Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any chance of continuing Atlantis online like Stargate Horizon?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any chance of continuing Atlantis online like Stargate Horizon?

I just checked out the Stargate Horizon website, and I have to say I'm impressed with it. It gave me an idea--being unsatisfied with an awful lot of Atlantis I've come up with Season 6 and (partway) Season 7. Would there be any chance that, if I convert my fanfiction to screenplay form, there could be an Atlantis Continued website/feature thread? If anyone thinks this is a pretty good idea, please let me know what can be done!
    sigpic
    ~the guitarists~

doubt it. hate to kill your dream but, you'd need scifi, mgm, and a numbero f other corporations to agree with it, or to buy their shares. youd also have to get acast and crew together to film it, yes webseries actors are cheaper than normal, but wont work for free. Also, you'd need an arc(maybe a 6 or 7 episode arc) where the actual cast passes the torch to the cheap cast, or fans would be upset, because having new actors for old parts = failure.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

No. It is over. There will be DVD movies, but that is it.

Please come to terms with reality and stop flailing around to bring it back as a series.
      Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Sure why not... If you think you can do better than TPTW, set it up. Create your own virtual season 6 and onwards of Atlantis.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic View Post
          doubt it. hate to kill your dream but, you'd need scifi, mgm, and a numbero f other corporations to agree with it, or to buy their shares. youd also have to get acast and crew together to film it, yes webseries actors are cheaper than normal, but wont work for free. Also, you'd need an arc(maybe a 6 or 7 episode arc) where the actual cast passes the torch to the cheap cast, or fans would be upset, because having new actors for old parts = failure.
          Actually, I wasn't thinking of it as filmed episodes, but more of simple screenplays, set out in PDF form for everyone to read. I know there's no way to make my own episodes (or at least make my own professional-looking episodes)!

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan View Post

Please come to terms with reality and stop flailing around to bring it back as a series.
          Quite frankly, I don't want it back as a series! I was very disappointed in Season 3...after that the show lost its luster for me. I wish it would go on, but I also am slightly glad that it's been cancelled. To me, it's the right time.
          sigpic
          ~the guitarists~

Comment

Do a 'Be Kind Rewind' type SGA Season 6

That would be quite funny
            sigpic

Comment

I'd wait for the DVD first. (Note I did not use DVD in the plural as I believe there will only be one movie.) Other than that go ahead with it if you want. One of the problems is, you're creating your own vision by extending someone else's vision and, even though your intentions are the best in wanting to keep Atlantis alive, many fans who have different ideas about what direction the series should have gone will simply not like the direction you've taken it, now matter how good a job you do.

In the case of Stargate Horizon, it's Alex Rubit's original creation (based of course on the Stargate concept). The characters are mostly his creation and overall he can do what he wants with it.

Perhaps you might consider a completely original Stargate concept. Who knows you might come up with the next new hit virtual series.

But if it's Atlantis you really want to do, then do it.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

I don't see why not. If you want to do, then do it. Some people will read it, some won't. It wouldn't be the first thing I've read.

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan View Post

And quite frankly I would like to see it come back. If... this new show turns out to be a flop it would be nice if they'd at least continue with what was a hit.
                Save Atlantis Forum
                TheAmberCafe.com Free Classifieds

Comment

Working...
                X