ancients form right? If you are correct then the proportion of people who have the gene on Earth should be the same proportion of people who have the gene in the 2 galaxies. It's been established that some people on Earth have it because the Ancients bred with the ancient peoples of Earth. I guess the reason noone in PG has it is because they kept themselves to themselves while were there, they had separate settlements to the peoples of PG. When they came to Earth the had to integrate themselves into Earth society.
              Bingo!!!

Comment

Some members of Harmony's family had the ATA gene too.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s4...ipts/414.shtml

McKAY: It's in auto-protect mode! They're patrolling the forest, taking out anybody without the gene. That's why they stayed clear of us and went straight for the Genii. Look, the royal pain here must have it as well.
                sigpic

Comment

No one should have the gene unless one of their ancestors was an Ancient of they received the ATA therapy. The royal family from "The Tower" had it because some of the Lanteans living on their planet must have interbred with their ancestors, but the majority of people in both galaxies should be pure human, seeing as the Ancients never really interbred outside of Earth.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                    Some members of Harmony's family had the ATA gene too.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s4...ipts/414.shtml

McKAY: It's in auto-protect mode! They're patrolling the forest, taking out anybody without the gene. That's why they stayed clear of us and went straight for the Genii. Look, the royal pain here must have it as well.
                    Good thinking there. I haven't seen that ep in a while so forgot it.

Comment

The Lanteans inhabited the Pegasus Galaxy for millions of years. I so no reason why some of their genes may not have made into the Pegasus native humans' pool.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

in rising part 1 Makay says it is just random.
                        ZPM Odyssey

sigpic

Help continue the MALPs in the MALP room song

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...MALP-room-song

Comment

He does, but that's pretty much true of the human population. Go far enough back and we're all related to one another.

But yeah, any person in the PG with the ATA gene must have an Ancient somewhere in their ancestry, just as on Earth. It makes sense that those with the ATA gene would rise to power on planets with otherwise medieval technology, but they had access to Ancient technology, which would appear to be magic to the uneducated majority of the population.
                          sigpic

Comment

In "Sanctuary" Chaya told Shep that there a few ancients which decided to live with humans - not sure but wasn't it also mentioned that some of these ancients fell in love with humans? Anyway!
                            I think the number is stated in a comparison to MW. Pegasus don't have the same population than Milky Way. So I think it's a per cent calculation and there the number is pretty the same PG = MW.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                            Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic
                            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Don't forget that many royal families practiced the intra-family marriage, to preserve the "royal blood" (which led to many genetic disorders due to limited genetic pool) so it's likely that the Tower royal people did the same thing.
                              It's all about startegy. Out-maneuvering the opposition, bending him to your will.
                              -Dexter-

Comment

Working...
                              X