This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard Back from SPACE NETWORK

I recently sent a email to Canada's SPACE NETWORK about weither they will air both Stargate Universe and Sanctuary this fall. And this is what I received today:

Hi Ann-Marie,

Thank you for your interest, but we do not have immediate plans to air these. However, we will definitely make a note of your recommendation for future programming decisions.

Thank you for your interest in SPACE!

www.spacecast.com
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Oh well that sucks. Is that Canada's only sci-fi channel, or do you all get the sci-fi channel there? I guess you'll be with many of the others who are unable to watch it.

Bad news for SGU though, missing out on so many potential customers. The legality on downloading thread is going strong in case you need to take your woes there. heh.

As a sidenote, it's a shame to hear that about Sanctuary too. That's a good show.
    sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

I would be more worried about the Actor Strike crippling the show.
      Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
      End of line.

Comment

Don't quote me on this, but I think The Movie Network aired SGA in Canada and I think it'll probably be the one to air SGU. Did it air Sanctuary?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandria7 View Post
          Oh well that sucks. Is that Canada's only sci-fi channel, or do you all get the sci-fi channel there? I guess you'll be with many of the others who are unable to watch it.

Bad news for SGU though, missing out on so many potential customers. The legality on downloading thread is going strong in case you need to take your woes there. heh.

As a sidenote, it's a shame to hear that about Sanctuary too. That's a good show.

Yup the only one. No SCI-FI here either. I wish, then wouldn't be a problem.

As for downloading, I suspect that it will be on the SCI-FI networks site. Which unforuntly doesn't allow people outside of the US to watch their television show, vids!!! Weird this is, I can get the special features vids. How strange is that???
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Space is our only scifi channel and we do not get the U.S. channel (at least not in my region). Stargate Atlantis was available only on the movie channel that required an extra subscription fee. Sanctuary currently airs on that channel (Movie Central). I would guess that SGU will be aired on there as well. On another note, at the end of March, the Space channel will start airing SGA season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by bfldworker View Post
              I would be more worried about the Actor Strike crippling the show.
              Won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Won't happen.
                The actor strike or the crippling?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                  The actor strike or the crippling?
                  Actor strike, never going to happen the way things are at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Actor strike, never going to happen the way things are at the moment.
                    Because the unwashed masses would toss flaming bottles through the windows of their BMWs, Ferraris, Lambourghinis, and million dollar mansions if they even attempted to suggest that they deserved more money?
                    sigpic

Comment

I find it strange that Canada can't get US satalite channels. I hate all of these outdated telecom laws, let the free markets solve this problem!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                        I find it strange that Canada can't get US satalite channels. I hate all of these outdated telecom laws, let the free markets solve this problem!
                        I agree completely. It seems anymore there are so many separate licensing issues for every little tiny thing, it's insane. Television needs to adapt to the worldwide audience. I'm a personal fan of the On Demand stuff that Time Warner offers in the US.

I think there should be a universal sci fi channel and the shows are loaded into the system to watch on their specific days. Fans can watch whenever they choose, and select whatever they choose. Each digital box would then report back to the rating company what shows were watched. Then we could have world wide ratings, much like the movie box office, and we all can contribute to the immediate success of the show. (Immediate being now, rather than when our channels decide to show them). And just to add, local commercials can be thrown in depending on state/province and country.

I know there's a million reasons why we couldn't have a universal channel. This is what I'd imagine a utopia to be like. lol. If I had money to hire all the lawyers I need to accomplish such an undertaking, I'd do it, for sci fi.
                        sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

when Atlantis first started it didn't air on the Space Channel right away...it took a few months....I can't see them never airing Universe and even if they end up not showing it I'll just watch it on Movie Central which is better because there are no commercials.

Comment

I saw a commercial on Space for "The new season of Stargate Atlantis, including a new leader" and it was showing pics of Amanda Tapping. I thought wtf are they talking about, then realized they haven't even aired Season 4 yet!!!!

Thank god for The Movie Channels, they are only an extra $15/month. You get 3 Movie channels and HBO Canada. I figure if I watch 3 movies a month it pays for itself right?? Not to mention it airs Stargate almost concurrently with SciFi, sometimes its a week or two behind and sometimes its ahead! Yes it does also air the new Sanctuary episodes, but I don't watch them.

Comment

In Canada, back when I really got into Stargate, the Space Channel had the first-run rights to SG1, but not SGA, the latter which they ran only after each season went into syndication. This meant you'd be watching season 9 of SG1 concurrently with Season 1 of SGA and then seasons 10 and 2 together. They're always a season and a half behind with SGA and in fact s.4 only begins airing this month. (In the promos they're heralding the arrival of Col. Carter.)

Movie Central (Movie Network in Ontario) had the first run rights to Atlantis in Canada, running it Mondays (3 days after sci-fi). The negative part of this is having to pay the extra subscription fee. The positive side is that they air the shows in hi-def, and with no commercials. Space channel has no hi-def channel and as they carry BSG first-run, I have to watch it in standard letterbox then zoom in on it to fill my screen, giving crappy resolution. So I tend to regard Space as a bargain basement sci-fi channel. If Movie Central gets the first run rights to SGU, that's fine with me. I'll pay the extra fee.

And yes Movie Central/Movie Network carries Sanctuary first-run, same night airing as in US, in fact.

Just out of curiosity, does Sci-Fi in the US have a hi-def channel?

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Working...
                              X